• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Beason is truly a beast when he's healthy, but the Giants are learning why the Panther's traded him in the first place. He just can't stay on the field.
He stayed healthy one season and Reese gives him good money. Since that new deal, he's barely seen the field.

Eli on Randle and Parker:

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 34m34 minutes ago

Eli Manning on Preston Parker: "Preston's gonna be a fine. I'm gonna keep throwing to him."
New York Giants & #8207;@Giants 34m34 minutes ago

Eli Manning says the offense needs to start getting WR Rueben Randle more involved.
One can't catch. One can't get open/run.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lions could easily go 4-12. Their schedule is pretty rough.

Matthew Stafford: Stafford's line at Minnesota was the perfect microcosm of his career: 32 of 53 for 286 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Hey, 286 yards, not bad! Yeah, it's bad when it takes 53 attempts to get there.

By the end of the year, Stafford's final line with the Detroit Lions will look decent. It always does. But it's usually because he throws the ball an insane amount of times and can't help but put up some OK counting stats. He still doesn't look any better as a quarterback though, in his seventh season. He didn't have one completion of more than 19 yards. With those weapons? That's criminal.

Stafford is stuck in the Jay Cutler zone: He's getting paid like a franchise quarterback, though he clearly isn't, and the franchise would never let him go although it's clear by now he's not going to take a step forward and they won't win anything with him. If Stafford hasn't broken through yet, it's not going to happen.

Scary thing is that despite this being entirely true Stafford is still probably the best QB the Lions ever had.

Eli on Randle and Parker:

One can't catch. One can't get open/run.
He isn't wrong though. They are what we have for better or worse. Vic isn't ready yet and we have another divisional game coming up. These guys have to do work.

McAdoo working Vereen into both the run and pass game yesterday was a step in the right direction. The guy is explosive when he has the ball. We really missed Daniel Fells blocking in the run game, too. Donnell is hot poop in that regard.

Sephzilla

wat? All he has to do is turn Shead inside (which is his job) and the only person left to tackle Starks in Sherman, who can't tackle:

Three different Seahawks have angles on him. And Starks isn't really that fast. Starks takes one, one, stutter step and 77 is already all over him. And 58 and 29 are both there to hit him out of bounds before the end zone. Stark's isn't getting in on that play. Starks also did himself no favors by running straight into Kuhn.

That Montgomery play was fucking sweet though.

brentech

ClutteredLankyGraysquirrel.gif

Boner.
Adams and Montgomery show a lot of promise for the packers WR future.

Zeke

Ok gonna give this a go. Thoughts on Dallas.

Defense: played great. Dline was blowing plays up for a second week in a row. Sean Lee is one of the best LB's in the league. 9 tackles, 5 assists and an int, 23 tackles total so far. He makes such a huge impact out there. MO and Carr are still trash. Hardy, McClain and Gregory coming back will be huge. I expect to see a lot more qb pressures and sacks. If the defense can hold teams to low scores we might be ok.

Offense: oline played great in run blocking and pass blocking needs to get better. A lot of times offense looked confused not knowing where to line up or snap count. Run game looked good not a lot of big runs but they put 107 yds up. Encouraging to see the offense control the clock 40:30 top but they really need to finish drives.

Take away: it's going to be a tough couple of months. The entire division is a dumpster fire and we still have a shot at taking the division. Winning our first division games is huge right now. If we can break even at 3-3 that would be huge. Realistically I can see losing five games falcons, pats, ny, phi and hawks. Defense will be the name of the game if the d let's teams go wild we're done Weeden won't put up 28+ plus in a game.

harSon

Banned
Can we talk about how good Shazier is? Dude had 15 tackle, 11 solo and three for a loss. He also had a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery.

ACE 1991

That preseason success makes this so much better. After watching the Eagles Packers preseason game and seeing Bradford jump around after every TD or completion as if it was the Super Bowl I knew the Eagles hype bus was going to break down. I just didn't expect it to happen quite so fast or spectacularly though.

No one on earth could have.

Beason is truly a beast when he's healthy, but the Giants are learning why the Panther's traded him in the first place. He just can't stay on the field.

The only reason he's still on the team, Reese is a pathetic GM who ignored the LB position since he got the job, instead of using a high draft pick on a LB, he's constantly used 4-7th picks hoping to get lucky, most of these guys are trash.

4th Zak DeOssie Outside Linebacker
4th Bryan Kehl Outside Linebacker
5th Jonathan Goff Linebacker
no LB drafted
4th Phillip Dillard Linebacker
6th Greg Jones LB
6th Jacquian Williams LB
no LB drafted
no LB drafted
5th Devon Kennard LB
no LB drafted

Reese has go, he's living off the previous GM drafting success, only player left from EA is Manning, this current mess is all on Reese..

j-wood

passing of the torch

Mariota got bailed out of some bad plays yesterday for sure. He didn't have a great start, credit to the browns defense for just blowing up our o-line.

But after halftime, dude came out and led two scoring drives to put us back into the game, and had our CB not been a lazy ass (or this ATROCIOUS holding call, https://instagram.com/p/75d-UoPUqNHsrHZt76gvBryDoYvLQtfwYobFY0/), could have led a third. IMO, shows you got it to get out there and put the bad stuff behind you.

Miracle

Aaron Rodgers is currently ranked #2 in QB Passer Rating. #1?
Mariota

Mariota has been very impressive. Obviously his game yesterday wasn't as good as last week but he still didn't throw an int and got two more TDs.

And good for the Titans especially as they seem to finally have a suitable QB they can rely on for years to come. Although it's only been two games in the season but still.

j-wood

BS on #1. His PR rating had to be horrible after yesterday. And he's been sacked already 9 times. Great use of our pick Titans GM. Zackie could of done the same.

E: 21/37 yesterday.

Lets be real sf. Mariota is going to be better than Mett (and I like Mett). Yesterday was a bad day because of our terrible O-Line play. Still Mariota came out after half and led two scoring drives. Solid for a rookie.

Hindl

My analysis of yesterday's game:

The Eagles sucked.

Yeah can't put it any other way than that. Chip tried something different and (so far at least), it's been a disaster. Kiko is hurt, but so far doesn't look like he's out for the season. Bradford was spraying all over the field, although when he was on target the receivers dropped free passes. Demarco got stuffed, but I'm not blaming him. The two journeymen at guards are killing us, and Peters' age finally seems to be catching up with him. The only bright side yesterday was the improved defense, save for Maxwell's surrender on the TD. But, given that the offense had been producing nothing to help, I can't even blame him for saying fuck this

harSon

Banned
He is a ton of fun to watch and they used him really well yesterday.

If only Jarvis Jones would take similar strides. It feels like Bud Dupree is having more of an impact in his rookie season than Jones is in his 3rd year (although he's been more injured than not...)

Also, any news on Lacy? My opponent was nursing a 3 point lead heading into last nights game. All his players had played, and I had Lacy left :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mariota has been very impressive. Obviously his game yesterday wasn't as good as last week but he still didn't throw an int and got two more TDs.

And good for the Titans especially as they seem to finally have a suitable QB they can rely on for years to come. Although it's only been two games in the season but still.

He got bailed out yesterday, should have had 1 INT but Desmond Bryant got flagged for hands to the face. It was a bad throw by Mariota right to OUR safety.

I'm just glad that WE were able to welcome Mariota to the NFL the proper way. 7 sacks, a fumble, tons of hard hits whenever he did run.

But credit to him he stayed in there and almost pulled off the comeback. He's going to be super solid for the Titans.

j-wood

He got bailed out yesterday, should have had 1 INT but Desmond Bryant got flagged for hands to the face. It was a bad throw by Mariota right to OUR safety.

I'm just glad that WE were able to welcome Mariota to the NFL the proper way. 7 sacks, a fumble, tons of hard hits whenever he did run.

But credit to him he stayed in there and almost pulled off the comeback. He's going to be super solid for the Titans.

Yeah, you guys really wrecked our o-line yesterday.

Colasante

Have to feel very good about the Patriots offensive line. I'm surprised the line handled the Bills defensive line as well as they did, considering they were working with three rookies on the interior and missing two starters. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Bryan Stork and Ryan Wendell return. There might be a center controversy after David Andrews didn't allow a single pressure of Brady yesterday working against Dareus and Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom