• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

But that is at least going forward. Chip said in his press conference that he didn't run it at the goal line b/c he didn't think they could block it. They were at the one yard line!

-@gutshot Shanahan ran IZ with Flacco, Schoob and Ryan. Not sure you have to have RG3 to make it work

That's true. But it helps, especially when your offensive line is struggling as badly as it is. I also think Chip is stubborn enough to not modify his IZ package to work better with a non-mobile QB the way Shanny might be doing (haven't watched ATL or BAL tape to know if that is what Shanahan is doing or not).

eznark

Banned
Totally agree. ez is still in baseball mode it seems.

I say the same thing about all these garbage non-con games. Pittsburgh in 11 or whenever that was. Totally meaningless. But then I also think home field advantage is totally meaningless for Green Bay in the playoffs as well, especially since they now effectively have a three game lead over Seattle, the only HFA that would even remotely matter.

Totally agree. ez is still in baseball mode it seems.

That's fair, the Bucks have always been meaningless.

oh

j-wood

I still can't believe we lost to the browns yesterday. Honestly, if our CB wasn't a lazy ass on both of those long TDs, we would have been up by a TD at the end of the game. If you watch the replay BOTH TIMES, the CB basically stops running because he thinks the defense gets a sack.

Worst monday ever.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
MRSA will hate me even more this entire week.

I'm giving the Browns a great chance to win this game because it's at home. If we were playing in Oakland I'd for sure expect a loss.

I still can't believe we lost to the browns yesterday. Honestly, if our CB wasn't a lazy ass on both of those long TDs, we would have been up by a TD at the end of the game. If you watch the replay BOTH TIMES, the CB basically stops running because he thinks the defense gets a sack.

Worst monday ever.

Maybe if Jets win then maybe the day will improve? Colts 0-2 then

gutshot

The problem with Matthews is that he runs one fucking route all game long.

Which route? The shallow cross? He's not being asked to run too many routes, that is true.

I still think the Eagles are better off with him out wide and Huff or Sproles in the slot. Get fucking Riley Cooper off the field.

Grexeno

It's 1 game in a season of 16 games. Every game matters. Had you won some meaningless game against the Bills last season you would've had a better record and had home field in the NFCCG.
mAyTsCH.jpg

SonnyBoy

Sure quit on that pivotal touchdown yesterday. Flat fucking quit. If he falls down with his arms extended he accidentally saves a TD. Instead he just coasts and laughs.

Weird how the further out they get from the Andy Reid roster the more pathetic the team performs.

Maybe I'm mistaken but Andy had a solid team. DJax, Shady, Macklin... and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. It would be hard to not field a competitive team with those pieces. But Chip knows best apparently... It wasn't just that he got rid of those guys, but it was the manner in which it was done. Especially with DJax.

It makes me wonder if Chip has lost the lockerroom to an extent. He believes so much in his system that he forgot that it takes willing bodies to execute it. If they quit on him, he'll be fired.

eznark

Banned
PFF grader, whoever the fuck he is, gave Don Barclay a -10.5 last night. Were I still able to pay for their grades I would no longer be interested. Just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of pass protection and the Packers scheme. Amazing.

I say the same thing about all these garbage non-con games. Pittsburgh in 11 or whenever that was. Totally meaningless. But then I also think home field advantage is totally meaningless for Green Bay in the playoffs as well, especially since they now effectively have a three game lead over Seattle, the only HFA that would even remotely matter.
Mathematically it doesn't make sense that any week three game is "totally" meaningless.

They have effectively a three game lead over Seattle right now, that's true. What happens to that number if they lose in week 3 and Seattle wins?

I know you love to try and define everything in absolute terms but sometimes it just doesn't make sense!

Honestly this season, I don't really care about any teams except ask that I be entertained. The only thing I desire is for the Pats to not make it to the Superbowl. That is pretty much my only constant year-in and year-out. After that, just give me entertaining games.

eznark

Banned
Mathematically it doesn't make sense that any week three game is "totally" meaningless.

They have effectively a three game lead over Seattle right now, that's true. What happens to that number if they lose in week 3 and Seattle wins?

I know you love to try and define everything in absolute terms but sometimes it just doesn't make sense!

It makes sense considering the venue, frienderino.

Look at the Packers schedule and try to convince me that this game matters. You can't.

LJ11

Which route? The shallow cross? He's not being asked to run too many routes, that is true.

I still think the Eagles are better off with him out wide and Huff or Sproles in the slot. Get fucking Riley Cooper off the field.

One and only route he runs, that cross. It's insane how often he runs it.

I still don't know how PFF grades DBs with no 22 footage, unless they now have access to it right away. DB gets beat but what if he thought the safety was going to be inside, but the safety bit on the dig route. Shit like that, hard to see on TV feed.

eznark

Banned

I still don't know how PFF grades DBs with no 22 footage, unless they now have access to it right away. DB gets beat but what if he thought the safety was going to be inside, but the safety bit on the dig route. Shit like that, hard to see on TV feed.

Given their contracts with NFL teams I assume they get immediate access that way.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers schedule is looking easier by the week. It looked like the NFC East was a tough draw pre-season but they aren't much better than the AFC South right now. Atlanta might be a good team, but we don't play them until Week 14. 10-11 wins is definitely a possibility and should be enough for a wild card if we don't win the division. Saints are D-O-N-E.

I was going to post yesterday but I was too pissed. These Dolphins are such an embarrassment. We spend all that money for Suh and what has that changed on our d line. We made Bortles look like Brady. FIRE eveyone!!!!! I'm sick of this bullshit, same shit every year. And if Tannehill was this great QB and our future he would be able to move the ball more than 10 yards in the last drive.

ACE 1991

I don't think I've ever been this rattled by a sports team loss like I am after yesterday's utterly pitiful performance by the Philadelphia Eagles. I will NEVER, EVER take stock in preseason ever again in my life as long as I follow the NFL.

SI: Report: Ndamukong Suh ignored coach’s play calls in loss to Jaguars

Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh disregarded play calls from defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle in the team’s loss to the Jaguars on Sunday, reports the Miami Herald.

By “freelancing” at times, Suh created confusion on the Dolphins defensive line, the Herald reports.

Suh signed a six-year, $114 million contract with the Dolphins this off-season after spending the first five years of his career with the Lions. His acquisition was expected to vastly improve the Dolphins defense, but so far he has made minimal impact.

In two games, Suh has made only two tackles and one assist with no sacks.The Dolphins defense as a whole did not record a sack on Sunday, and allowed 396 yards. The defenders did not force an interception from Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles.

When asked about his lack of contribution, Suh could provide little explanation.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”

Suh left the game in the second quarter with an apparent leg injury, but returned shortly after with just under two minutes left in the quarter.

Miami lost by a score of 23–20 and now have a 1–1 record. Next week, the team faces the Buffalo Bills at home.

The bit from the Miami Herald:

Going off script

A big reason why: Suh, who for the second straight week was a nonfactor, strayed from Kevin Coyle’s script.

The Miami Herald has learned that Suh freelanced at times Sunday, creating confusion on the defense. By taking matters into his own hands, the Dolphins’ $114 million man took a bad situation and made it worse.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said, when asked to explain his uninspired play. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”

Priority No. 1 is showing up for the opening kick.

The Dolphins allowed 396 yards — including 273 before halftime — and made Blake Bortles look like a competent quarterback. Bortles completed 18 of 33 passes for 273 yards, two scores and — most importantly — no interceptions.

He should have had at least one. Brent Grimes had a pick in his hands late in the first half but couldn’t hang on.

This week has been great.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So Suh is doing exactly what everybody not a Phins fans or Kas was saying he was going to do, and Haynesworth it up?

I am like, totes shocked and junk.

bionic77

Miami is really getting the short end of the stick with a lot of overrated star FAs.

I wanted them to do well and was hoping that Suh could make a big difference to their defense but so far he is below average for his position.

Even if he is a bust he could still become a hero for a some late and illegal hits on Brady. No one is above you stomping on him either Suh, just to be safe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's 1 game in a season of 16 games. Every game matters. Had you won some meaningless game against the Bills last season you would've had a better record and had home field in the NFCCG.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Green Bay has the division on lock so we're making the playoffs no matter what. After two weeks we're already talking about playoff positioning which is crazy but that's how shitty the NFC North is this year.

Like ez said, Seattle is still the only place I wouldn't want to play. The non-conference games just aren't important to us since the division is locked down yet again.

gutshot

The Eagles only have a handful of pass plays they run. Verts, shallow crosses and the smash concept are like 90% of their pass plays. They'll mix in a bubble screen and RB screen every once in a while. That's pretty much it.

When the Eagles offensive line is playing well, the simple playbook allows the Eagles to play at tempo and pressure the defense that way. When the offensive line sucks, the whole thing falls apart.

I don't think I've ever been this rattled by a sports team loss like I am after yesterday's utterly pitiful performance by the Philadelphia Eagles. I will NEVER, EVER take stock in preseason ever again in my life as long as I follow the NFL.

That preseason success makes this so much better. After watching the Eagles Packers preseason game and seeing Bradford jump around after every TD or completion as if it was the Super Bowl I knew the Eagles hype bus was going to break down. I just didn't expect it to happen quite so fast or spectacularly though.

MaGlock

Dallas fan here, looks like we're hoping for 8 weeks, a few winnable games if our defense can build off this week. Hardy and McClain back week 5 and Gregory shortly after that. The division looks so bad if we can just hang around till romo and dez return might still be a chance in hell. Very somber win yesterday.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Green Bay has the division on lock so we're making the playoffs no matter what. After two weeks we're already talking about playoff positioning which is crazy but that's how shitty the NFC North is this year.

Like ez said, Seattle is still the only place I wouldn't want to play. The non-conference games just aren't important to us since the division is locked down yet again.
I guess the Packers will rest their starters then.

Miami is really getting the short end of the stick with a lot of overrated star FAs.

I wanted them to do well and was hoping that Suh could make a big difference to their defense but so far he is below average for his position.

Even if he is a bust he could still become a hero for a some late and illegal hits on Brady. No one is above you stomping on him either Suh, just to be safe.

I can only imagine what kind of shenanigans would ensue should Gronk burn him on a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom