• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

m50b1qE.png

Edit:

KZPo5xi.png

Breakdown of Dolphins:

Run Defense: Terrible
Pass Defense: Terrible
Pass Rush: Terrible
Oline: Terrible
RB: Terrible
WR: Ok
Playcalling: Terrible
QB: Great
Coaching: Terrible

Overall: Terrible

Edit: Oh and Special Teams: Terrible

Miracle

I was happy when the Packers brought Jones back but I wasn't expecting him to have such a solid opening two weeks. I greatly underestimated the Jones/Rodgers magic

This is also the best I have ever seen James Jones play.

I remember how streaky Jones used to be on his first run with the Packers. He was capable of making incredible catches but used to drop a lot of gimmes too.

Now? All of a sudden he's become probably their most consistent receiver only two weeks in back with the team. He could have had another two TD game if it wasn't for his right butt cheek.

j-wood

tumblr_nv07d3PaTz1rdx8ebo1_500.gif

Someone gets that piss water drinker out of here..

J-wood, we should of traded with Chip and got all them picks to stock on the line. Mariota gonna get killed. Happened to Locker, Metts didn't really get a chance.

I think a part of yesterday was warmack going out. They weren't great with him, but that really escalated it.

Sephzilla

I remember how streaky Jones used to be on his first run with the Packers. He was capable of making incredible catches but used to drop a lot of gimmes too.

Now? All of a sudden he's become probably their most consistent receiver only two weeks in back with the team. He could have had another two TD game if it wasn't for his right butt cheek.

Yeah, I hope Streaky James Jones doesn't come back. Rodgers is making him look like a goddamn pro bowler right now.

kmag

The only reason he's still on the team, Reese is a pathetic GM who ignored the LB position since he got the job, instead of using a high draft pick on a LB, he's constantly used 4-7th picks hoping to get lucky, most of these guys are trash.

4th Zak DeOssie Outside Linebacker
4th Bryan Kehl Outside Linebacker
5th Jonathan Goff Linebacker
no LB drafted
4th Phillip Dillard Linebacker
6th Greg Jones LB
6th Jacquian Williams LB
no LB drafted
no LB drafted
5th Devon Kennard LB
no LB drafted

Reese has go, he's living off the previous GM drafting success, only player left from EA is Manning, this current mess is all on Reese..

To be fair to Reese, he's generally hit with his first and second round picks.

Reese 2008 draft class was very good (Kenny Phillips, Terrel Thomas, Manningham), and even Goff was a decent MLB. The first 5 players in that draft class all ended up with career ending or career limiting knee injuries (6 ACL tears between Terrel Thomas, Manningham, Kehl and Goff). If that draft class had seen their second contracts it would have mitigated some of the issues with the 2009-2012 crappy drafts. Add Chad Jones and David Wilson to the list of players who got career ending injuries before really being able to contribute and it's a big reason they've got no depth.

Reese's main mistake is delegating the lower rounds to Marc Ross. Finding Giants basically stated that Reese looks at the top tier picks and Ross, Chris Mara, Coughlin and the scouts do the rest.

Greg

Yeah, I hope Streaky James Jones doesn't come back. Rodgers is making him look like a goddamn pro bowler right now.
he had issues with drops initially, but that wasn't an issue for his last 2 years in GB (or since then)

just too much depth and (cheap) talent worth developing at the position at the time

LJ11

Brady picked on the Bills LBs all day.

Moved them with his eyes all game, he was pinpoint though. Have to give credit, some of those throws were just perfect.

Have to feel very good about the Patriots offensive line. I'm surprised the line handled the Bills defensive line as well as they did, considering they were working with three rookies on the interior and missing two starters. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Bryan Stork and Ryan Wendell return. There might be a center controversy after David Andrews didn't allow a single pressure of Brady yesterday working against Dareus and Williams.

Brady got rid of the ball in a second and half, there's no DL on the planet that can be disruptive on a consistent basis when the ball is out so quick.

Miracle

He got bailed out yesterday, should have had 1 INT but Desmond Bryant got flagged for hands to the face. It was a bad throw by Mariota right to OUR safety.

I'm just glad that WE were able to welcome Mariota to the NFL the proper way. 7 sacks, a fumble, tons of hard hits whenever he did run.

But credit to him he stayed in there and almost pulled off the comeback. He's going to be super solid for the Titans.

That's true I forgot about that. Still, for what he has done as a rookie so far, it's been very impressive. Loved him in Oregon and glad to see he's still holding up.

It's also good he got that kind of "welcome to the NFL" game. It should humble him up some.

Sephzilla

The Rodgers comment was a light hearted poke at Russel, nothing more.

But lets be real though, Russel played like dogshit in the NFC Title Game so I could believe a divine power intervened there.

To be fair to Reese, he's generally hit with his first and second round picks.

Reese 2008 draft class was very good (Kenny Phillips, Terrel Thomas, Manningham), and even Goff was a decent MLB. The first 5 players in that draft class all ended up with career ending or career limiting knee injuries (6 ACL tears between Terrel Thomas, Manningham, Kehl and Goff). If that draft class had seen their second contracts it would have mitigated some of the issues with the 2009-2012 crappy drafts. Add Chad Jones and David Wilson to the list of players who got career ending injuries before really being able to contribute and it's a big reason they've got no depth.

Reese's main mistake is delegating the lower rounds to Marc Ross. Finding Giants basically stated that Reese looks at the top tier picks and Ross, Chris Mara, Coughlin and the scouts do the rest.
I'd also add that the last three drafts have been solid if not very good. All three being very much work in progress.

He's not absolved of his culpability for the state of the roster either by saying that.

The Rodgers comment was a light hearted poke at Russel, nothing more.

But lets be real though, Russel played like dogshit in the NFC Title Game so I could believe a divine power intervened there.

It was mainly a poke at the ridiculous notion that God gives a shit about the outcome of an NFL game as Russell and several other athletes have alluded too.

Pete carrols salty tears taste so delicious this morning. Is there a bigger chump in the NFL?

Trey

Moved them with his eyes all game, he was pinpoint though. Have to give credit, some of those throws were just perfect.

Brady got rid of the ball in a second and half, there's no DL on the planet that can be disruptive on a consistent basis when the ball is out so quick.

yeah Brady dropped a master class game. He did have two dumb ass fourth down plays though.

The defense backs have to feel sick. They lost almost every match up across the board.

Have to feel very good about the Patriots offensive line. I'm surprised the line handled the Bills defensive line as well as they did, considering they were working with three rookies on the interior and missing two starters. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Bryan Stork and Ryan Wendell return. There might be a center controversy after David Andrews didn't allow a single pressure of Brady yesterday working against Dareus and Williams.
YOUNG UNKNOWN PLAYERS STEP UP TO PLAY BIG ROLES FOR THE PATS

WATER IS WET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom