• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

He would sacrifice his first born son (Gata), to stop the Pats and expose them for what they are.

To be fair, he'd probably sacrifice Gata for a spicy 3-piece from Popeye's.

I would hope that I would.

But I am not half the man or hero that Eli was before he became like the rest of us.

Fair enough. You are consistent in your views, I respect that.

Haha were they really? :jnc

Imagine what it would have been like in that alternate reality, being a Lions fan for the last six years without a single playoff win to show for it.

:jnc

Milchjon

Anyone have a good analysis of how Luck has progressed?

Feels like the problems he has now are the same he had years ago. And everyone's always talking like it's inevitable that he'll figure it out.

The funnier draft talk was back in 2009 when many Lions fans (and draft pundits to be fair) were clamoring to pick Aaron Curry over Stafford.

I remember those days. More than a few popular Detroit sports folks were taking that position lol. Granted Stafford's meh completion % at Georgia was a red flag but ultimately taking him was the right decision. The team needed a QB, he was the best QB available. Obviously I'm no Stafford fan but I'm not going to retroactively go back and argue against such an obvious selection.

I'd rather have Stafford from 2009-2015 than be like the Browns, lurching from one failed QB to the next.

Don't worry Kas, Stafford will win something someday.

mustard-belt.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I remember those days. More than a few popular Detroit sports folks were taking that position lol. Granted Stafford's meh completion % at Georgia was a red flag but ultimately taking him was the right decision. The team needed a QB, he was the best QB available. Obviously I'm no Stafford fan but I'm not going to retroactively go back and argue against such an obvious selection.

I'd rather have Stafford from 2009-2015 than be like the Browns, lurching from one failed QB to the next.

to-crying_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

Our*

mr2xxx

Banned

Feels like the problems he has now are the same he had years ago. And everyone's always talking like it's inevitable that he'll figure it out.

Problem is most don't. The Colts issues aren't going to get better when they make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Miami fans still talk about never winning a SB with one of the best QBs ever. It's no mystery that Peyton didn't always play to his potential in the postseason.

Manning era was a huge success, but most one and does ever for a starting QB? I loved having him on the team, but how can a fan tell another fan to not be disappointed in that? It's not like we are saying he did nothing for the franchise, he carried it for years. But dominating the AFCS is no huge feat, Luck was doing it by year two.

Maybe the Packers should settle on one title with the most accurate passer ever. Or you know, try to win one while he's still the best in the league. You have Pats fans saying Brady's getting his fifth this year and they expect no less. SPOILED OMG FUCKING SCUMBAGS
The packers did settle, Brett Favre only one once. Kurt warner only one once. And gasp, there's hall of fame QBs that never won a super bowl at all.

What's the point of following sports if you aren't passionate about your team winng?
passion != whinning and being entitled.

eznark

Banned
Packers have won 14 championships, guess I don't need to talk about them til all the other teams catch up. Wouldn't want to be spoiled.

Pepiope

The packers did settle, Brett Favre only one once. Kurt warner only one once. And gasp, there's hall of fame QBs that never won a super bowl at all.
Won*

I really hope we're only a good QB away from winning one. I'd hate for Bradford to turn into a great QB and we still can't get a SB :(.

captive

Packers have won 14 championships, guess I don't need to talk about them til all the other teams catch up. Wouldn't want to be spoiled.

talk about it all you want, I don't think anyone views the packers as a spoiled franchise. Media people from Indy have come on the air and called the colts spoiled.

The packers are a well run organization. The difference would be them not trying to address things and then whinning that they have Aaron Rodgers, they should have like 3 superbowls with him by now.

damn dyslexia.

talk about it all you want, I don't think anyone views the packers as a spoiled franchise. Media people from Indy have come on the air and called the colts spoiled.

Yeah, but you're from Houston. The team that gets its collective ass whooped by the Colts no matter the season. I'm sure that has a little to do with this opinion.

Hindl

Won*

I really hope we're only a good QB away from winning one. I'd hate for Bradford to turn into a great QB and we still can't get a SB :(.

Davis either needs to fix his shit or we need a new DC. I think if our current young talent develops appropriately (Agholor, Ertz, Rowe, Matthews, Huff), then we're probably a year or two from being consistently dominant. Need to target O Line, safety and WR in the next draft or two, then I think we'll be good.

Still, it's obvious Bill Davis has learned nothing from last year

Hunter S.

Why would they call you spoiled when only those that are at least approaching 60 can even remember more than two championships?

captive

Yeah, but you're from Houston. The team that gets its collective ass whooped by the Colts no matter the season. I'm sure that has a little to do with this opinion.

yes, you're right. I only have this opinion because my team plays in the same division as the colts. I watch no other football and pay attention to no other media. Mah bad.

Spinluck

I think he's progressed some, but I think he needs to work on his mechanics some. At times they look flawless, then you have this past Sunday where he is chucking arm throws and zipping it over the head of guys right in front of him. Accuracy is sometimes an issue in his game, it's becoming more noticeable too.

He also still stares down guys and forces throws, but I think this has to do with him, his system, and his targets (routes not developing?). He threw 49x Sunday, but apparently he was given runs and checked to throws even though the run game wasn't particularly bad. Guess once we got down in the game he tried putting it on his shoulders. TY seems to still be his only reliable targed, and Moncrief and Johnson were incredibly soft that game. Anyway, gonna see how the rest of the season plays out and get back to you!

The thing about Luck is that his offensive prowess is so formidable you can almost forgive his high turnover rate.

Yeah, he's looking more like Favre by the day! I think he's ways away from becoming an efficient passer. He takes too many risks and still has some accuracy issues. As far as the chances and risky throws he makes, I'm not sure how much you can change from that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Miami fans still talk about never winning a SB with one of the best QBs ever. It's no mystery that Peyton didn't always play to his potential in the postseason.

Manning era was a huge success, but most one and does ever for a starting QB? I loved having him on the team, but how can a fan tell another fan to not be disappointed in that? It's not like we are saying he did nothing for the franchise, he carried it for years. But dominating the AFCS is no huge feat, Luck was doing it by year two.

Maybe the Packers should settle on one title with the most accurate passer ever. Or you know, try to win one while he's still the best in the league. You have Pats fans saying Brady's getting his fifth this year and they expect no less. SPOILED OMG FUCKING SCUMBAGS

When manning was Luck's age he had to deal with the East.

captive

Man, 4 recruitment emails for the same job at a company that doesn't allow remote work. People be desperate, but not desperate enough.

levious

Yes, but in his prime he dominated the AFCS.

I was more specifically responding to your comment about Luck dominating the south by year two.

As in Luck has had a much easier transition than manning did.

captive

I was more specifically responding to your comment about Luck dominating the south by year two.

As in Luck has had a much easier transition than manning did.

probably thanks in part to Manning and Polian and Irsay whining to get the rules changed so receivers could no longer even be looked at past five yards. ;-)

Its a vastly different league Luck entered than Manning did.

levious

probably thanks in part to Manning and Polian and Irsay whining to get the rules changed so receivers could no longer even be looked at past five yards. ;-)

Its a vastly different league Luck entered than Manning did.

Well shit that's a whole other issue, but yes. Also tanking just to get Luck. It's annoying whenever the speak glowingly of how he took a last place team to the playoffs in his first season.

bionic77

Speaking of how Pats fans are the worst I still remember all the bitching over the hit on Gronk.

Is there anything worse than a villain with a persecution complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom