• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

Don't forget our secret weapon, those false starts kept the clock running, eating up time of possession haha. If Dez can limp into the second Giants game, that will help, I think we can win against falcons and saints while losing to the Pats. If our defense competes at the level they have, and a hope and a prayer we can squeak by here knowing how shitworth the east is this year. Maybe Romo comes back after the second eagles game and we push into the playoffs.

If anything this is not like 2010 where our team was shit and Dallas was already out of playoff contention, we have the players to do enough, and a defense that will only get stronger, so I'm feeling optimistic here. Only because those reasons and seeing how shit the rest of the division is, we are perhaps lucky here.
I dunno I'd rather not rush Dez back. 8 weeks put him back at the eagles game if he needs 10 that puts him back for a return with Romo against the phins. I can live with that tbh those two skins games are gonna be huge and rather him 100% for those.

Jets vs. Colts Feels Like It Should Be a Rivalry

Something to hype people up for tonight's game:

New York's 16-7 triumph in Super Bowl III was also one of the most famous and important games in the history of professional football. It was the first time an American Football League team beat a National Football League team in the Super Bowl.

The Jets have only played the Patriots, Bills, and Dolphins more frequently. This is because the Colts were a division rival for 32 seasons.

What happened since then? The teams have met in the Playoffs three times. That is the most frequent Jets Playoff opponent in that stretch. They played for the AFC Championship in 2009 and then staged a thrilling Wild Card game a year later.

Bitanator

maybe Sean Lee performed some voodoo to release his injury bug out of his body and into the teams, he changes the way this defense is, has since he came in during the 2010 season, just exceptional player and super smart. I know Romo is a tough son of a bitch, I would not expect him to be out the full 8 weeks, Dallas can rally with this defense. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone saying that

brentech

EachFlippantAlabamamapturtle.gif

Now that Dez is out is Brown the undisputed best receiver in the game?

I think that Brown is the undisputed best receiver in the game before Dez's injury, but the next closest is Julio. Things can change from year to year, but to me it's pretty clearly:

1. Brown
2. Julio

Now, best offensive weapon in the game (e.g., non-QB):

1. Brown
2. Gronk
3. Julio

But it's a crap shoot there.

I dunno if you can say that...He's playing well but there were some mistakes. Fumble handoff, He took a huge loss on that one scramble play where he tried to avoid the sack.

One thing I'd like to point out...our special teams has not been very good. Last week we had a blocked FG/fumbled punt. This week it was cut backs and not taking the touchback. Our starting position on all those drives in the first half were terrible and self imposed. This is especially concerning if you're trying to play a ball control style offense as field position is doubly important. Also, I miss Andy Lee...This new punter just doesn't have the same leg strength.

Kap played ok, not great. He got the majority of his yards in the 2nd half but the majority were still good throws in tight coverage. He should've probably had 4 TDs but those are just empty stats. Kap has pulled his weight so far in 2 games. Now we have the cards and Packers up. We will be lucky to win one of those games :(

Hindl

I am guessing he gives the guards one more game but he will have to pull the plug on them soon. You have to try something new at somepoint. You can see that Bradford isnt even looking down the field, he is more worried about the free rushers that keep coming through. I dont see how any team could be successful on offense while allowing such quick pressure up the middle. Murry was getting hit as he took the handoff most plays. Hard to run an offense like that.

Ok but if he decides to pull the plug, who do we put in there?

I would say him and Julio Jones are tied with OBJ not far behind.

OBJ has the potential but he'll need to produce for several seasons before I put him up there. But yeah top three is Julio Dez Antonio, with any given week someone else being on top

Man work sucks this week. They have me pricing cloud hosting for our web app. I actually have to be on the phone with human beings. This is NOT what I got into software to do.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Any gifs like this from the NFC championship game last year? I cant even imagine Chip's reaction if he fucked up at the goalline, or had his team choke away such a big lead.

Wasn't their fuck up against SF on the goal line last year bad enough?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
This is where they excel... Where bill struggles is using picks and trades for known players.

Agreed. Bill really struggles to find- Secondary and Wide Recievers.

Yeah - if BB uses a 1st or 2nd rd pick to get a WR or CB; you can more or less know they are a bust. Gronk wasn't a "good" pick in that he saw something no one else did; he just took a 50/50 bet that Gronk wouldn't continue to get injured. Non-injured Gronk was a top 10 player in that draft by everyone's scouting.

Front 7 / O-Line he is good at drafting. The RB thing is more a playcalling / scheme thing; notice how they don't do very well generally after they leave (with a few exceptions)

Gronk is the best at receiving the ball.

He said WRs, not freakish man-beasts

Brown was the best when Dez was in.

I had them tied - they both are just terrifying.

Watching Chalk Talk. Tunch makes a good point. 49ers focused too much on confusion. Should have focused on straight defense, especially with so many changes in personnel. Both plays he showed featured Steelers wideouts blowing by safeties trying to show a blitz look then being unable to recover in time.

Niners also underestimated Steelers speed. I think the Steelers have the overall fastest set of wideouts in the league.

ampere

Yeah - if BB uses a 1st or 2nd rd pick to get a WR or CB; you can more or less know they are a bust.

I'm still holding out hope on Dobson. He had a good game yesterday, maybe he will start to shine this year assuming he doesn't hurt his foot again.

It's definitely close. Brown is just embarrassing defenses though.

This is why Pats-GAF didn't get too miffed about Butler's coverage of Brown. Best he could do was learn from it.

ampere

I can't imagine what it would be like if Rodgers had Brown, Dez, Jones or ODB. Or Megatron.

Probably a record season like Tom Brady had when Randy Moss came to the Pats.

Nope. Because McCarthy sits Rodgers in blow-outs (something I think is smart tbh)

Kap played ok, not great. He got the majority of his yards in the 2nd half but the majority were still good throws in tight coverage. He should've probably had 4 TDs but those are just empty stats. Kap has pulled his weight so far in 2 games. Now we have the cards and Packers up. We will be lucky to win one of those games :(

That's what I mean.. He came out and executed well for the most part. If there's anything I want to commend Kap on, it's that his poise and composure are noticeably better.

Sanjuro

Haven't had much luck in the job hunt, randomly got a call from something I placed with the Gillette Group a while back.

Wonder if I need to disclose that I'm a Packers co-owner...

Watching Chalk Talk. Tunch makes a good point. 49ers focused too much on confusion. Should have focused on straight defense, especially with so many changes in personnel. Both plays he showed featured Steelers wideouts blowing by safeties trying to show a blitz look then being unable to recover in time.

Niners also underestimated Steelers speed. I think the Steelers have the overall fastest set of wideouts in the league.

It has little to do with that and almost everything to do with pressure. We hit Roofles 0 times. Don't over analyze what happened or listen to the talking heads fit in mangini trying to "confuse" roofles. Most of those big plays came due to bad angles by our players and literally no pressure. If you give any QB the clean pocket the steelers had its going to be a sad story for the D

squicken

I am guessing he gives the guards one more game but he will have to pull the plug on them soon. You have to try something new at somepoint. You can see that Bradford isnt even looking down the field, he is more worried about the free rushers that keep coming through. I dont see how any team could be successful on offense while allowing such quick pressure up the middle. Murry was getting hit as he took the handoff most plays. Hard to run an offense like that.

That's why I'm not sure the stuff about the zone read stuff might not have merit. Did Chip see Bradford take that shot from Suggs and decide he had to block that guy? Are they now a man light? I mean surely that can't be it, but the run blocking is so bad I am not against the idea that there is just some fundamental math issue at work

It has little to do with that and almost everything to do with pressure. We hit Roofles 0 times. Don't over analyze what happened or listen to the talking heads fit in mangini trying to "confuse" roofles. Most of those big plays came due to bad angles by our players and literally no pressure. If you give any QB the clean pocket the steelers had its going to be a sad story for the D

Whynotboth.gif

I can't remember the last time Ben didn't take a sack in a game. He was crocheting doilies for his future grandkids back there. Awesome.

Dolphins are about as good with personnel as Pats are. Difference is coaching. Belichick's Experimentation, route combinations, and commitment to cheating, far surpass poor Philbin.
Definitely.

I envy the way Belichick actually comes up with a CUSTOM GAME PLAN for each opponent. It's as if he realizes that not all teams have the exact same strengths and weaknesses. It's also fascinating how he is able to learn from his mistakes and stop trying things that haven't worked for 4+ years.

People thought I was crazy when Rex was jobless and I said I'd take him over Philbin. There is no doubt in my mind this team would have been better, especially if there was a decent offensive coordinator included that could keep the offense out of Rex's hands.

ampere

Haven't had much luck in the job hunt, randomly got a call from something I placed with the Gillette Group a while back.

Wonder if I need to disclose that I'm a Packers co-owner...

You have Packers season tickets? Do you just sell most of the games?

brentech

FormalYellowishDunlin.gif

This gif is basically a summation of Eagles fans progression from the preseason into the regular season.

"Oh shit man, this is going to be fucking awesome! Here we go!"
"Little out of sync that first game. No big deal, we can save this"
"Dead."

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So apparently the bills cheated! How dare they! Imagine it was the other way around ;)

Yeah - if BB uses a 1st or 2nd rd pick to get a WR or CB; you can more or less know they are a bust. Gronk wasn't a "good" pick in that he saw something no one else did; he just took a 50/50 bet that Gronk wouldn't continue to get injured. Non-injured Gronk was a top 10 player in that draft by everyone's scouting.

Front 7 / O-Line he is good at drafting. The RB thing is more a playcalling / scheme thing; notice how they don't do very well generally after they leave (with a few exceptions)

He said WRs, not freakish man-beasts

I had them tied - they both are just terrifying.

Yeah the gronk one was a flier, given the back issues. Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson (although played well this week), Taylor Price, Bethel Johnson, Brandon Tate, etc. etc. etc.

The secondary picks are a lot worse though given the value and pure volume- Merriweather, IR Dowling, Butler, McCourty(as a corner), Tavon Wilson, Harmon, Wheatley, wilhite, etc. etc. etc.

bionic77

I can't imagine what it would be like if Rodgers had Brown, Dez, Jones or ODB. Or Megatron.

Probably a record season like Tom Brady had when Randy Moss came to the Pats.
Eh Ben has a habit of making receivers into stars. He has been doing it for a long time now.

Not taking anything away from Brown, who I think is the best in the game and could succeed with maybe even a Sam Bradford type player, but remember that DHB has looked pretty good with Ben throwing him the ball in the first 2 games. Let that sink in for a minute...

FormalYellowishDunlin.gif

This gif is basically a summation of Eagles fans progression from the preseason into the regular season.

"Oh shit man, this is going to be fucking awesome! Here we go!"
"Little out of sync that first game. No big deal, we can save this"
"Dead."

That gif is perfect for the Giants, 3 quarter down every thing is great, 4th quarter FUCK ME, OH SHIT, WTF, crash and burn...

squicken

Greg Abbott @GregAbbott_TX
Bittersweet victory for @Cowboys. Win game but lose @TonyRomo. Maybe Dallas will sign @TimTebow. #NFL.

-Governor of Texas
-Doesn't even mention that Weeden is better than Mallett and Hoyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom