• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

Yes.

Ben has taken a beating for the majority of his career and made plays anyway. Tammy throws a tantrum if someone breathes on him wrong.

Ben also doesn't cheat.

And Matt Cassel didn't replace Ben and look just as good for a season.

I'm mostly talking right now this season, not career wise. :p

Why were the Colts hyped as super bowl contenders?
Some people in the press have no idea what they're talking about. Someone from SI said the Ravens were going to the Super Bowl and as a Ravens fan I have no idea what his thought process was in coming up with that.

cdyhybrid

gy1shGJ.gif

:jnc

I could see it. Especially if Romo gets hurt yet again.

I'm mostly talking right now this season, not career wise. :p

Me too.

Tammy has all day to throw and teams refuse to cover Gronk and Edelman, even Sam Bradford could succeed in that offense.

This has to be one of the most incorrect statements I have ever read here.

He has a shitty O line and no damn defense .

That no damn defense held the Jets to 17 so far after five turnovers, so that hasn't been a problem this game. Definitely been a O line protection problem though.

Yes.

Ben has taken a beating for the majority of his career and made plays anyway. Tammy throws a tantrum if someone breathes on him wrong.

Ben also doesn't cheat.

And Matt Cassel didn't replace Ben and look just as good for a season.
You forgot the part where Cassell won 5 less games and didn't score as many points.

I genuinely don't understand how anybody could have looked at the Colts and picked them as their Super Bowl pick. Unless they just went "OMG LUCK LUCK LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Luck has advanced a round in the playoffs each year since he was drafted.

Grigson was the GM the whole time. If he could still advance under Grigson's shit regime, the Super Bowl seems like a logical conclusion.

Trey

LOL I love all the Luck excuse making (and I am a Luck fan). If Kaep had this game, it would be a referendum on how he isn't an NFL QB. Fact is that Kaep's receivers are worse (TY is massively better than either Boldin or Smith), his TEs are worse and his OL is worse. Kaep gets that sort of pressure every play without the other team bringing a blitz at all.

Confirmation bias is a fucking amazing thing.

Every one including you would agree that Luck is a much better quarterback than Kaepernick.

His defense actually played a decent game all things considered and yeah his O line sucks ass and that goal line fumble was goofy, but he played like ass for the second game in a row. On the bright side, he's too talented to play like this for many more weeks.

Miracle

If the supporting cast never gets better he might want to leave before he loses his entire prime years.

Does he actually have a choice though if he gets franchise tagged? I don't know entirely what being franchise tagged means but I thought it prevented a certain player or two from leaving while giving them max money?

MechDX

That no damn defense held the Jets to 17 so far after five turnovers, so that hasn't been a problem this game. Definitely been a O line protection problem though.

His defense actually played a decent game all things considered and yeah his O line sucks ass and that goal line fumble was goofy, but he played like ass for the second game in a row. On the bright side, he's too talented to play like this for many more weeks.

Ryan Fitzpatrick lead Jets offense.....

TheFatOne

He also made horrendous throws/decisions early. Sometimes it's better to just take a sack then do the stupid shit he has done. No sympathy when you make horrendous decisions. Favre 2.0

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Andrew Luck is Matthew Stafford with the benefit of playing in the worst division in the NFL. Its time to stop hyping this guy up as the second coming just because he pads his stats 6 times a year against CFL-quality teams like the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

Miracle

The difference is, Rodgers is also mobile. He can throw as well as Manning/Brady but isn't a statue. He's like Montana or Elway rather than Marino.

Rodgers to me is like a combination of Dan Marino and Steve Young. Accuracy of Dan Marino and mobility of Steve Young.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Watching Andre Johnson, it's clear to me Matt Schaub made him. Time to hang it up because Schoob isn't walking through the door.
I don't mean to hate so much on a guy who did so much for the Texans. But damn this Colts thing is just all so delicious. The Jags are leading the division. The... I don't know. This is weird.
What was Johnson's sentiment? "Best chance of winning a Super Bowl here?"

Syrinx

Luck has advanced a round in the playoffs each year since he was drafted.

Grigson was the GM the whole time. If he could still advance under Grigson's shit regime, the Super Bowl seems like a logical conclusion.

If they run into the Pats, they're fucked..

And I guess I just don't buy the whole "they advanced another round each year" thing. Last year they ran into the Bungles and gimped Peyton Manning. Even though the AFC is very weak I just really don't see a Super Bowl team unless Luck plays historically well this season, and that's not off to a good start.

zychi

Banned
How much could Luck get on the market? $200M guaranteed is my guess.

If Romo retires and DAL has capspace, Jerry will give him part ownership of the Cowboys lol

I'd like to see him go back to Texas, Hou or Dal would be fine to me. He's got bay-area connections too, not sure if Oak would be a choice of his tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom