• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, it's really a shame that the Pats have had to deal with so much hardship.

Hey I said they were good at picking obscure players, imagine bill understood the concept of aging superstars, and how the wr position works. Never forget, Julio Jones and Jonathan Baldwin are "the same player". Ochocinco, haynesworth, adrian wilson, fred taylor, etc. It's not just the age or production, it's the price for them when nobody else thought they were worth it.

Eh Ben has a habit of making receivers into stars. He has been doing it for a long time now.

Not taking anything away from Brown, who I think is the best in the game and could succeed with maybe even a Sam Bradford type player, but remember that DHB has looked pretty good with Ben throwing him the ball in the first 2 games. Let that sink in for a minute...

What?

who was the last player Ben made to look like a star? Emmanuel Sanders was practically run out of town on a rail before exploding to fame with the Broncos.

We were a one wide receiver offense for years. It was Hines Ward and the derps.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
-Governor of Texas
-Doesn't even mention that Weeden is better than Mallett and Hoyer

who gives a shit what that crippled nutjob thinks, especially about football. I mean jesus h. Christ he actually entertained the theory that the US government was going to invade Texas.

Spinluck

The defense has been getting good pressure for both games now. I love the athleticism we have with the young guys. We are getting good push and our LBs are killing it.

The secondary is just too raw but my hope was that they could become slightly above average with some seasoning by the end of the season.

Williams has been very good so far and I hope the coaches can figure out how to keep both him and Bell involved in the offense. We don't want to overuse Bell love we did last season but it can be tough to work both backs into the offense where they both get the right amount of touches.

How did Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward look this past Sunday

Spinluck

I think that Brown is the undisputed best receiver in the game before Dez's injury, but the next closest is Julio. Things can change from year to year, but to me it's pretty clearly:

1. Brown
2. Julio

Now, best offensive weapon in the game (e.g., non-QB):

1. Brown
2. Gronk
3. Julio

But it's a crap shoot there.

Lol are you crazy Alba?

Gronk might end up being the best TE ever.

To Brown's defense, the WR position has far more competition.

So apparently the bills cheated! How dare they! Imagine it was the other way around ;)

Yeah the gronk one was a flier, given the back issues. Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson (although played well this week), Taylor Price, Bethel Johnson, Brandon Tate, etc. etc. etc.

The secondary picks are a lot worse though given the value and pure volume- Merriweather, IR Dowling, Butler, McCourty(as a corner), Tavon Wilson, Harmon, Wheatley, wilhite, etc. etc. etc.
Harmon has been pretty ok for the most part.

jbug617

Banned
CPc4CGCUsAAfFiQ.jpg

Spinluck

Eh Ben has a habit of making receivers into stars. He has been doing it for a long time now.

Not taking anything away from Brown, who I think is the best in the game and could succeed with maybe even a Sam Bradford type player, but remember that DHB has looked pretty good with Ben throwing him the ball in the first 2 games. Let that sink in for a minute...

That's because he's actually catching them lol.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wallace ran one route. He fell off the face of the Earth because every other team he was with has tried in vain to make him a complete receiver.

I mean I agree, but just from a statistical standpoint, Ben put him on the map.

I like this idea being floated of RGIII to the boys. That would be hilarious.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think that Brown is the undisputed best receiver in the game before Dez's injury, but the next closest is Julio. Things can change from year to year, but to me it's pretty clearly:

1. Brown
2. Julio

Now, best offensive weapon in the game (e.g., non-QB):

1. Brown
2. Gronk
3. Julio

But it's a crap shoot there.

I'd like to nominate Josh Gordon without the reefer as someone who could fight for a top 2/3 spot as best WR in league.

But remember I did say without the reefer which is practically impossible.

squicken

This is something else

In 2014, behind Dallas’s dominant offensive line, Murray averaged 2.8 yards before being touched by the opposing defense. That was fifth among qualified running backs. In 2015 — and this number is true — Murray is averaging -0.1 yards before contact.

I mean I agree, but just from a statistical standpoint, Ben put him on the map.

I like this idea being floated of RGIII to the boys. That would be hilarious.

See I don't see that as Ben making him. If anything Arians made him by making him focus on the one thing he was good at.

If I were Wallace I would have gone straight to the Cardinals.

Subway is terrible at picking spokesperson. You got Jared, RG3, Ryan Howard, Mark Ingram, CC Sabathia. I think Blake is the only one that's still relevant.

Spinluck

Sorry if it's been posted, but according to PFF Peyton is the worst QB of the season so far.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...-a-worse-grade-right-now-than-peyton-manning/

Also, Suh doesn't seem happy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ready-tuning-out-miami-coaches-160858200.html

The comment section lol.

Yeah, the Broncos are just getting by winning their first two games on defense, but my biggest concerns for them are:

1) Manning looks completely uncomfortable in Kubes system

2) He's playing with the worst O-line he's had since arriving in Denver

3) Running game is still a work in progress (I expect Kubes zone run shit to take off midseason)

4) If his arm is shot now, what will it look like as the season progresses

On the flip side there are positives:

1) Holy shit at that defense

2) They are still winning

3) Even with a noodle, I believe that Manning can lead them to a better season than the Colts

4) You put Brock in, they lose those games. Manning is still the best option!

That's why I'm not sure the stuff about the zone read stuff might not have merit. Did Chip see Bradford take that shot from Suggs and decide he had to block that guy? Are they now a man light? I mean surely that can't be it, but the run blocking is so bad I am not against the idea that there is just some fundamental math issue at work

I really think teams have looked at the WR's and decided that Cooper and Aghalor are not going to beat them deep enough to alter what they want to do. Atlanta ran that 4-4 front almost the entire game. Eagles had some success running crossing patterns and wheel routes but they really couldnt get anything down the field. Dallas played man across the board with a single high safety and just dared Bradford to bet them deep. He tried to take some shots but either he missed open guys badly, or they dropped passes that hit them right in the hand. He looks legit shook. You can see as the game progresses his first read is the OL. By the time he finishes looking to see if he is going to get killed he just goes with his first read, usually a dumpoff. Basically they need to string like 8 good passes together in a row to get down the field, and that is not going to work. Way to many negative plays to make that a valid strategy. Either the guards that are in their get better fast, or the start throwing guys off the street in there and hope for a miracle. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see them try and trade for a guard. It isnt even that the guards are getting beat, they are just flat whiffing on blocks, or are fucking up their assignments and blocking the same guys that are already being blocked. I really think you can scheme and doing things to cover up on bad player on the OL, I dont see how you cover up for 2 guys that cant do anything.

The comment section lol.

Yeah, the Broncos are just getting by winning their first two games on defense, but my biggest concerns for them are:

1) Manning looks completely uncomfortable in Kubes system

Elway has already given up on Peyton. Installing a brand new offense in your star QB's (likely) last year in the league? I don't care who you are, it takes time to get accustomed to a new offense. That's the one thing Manning doesn't have.

This year is just setting the table for Osweiller.

Narag

I thought it would have happened already, but on the other hand I think Watt likes not having to share the spotlight.

Could be. I was kinda surprised he didn't catch flak for mocking Cam's first down celebration but Mallett got shit on for the Superman thing. I mean, you're losing and celebrating one good play among many, many bad ones in either situation.

Right now he is playing like a good game manager. It's when the run game is being shutdown and our D is giving up points that we will see if he has progressed from that guy who has trouble seeing the field and forcing bad passes.

Do you know where we can find a said game manager that doesn't throw INT in the 4th quarter?

Spinluck

Elway has already given up on Peyton. Installing a brand new offense in your star QB's (likely) last year in the league? I don't care who you are, it takes time to get accustomed to a new offense. That's the one thing Manning doesn't have.

This year is just setting the table for Osweiller.

Wonder how often they'll allow him to run his no huddle shotgun offense... Seemed to be the only thing that gave the offense any semblance of flow last week.

Yeah, Brock is going to inherent a pretty good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom