• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I really think teams have looked at the WR's and decided that Cooper and Aghalor are not going to beat them deep enough to alter what they want to do. Atlanta ran that 4-4 front almost the entire game. Eagles had some success running crossing patterns and wheel routes but they really couldnt get anything down the field. Dallas played man across the board with a single high safety and just dared Bradford to bet them deep. He tried to take some shots but either he missed open guys badly, or they dropped passes that hit them right in the hand. He looks legit shook. You can see as the game progresses his first read is the OL. By the time he finishes looking to see if he is going to get killed he just goes with his first read, usually a dumpoff. Basically they need to string like 8 good passes together in a row to get down the field, and that is not going to work. Way to many negative plays to make that a valid strategy. Either the guards that are in their get better fast, or the start throwing guys off the street in there and hope for a miracle. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see them try and trade for a guard. It isnt even that the guards are getting beat, they are just flat whiffing on blocks, or are fucking up their assignments and blocking the same guys that are already being blocked. I really think you can scheme and doing things to cover up on bad player on the OL, I dont see how you cover up for 2 guys that cant do anything.

http://gfycat.com/AcceptableDamagedJunebug

I'm really interested to see the All 22 stuff this week. Though I'm still open to execution being the issue. Kelce seems to have had a really bad game. Still not sure how he misheard a snap in his own stadium

Spinluck

Could be. I was kinda surprised he didn't catch flak for mocking Cam's first down celebration but Mallett got shit on for the Superman thing. I mean, you're losing and celebrating one good play among many, many bad ones in either situation.

Did you see the Jags yesterday?

We are screwed!

Could be. I was kinda surprised he didn't catch flak for mocking Cam's first down celebration but Mallett got shit on for the Superman thing. I mean, you're losing and celebrating one good play among many, many bad ones in either situation.

Just more of Watt trying to turn the attention back to himself despite the team getting their asses kicked.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I can't imagine what it would be like if Rodgers had Brown, Dez, Jones or ODB. Or Megatron.

Probably a record season like Tom Brady had when Randy Moss came to the Pats.

I don't think anyone in the NFL would be ready for Rodgers getting even one HoF WR in the last 4 years to the next 4 years. Our secondary out here (Live in Seattle) got burned last night...and no one holds it against the secondary. It was just...Aaron Rodgers is currently a fire breathing dragon destroying everyone.

So apparently the bills cheated! How dare they! Imagine it was the other way around ;)

Yeah the gronk one was a flier, given the back issues. Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson (although played well this week), Taylor Price, Bethel Johnson, Brandon Tate, etc. etc. etc.

The secondary picks are a lot worse though given the value and pure volume- Merriweather, IR Dowling, Butler, McCourty(as a corner), Tavon Wilson, Harmon, Wheatley, wilhite, etc. etc. etc.

True. Any time BB wants to draft a WR or CB in the first two rounds, they should lock him in a closet.

The comment section lol.

Yeah, the Broncos are just getting by winning their first two games on defense, but my biggest concerns for them are:

1) Manning looks completely uncomfortable in Kubes system

2) He's playing with the worst O-line he's had since arriving in Denver

3) Running game is still a work in progress (I expect Kubes zone run shit to take off midseason)

4) If his arm is shot now, what will it look like as the season progresses

On the flip side there are positives:

1) Holy shit at that defense

2) They are still winning

3) Even with a noodle, I believe that Manning can lead them to a better season than the Colts

4) You put Brock in, they lose those games. Manning is still the best option!

I am thinking game 4 or 5 Manning throws out Kubiak's offense and goes back to the old offense. If they do that, they could easily be a threat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
49ers looked like a completely different team out there. Steelers might have one of if not the best Offenses in football, but that doesn't excuse the complete lack of pressure they got on the QB for a team that supposedly has a decent defense.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Just more of Watt trying to turn the attention back to himself despite the team getting their asses kicked.

doesn't matter what he does you guys are going to criticize him. But damn sure every single person in here would love to have him on your favorite team.

doesn't matter what he does you guys are going to criticize him. But damn sure every single person in here would love to have him on your favorite team.

Believe it or not I actually think him being an egomaniac is a good thing. If he wasn't he would have dialed it down as soon as he signed his new contract.

Pepiope

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 11m11 minutes ago
We have our scapegoat -- the #Eagles have released QB Stephen Morris, signed QB Thad Lewis. #comebackseason

Fuck that guy!

49ers looked like a completely different team out there. Steelers might have one of if not the best Offenses in football, but that doesn't excuse the complete lack of pressure they got on the QB for a team that supposedly has a decent defense.

Some factors going against them, Late Monday night game, Steelers had 11 days to prep, they had six days, rookie HC/New DC first road game and they see big Ben and Brown ain't much you can do about that..

It is both to a degree but the large majority was no pressure on the qb, not because of disguises

I think it started off with DB's not making a play to contest. The first few long completions, the niner DB's were in position to make a play but didn't. Once that happened, Big Ben became more comfortable with just flinging it deep which Mangini responded with more blitzing to break up that rhythm. Unfortunately, the blitzes were picked up and the Niner DB's were then just completely out of position on top of being weak at the point of catch.

RBH

1440642010726315664.jpg

Asked about his injured right ankle, Ryan Tannehill — who completed 30 of 44 passes for 359 yards and two touchdowns Sunday — answered: “It’s been better.”

The same could be said for the Dolphins’ defense, which is somehow worse with Ndamukong Suh than it was without him in 2014.

A big reason why: Suh, who for the second straight week was a nonfactor, strayed from Kevin Coyle’s script.

The Miami Herald has learned that Suh freelanced at times Sunday, creating confusion on the defense. By taking matters into his own hands, the Dolphins’ $114 million man took a bad situation and made it worse.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said, when asked to explain his uninspired play. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article35922093.html

Some factors going against them, Late Monday night game, Steelers had 11 days to prep, they had six days, rookie HC/New DC first road game and they see big Ben and Brown ain't much you can do about that..

And if it was just a 10 point loss or something fine but we got crushed by halftime so the excuse of s short week can't explain everything. We will get our revenge when we play them at home in feb!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't think anyone in the NFL would be ready for Rodgers getting even one HoF WR in the last 4 years to the next 4 years. Our secondary out here (Live in Seattle) got burned last night...and no one holds it against the secondary. It was just...Aaron Rodgers is currently a fire breathing dragon destroying everyone.

True. Any time BB wants to draft a WR or CB in the first two rounds, they should lock him in a closet.

I am thinking game 4 or 5 Manning throws out Kubiak's offense and goes back to the old offense. If they do that, they could easily be a threat.

Bill always has 1 that leaves everybody scratching their heads... I don't think he understands the concept of a reach. It's called a reach, because that guy will be there later. The only reason I see him reaching for these guys (jermaine cunningham, tavon Wilson, Jordan richards, etc.) is to stroke his ego... he does it because he can, and if it pans out it lends more credence to his genius. Meh, either way it somehow works for him.

Wow that could get ugly. Suh starting to have quite a few parallels to haynesworth.

squicken

He was one of the best looking backups in the preseason. So... maybe.

Sam Bradford was one of the best looking starters. Ryan Mallett the best looking backup.

I wonder if Brees is available. Texans could offer Clowney

e: Probably not called b/c one guy is Joe Thomas and the other is flag begging the whole play

j-wood

If you were to scour any game, you'll find a million holds that aren't called. It's not worth reading into.

Sure, and that's why i'm not blaming the loss on that play. There were plenty of other mistakes that were the Titans own.

I'm just saying on 3rd down, for a huge downfield pass that goes to give a 2 TD lead late in the 4th quarter, and a hold THAT blatant, should have been called. It's not like that was hidden in the line. That's out in the open out on the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom