• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:jnc

They cared way more about winning tonight than they'll ever let on. Glad this one happened early, now the Pack can focus on the real goal.

What does that look like in avatar form?
Unfortunately I don't have it saved. Kas lost an avatar bet to a Packers-GAF member (wienke?), and had to suffer the indignity of an avatar proclaiming his love of the MVP.

CPZbusQUYAARbd5.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
:jnc

They cared way more about winning tonight than they'll ever let on. Glad this one happened early, now the Pack can focus on the real goal.

Unfortunately I don't have it saved. Kas lost an avatar bet to a Packers-GAF member (wienke?), and had to suffer the indignity of an avatar proclaiming his love of the MVP.

Yeah bucket head made the avatar for him when I won the bet.

No clue what happened to it though since we lost bucket :(

So far they seem to be pretty good actually. Week 1 was 17 points (the touchdown after it was garbage points), and 17 points here, with a very successful first half and a clutch 4th quarter defense.

I think the defense is far from garbage.

Yeah generally speaking anytime you hold a team to 20 points or less, the defense did their job. Even then that doesn't account for special teams shitshows or pick sixes so you could say the defense played well despite the other team scoring 30 in a few rare situations.

Miracle

Yeah generally speaking anytime you hold a team to 20 points or less, the defense did their job. Even then that doesn't account for special teams shitshows or pick sixes so you could say the defense played well despite the other team scoring 30 in a few rare situations.

Yeah and so far Don Capers despite the constant criticism he has been getting for years by the Packers fanbase, he's doing a solid job right now and think he's been underrated since.

I mean the guy is now the longest tenured defensive coach for that organization, he must be doing SOMETHING right for him to be there for that long.

Draconian

Yeah and so far Don Capers despite the constant criticism he has been getting for years by the Packers fanbase, he's doing a solid job right now and think he's been underrated since.

I mean the guy is now the longest tenured defensive coach for that organization, he must be doing SOMETHING right for him to be there for that long.

His criticism has been warranted, but he has been better so far this season. We'll see how it goes.

That's... generous.

2009 he got them to their first winning record ever, in 2011 he got them to their best 10-game record ever and contributed to them making the playoffs for the first time ever, and in 2012 got them a playoff win and had the second-most passing yards in a game in league history, even after losing part of his ear and getting kicked in the dick by Suh.

If you can't call at least 2 of those 3 years "good", your definition needs to be reevaluated

Miracle

Packers D has sucked against mobile quarterbacks for years now. I thought it would change by now.

Well today, they only gave up 17 points. And it's against a very good mobile quarterback, as well as a very good running back.

Shutting down both a top 10 QB and a top 5 RB is a pretty difficult task for any team in the league.

KaYotiX

Banned
Missed most of the 4th qtr due to work but watching the big plays in GIFs is a great way to catch up.

2-0! Hope Lacy and Adams are ok

Miracle

Missed most of the 4th qtr due to work but watching the big plays in GIFs is a great way to catch up.

2-0! Hope Lacy and Adams are ok

Adams came back after he went to the locker room and played some in the 2nd half so he should be fine.

Lacy, yeah I guess we will have to find out more about him tomorrow or so.

Tabris

Who do I pick for next week?

Denver D against Lions

or

Buffalo D against Miami

Both the Lions and Miami are awful. Tannehill is a bit better then Stafford though.

Matthew Stafford: Stafford's line at Minnesota was the perfect microcosm of his career: 32 of 53 for 286 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Hey, 286 yards, not bad! Yeah, it's bad when it takes 53 attempts to get there.

By the end of the year, Stafford's final line with the Detroit Lions will look decent. It always does. But it's usually because he throws the ball an insane amount of times and can't help but put up some OK counting stats. He still doesn't look any better as a quarterback though, in his seventh season. He didn't have one completion of more than 19 yards. With those weapons? That's criminal.

Stafford is stuck in the Jay Cutler zone: He's getting paid like a franchise quarterback, though he clearly isn't, and the franchise would never let him go although it's clear by now he's not going to take a step forward and they won't win anything with him. If Stafford hasn't broken through yet, it's not going to happen.

NBC analyst Rodney Harrison questions Detroit Lions teammates' respect for QB Matthew Stafford

"I'm very disappointed in their team. This is a cheap shot right here," Harrison said as the video was replayed for viewers prior to Sunday Night Football. "Nobody comes to his defense except a rookie lineman. This is just crazy. This just shows me how much respect this team has for Matthew Stafford, not a lot."

Glad to see that the Lions have restored the roar to it's usual level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom