• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

squicken, tell me again how Maxwell hasn't been a problem

He doesn't register on my giveafucks with how bad the offense is. If the offense isn't going to block or throw or catch then the defense is going to break

It's like the special teams. How does an unblocked defender run right up the middle and block a punt? You never see that. Usually a punt blocker has to at least beat someone. But DAL had a dude come off a stunt totally free and block a punt with his dick

Does that really matter when the offense rushes for 7 yards? Bradford throws awful INTs and the WRs drop 4-5 3rd down passes a game?

Can't score can't win

eznark

Banned
He doesn't register on my giveafucks with how bad the offense is. If the offense isn't going to block or throw or catch then the defense is going to break

It's like the special teams. How does an unblocked defender run right up the middle and block a punt? You never see that. Usually a punt blocker has to at least beat someone. But DAL had a dude come off a stunt totally free and block a punt with his dick

Does that really matter when the offense rushes for 7 yards? Bradford throws awful INTs and the WRs drop 4-5 3rd down passes a game?

Can't score can't win

You would hope that with all the ink spilled and nut swallowed by the national football commentariat that there is still hope for Chip The Great to solve the offense. Motherfucker probably doesn't even know how to spell defense so we know he can't right that ship.

Sephzilla

MRI was negative, so it wasn't a high ankle. Probably 1-3 weeks. Honestly, they shouldn't need him til November at Denver so they should take their time with him. Same with Bulaga.

Its a high ankle sprain which is the worst kind. It'll be a while and even when he comes back it'll be lingering all season.

*edit - ^^ never mind according to the post above.

Thanks!

And yeah, they should take their time making sure Lacy is healthy. Starks is good enough to hold the fort down until Lacy is 100%

bionic77

My analysis of yesterday's game:

The Eagles sucked.
To be fair to the Eagles, the Cowboys were not much better.

That game was a strong candidate for the worst of the year.

The East is looking horrible.

squicken what's your opinion on your boy Bradford two games in?
He looks like a dump off charlie.

Anytime he had to throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field he has not shown any accuracy. Maybe that is because his legs are not where they should be yet, but it is looking shaky in Philly. He may have lost the fans there after just one game too. What a horrible start for the guy. He stinks it up for 6 out of his first 8 quarters and then shits the bed against the Cowboys at home.

That INT in the endzone has to be in the discussion for worst throw of the season so far.

Fox318

xXFbufz.png

2 weeks

squicken

You would hope that with all the ink spilled and nut swallowed by the national football commentariat that there is still hope for Chip The Great to solve the offense. Motherfucker probably doesn't even know how to spell defense so we know he can't right that ship.

What I think about Maxwell is that he is just being used totally wrong. He is being asked to perform beyond his skillset. They took a complimentary zone CB and asked him to a lock down man cover CB. A good defensive coach can triage that and get something that works. Maxwell hasn't quit. He's not Nnamdi.

eznark

Banned
Sure quit on that pivotal touchdown yesterday. Flat fucking quit. If he falls down with his arms extended he accidentally saves a TD. Instead he just coasts and laughs.

Does anyone have the picture of the mock ESPN 3:60 episode detailing how Chip ruined the Eagles?

Weird how the further out they get from the Andy Reid roster the more pathetic the team performs.

I was watching the Patriots vs Buffalo Bills match last night, what the fuck is up with that annoying train horn being blasted every 30 seconds?

Also why does it matter what college people went to? Why do they show it when they show their name/stats sometimes?

I'm from the UK and always like American Football, but this year I've watched a load of it already and really enjoying it.

I haven't read much past this, but I don't think anyone responded. College Football is equally as big in the US, so many fans like and root for players from their college that go pro.

squicken

squicken what's your opinion on your boy Bradford two games in?

He looks awful. The best thing that can be said about him is that he is just part of the problem, and not the problem. But if he is going to throw INTs then they should play Sanchez, who can at least mix in some running with his INTs

e: forgot about the Weeden TD for Maxwell. Yeah and he blamed that on being fatigued b/c of bad offense. So sorta douchey. Good thing about the UT job is that one bad recruiting class doesn't sink you

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lost in the shuffle is that Browns haven't won a home opener in about 13 years I believe. I've been to the last couple openers, good to finally win one.
Edit: wait a minute did we win the opener last year? So much loss I forgot

^^^^ don't worry that's just Russell wilsons health drink he's pouring on himself

Next is breaking the decade long losing the first game of the season streak!

How could you forget that last second field goal to win the opener against the Saints? So good!

Also mmmm love me Mondays, some good solid football talk in the morning and ez dispensing some wisdom and links. Helps get me through the morning of work.

jmdajr

Ok.

Bucks won. Vikings won. Jags won. Browns won. Redskins wons.

Texans? LOSERS

Just like the Seahawks!

Gonna be a long season.

LJ11

He looks awful. The best thing that can be said about him is that he is just part of the problem, and not the problem. But if he is going to throw INTs then they should play Sanchez, who can at least mix in some running with his INTs

Man, when Sanchez is your only next best option, fuck...

bionic77

Sure quit on that pivotal touchdown yesterday. Flat fucking quit. If he falls down with his arms extended he accidentally saves a TD. Instead he just coasts and laughs.

Weird how the further out they get from the Andy Reid roster the more pathetic the team performs.
Its strange how few coaches can coach up players and make them better from Monday to Saturday AND still have good instincts on gameday and who can make adjustments on the fly.

It is probably a disaster waiting to happen but maybe someone should try a two head coach system. Get a Bill Cowher or Andy Reid type who is in charge of coaching the boys up and getting them ready to play. And then a passionless robot who can't coach people up but can make great gameday adjustments and understands tactics.

eznark

Banned
Its strange how few coaches can coach up players and make them better from Monday to Saturday AND still have good instincts on gameday and who can make adjustments on the fly.

It is probably a disaster waiting to happen but maybe someone should try a two head coach system. Get a Bill Cowher or Andy Reid type who is in charge of coaching the boys up and getting them ready to play. And then a passionless robot who can't coach people up but can make great gameday adjustments and understands tactics.

To be fair, no one has ever claimed Chip Kelly can coach guys up. He can fit guys into his system, but no one pretends that he makes them better football players.

squicken

I've never seen worse run blocking than the Eagles have. Usually when a run game gets shut down it's b/c the defense stuffs the box and dares the offense to throw. But DAL just had their front 4 killing the Eagles OL and their LBs coming free. Their RBs had -2 yards!

That's what I look forward to reading this week. I can see why a QB or WR fails for the most part. But I have no idea to figure out who is at fault when a guard and center let a LB run right between them while they block no one

bionic77

I would imagine you could still work out quite a bit with a fractured clavicle and they are just keeping him out to prevent further injury.

So I think its not the worst injury Romo could have had. He should be able to come back full strength.

eznark

Banned
Vince Verhei said:
With a third-and-long up 10 points with less than five minutes to go, Brandon Weeden hits Terrance Williams for a 42-yard touchdown. Just a slant-and-go route against Byron Maxwell, who put forth one of the most half-assed efforts you'll ever see from a cornerback in an NFL game. He could not have given any less of a damn there. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, but that was appalling.

KuGsj.gif

MRSA

Banned
I would imagine you could still work out quite a bit with a fractured clavicle and they are just keeping him out to prevent further injury.

So I think its not the worst injury Romo could have had. He should be able to come back full strength.

The Cowboys are just lucky they're in the NFCEast, they will still be contenders if Romo comes back and their record is 4-6.

I've never seen worse run blocking than the Eagles have. Usually when a run game gets shut down it's b/c the defense stuffs the box and dares the offense to throw. But DAL just had their front 4 killing the Eagles OL and their LBs coming free. Their RBs had -2 yards!

That's what I look forward to reading this week. I can see why a QB or WR fails for the most part. But I have no idea to figure out who is at fault when a guard and center let a LB run right between them while they block no one
Like I mentioned yesterday, Dolphins were also abysmal. If you take out Tannehill's rushing yards they had 25 yards on 13 carries.

They didn't even bother trying to run in the 4th quarter. "Okay Ryan, go do everything! Good luck!"

Zeke

I wonder how pissed CBS is now that they have Brady vs Weeden instead of Romo in a couple of weeks.
And I was so looking forward to that game. The only comfort I take in the game was the defense playing great. It was great to see them play so good even while missing big players. Hardy, McClain and Gregory all coming back will be a huge boost for the team. I'm really hoping the defense can keep us in games until Romo comes back.

I have a dream that Jerry signs Tebow as a backup QB, Weeden goes down, Tebow comes in, manages to win some ugly games against divisional rivals, wins the division at 9-7, manages to matchup against Green Bay in the playoffs, runs over Capers and GB's D on read-option keeps and making few big throws when needed, shockingly eliminating the Packers 34-31.

eznark

Banned
I have a dream that Jerry signs Tebow as a backup QB, Weeden goes down, Tebow comes in, manages to win some ugly games against divisional rivals, wins the division at 9-7, manages to matchup against Green Bay in the playoffs, runs over Capers and GB's D on read-option keeps and making few big throws when needed, shockingly eliminating the Packers 34-31.

So your theory is that a Tim Tebow led offense would be two touchdowns better than a Russell Wilson led offense?

That's astounding.

gutshot

A few things:

-Chip's offense has become way too predictable. Chris Brown of @smartfootball was calling out the plays yesterday based on the formation. If a writer on Twitter knows what play you are going to run based on your formation, you can bet your ass the defense knows.

-Their offensive line is not getting the job done. Not just the new starting guards, but even Peters and Kelce are getting blown up on run plays.

-The inside zone is a lot less effective because there is literally ZERO threat of the QB keeping and running. This is why I never understood trading for Bradford. Even if you couldn't get Mariota, why not draft someone like Hundley or sign someone like Tyrod Taylor?

-The WRs don't scare any body right now. Matthews is a nice possession receiver, but isn't going to blow the top off the D. Agholor is just a rookie. Riley Cooper sucks. Basically, the defense can sneak 8 into the box on most plays and not get burned.

Lost in the shuffle is that Browns haven't won a home opener in about 13 years I believe. I've been to the last couple openers, good to finally win one.
Edit: wait a minute did we win the opener last year? So much loss I forgot

^^^^ don't worry that's just Russell wilsons health drink he's pouring on himself

lol..

Cleveland 1.0 is in last place.

Cleveland 2.0 is sitting pretty @ .500.

Yes.. Yes they are. They are playing no better than what is found in Larry's toilet.

This week, BG and I are frenemies.

I'm looking at you too cat!

Cooper is awesome.

I do think y'all will probably win this week.

squicken

Like I mentioned yesterday, Dolphins were also abysmal. If you take out Tannehill's rushing yards they had 25 yards on 13 carries.

They didn't even bother trying to run in the 4th quarter. "Okay Ryan, go do everything! Good luck!"

But that is at least going forward. Chip said in his press conference that he didn't run it at the goal line b/c he didn't think they could block it. They were at the one yard line!

-@gutshot Shanahan ran IZ with Flacco, Schoob and Ryan. Not sure you have to have RG3 to make it work

ShaneB

Completely meaningless non-conference game against opponents with literally no history in the last 40 years or interesting narratives.

Can't wait.

Hope Tolzien starts.

It's 1 game in a season of 16 games. Every game matters. Had you won some meaningless game against the Bills last season you would've had a better record and had home field in the NFCCG.

LJ11

A few things:

-Chip's offense has become way too predictable. Chris Brown of @smartfootball was calling out the plays yesterday based on the formation. If a writer on Twitter knows what play you are going to run based on your formation, you can bet your ass the defense knows.

-Their offensive line is not getting the job done. Not just the new starting guards, but even Peters and Kelce are getting blown up on run plays.

-The inside zone is a lot less effective because there is literally ZERO threat of the QB keeping and running. This is why I never understood trading for Bradford. Even if you couldn't get Mariota, why not draft someone like Hundley or sign someone like Tyrod Taylor?

-The WRs don't scare any body right now. Matthews is a nice possession receiver, but isn't going to blow the top off the D. Agholor is just a rookie. Riley Cooper sucks. Basically, the defense can sneak 8 into the box on most plays and not get burned.

The problem with Matthews is that he runs one fucking route all game long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom