• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

I often think about wasted talent, comes up often when I think of the Bills, and right now I'm not sure there's more talent being wasted than what the Bills do, or don't do, with Robert Woods. Get him off the team, doesn't deserve purgatory. Can't wait until he bolts, he needs to play. This offense is built around not throwing to WRs, it's amazing really. We don't throw to anyone really, lol.

Edit: I've been looking forward to the Jets game all week, hope they ball out tonight.

ESPN Fantasy Projection: Stafford's strengths are obvious: rocket arm, good in-pocket mobility and Megatron. But he's the reigning monarch of ill-advised throws, reflected by a league-high eight red zone picks over the past three years. We're always going to think Stafford should produce better numbers than he does. After all, not everyone can throw for 4,200-plus yards without surpassing 22 TDs. It's happened only five times in NFL history, and Stafford has done it twice in the past three seasons. Having a healthy Calvin Johnson for 16 games would help, and Golden Tate is finally filling the No. 2 WR hole in Detroit. But somehow, some way, Stafford will break your heart.

It's almost like Stafford puts up a ton of empty stats.

Miracle

It's almost like Stafford puts up a ton of empty stats.

It also adds yet another bullet point on why passing yards is getting more useless of a stat to determine the QBs worth. It seems like more and more QBs can produce 4,000 passing yard seasons nowadays, yet if they only convert barely 20+ TDs, than its meaningless.

Striker

And to think, they picked him over James Jones. :p

Actually was it between him or someone else vs James Jones?
He was going to stay if Cruz was on PUP or something, but he was practicing and made good progress and around late August he hurt his calf. Jones was not staying since he figured he would be behind Cruz and Randle - both of whom have been hurt. Randle isn't even a decoy at this point. He's useless.

I'm sure they regret allowing Jones to go now though. They have no one taking coverage off Beckham at all.

Miracle

He was going to stay if Cruz was on PUP or something, but he was practicing and made good progress and around late August he hurt his calf. Jones was not staying since he figured he would be behind Cruz and Randle - both of whom have been hurt. Randle isn't even a decoy at this point. He's useless.

I'm sure they regret allowing Jones to go now though. They have no one taking coverage off Beckham at all.

Yeah that's a shame. I was actually looking forward to see what the Giants offense would be like with Cruz and ODB together. I mean it will still happen but later than I expected.

Jarnet87

Somebody won our survivor pool in two weeks with 221 people in it . Holy fucking upsets.
Thanks Saints you fucking scrubs.

lol Dam. The Saints had won 7 straight over the Bucs but the majority of those wins were very tight contests so to me it wasn't as much as a slam dunk pick as people seemed to think it would be. I don't blame people for picking them at home coming off how bad the Bucs looked last week. Another big one was probably Miami yesterday.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, that 49ers game went about as expected. At least the Raiders beat the Ravens!

In unrelated news, NBA Live demo shenanigans!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1114951

N34VVZ0.gif

Milchjon

So we'll potentially face Cowboys without Romo, Bryant and maybe Witten.

Also:
Brees, Manning, and Luck rank 28th, 29th, and 30th in ESPN's QBR ratings.

squicken

It kinda sorta very much looks like Jason Peters is in pretty steep decline, and Kelce was awful. Chip is going to have to huddle and stop putting his defense on the field like that because they will have to win the games now. Sanchez Bradford whovever. Unless Luck or Rodgers gets traded that offense is boned

Tom Penny

Also:
Brady would have 10 td's but he can't handle the extra Psi. They were also shady and ran a no huddle offense again.

Striker

Yeah that's a shame. I was actually looking forward to see what the Giants offense would be like with Cruz and ODB together. I mean it will still happen but later than I expected.
It's a matter of how effective Cruz can be. All they need is someone else taking the load off Beckham a tiny bit. He is all they have at WR/TE. Randle did it well last season late, but his knees seem to be in real bad shape. Vereen has been awesome but he is still splitting reps with Jennings.

Also:

If you lose that game. You deserve to lose the East to the Bills. Because .. Damn, that is some lucky shit

Also damn to those qbr ratings

Wow, I had the weirdest dream last night, guys. The Dolphins lost to the Jaguars! Hah, imagine that! Not only that, they didn't sack Bortles a single time even though he has been sacked 4+ times in the past 8 games. Crazy stuff!

Daffy Duck

I was watching the Patriots vs Buffalo Bills match last night, what the fuck is up with that annoying train horn being blasted every 30 seconds?

Also why does it matter what college people went to? Why do they show it when they show their name/stats sometimes?

I'm from the UK and always like American Football, but this year I've watched a load of it already and really enjoying it.

Tabris

I was going to curse drafting Marshawn Lynch even though I won the week. But I just looked at the draft picks close to me:

Eddie Lacy - Injured
DeMarco Murray - Useless
Dez Bryant - Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom