• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Let Spinluck's disrespect and subsequent team karma be an example for the rest of you.

Ben is #2 right now and I don't think there's any argument.
Nah Brady and Rodgers are 1 and 1a. The rest of the list doesn't matter.
11 is 5 less than 10?

I know you're in Florida, but come on Gata.

Had Brady not been injured the Pats would have had a real shot of going 16-0 again that season. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record that season. The schedule was pretty easy.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
lol wtf

Mech, your people need you.
clearly sarcasm...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Andrew Luck is Matthew Stafford with the benefit of playing in the worst division in the NFL. Its time to stop hyping this guy up as the second coming just because he pads his stats 6 times a year against CFL-quality teams like the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

except for the fourth quarter comebacks. That's where people love him, he's a gamer when it counts...

If they run into the Pats, they're fucked..

And I guess I just don't buy the whole "they advanced another round each year" thing. Last year they ran into the Bungles and gimped Peyton Manning. Even though the AFC is very weak I just really don't see a Super Bowl team unless Luck plays historically well this season, and that's not off to a good start.

They're not making the super Bowl. Just showing you the logic.

Bowser

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 45s45 seconds ago
Jaguars in first place for the first time since Week 14 of the 2010 season. First time in 73 weeks.

Miracle

The franchise tag allows a team to keep a player from becoming an unrestricted free agent for one year. Presumably, they could tag him every single year.

I'm surprised the Player's Union aren't doing much about that (or if they ever did?). I would think they would want the player to be allowed to change teams whenever he wants when his contract expires.

Crisco

Banned
Wait, whining about Luck's supporting cast? Meanwhile Cam's #1 receiver is Ginn Jr. and Oher is protecting his blindside lol. The Luck defense force is blind crazy.

cdyhybrid

Nah Brady and Rodgers are 1 and 1a. The rest of the list doesn't matter.

Had Brady not been injured the Pats would have had a real shot of going 16-0 again that season. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record that season. The schedule was pretty easy.

Your fandom is blinding you.

We're talking about right now. Brady is physically a shell of his former self.

It doesn't matter though. Mariota is gonna be better than everyone in 2 years!

Really? What were these players thinking during the last CBA talks when they agreed to it?

If they did that he'd make like $25 million every year. Quarterbacks have it good under this current CBA.

Look around the league, every single first or even second tier QB is on the team that drafted them, with the exception of Drew Brees, and he blew up his shoulder before SD decided to let him walk.

As a Colts fan, I let Luck walk. I love the guy too much to see him stuck with this nonsense.

First Colts game since the "down" year with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky that I've turned off.

I havent liked Pagano or Pep at all. Grigson Im not thrilled with. If it takes this to clean house instead of treading water for the next few years then lets just go ahead and set the fire.

Im not a gambling man, but when the Patriots roll to town, I dont really care what the spread is... that might be an "all-time" beating. They'll have to bring in Jim Ross to start screaming "BAW GAWD, stop the damn match! They've had enough! You've proved your point, Tom Brady! You monster!"

Ryan Fitzpatrick lead Jets offense.....

Chris Ivory lead the Jets offense. And I'm a huge Luck fan and a Colts homer but come one man, Andrew played a ungodly awful game. Not Kaepernick awful, but pretty damn bad.

Edit: I'm not at all excusing Grigson or Pagano or Pep or any of the shit coaches and bad roster from this. But Luck played down to their level tonight.

Bowser

Really? What were these players thinking during the last CBA talks when they agreed to it?

The franchise tag will entitle Luck to the annual average of the top 5 highest paid QBs, which was $18.8m this past season. Then after that, he gets the higher of the top 5 average or 120% of the previous year (which would be $22.5m). And that number is only going to get higher every season.

So yeah, the players happily restrict their movement for the chance at that kind of dough.

Gigglepoo

Wait, whining about Luck's supporting cast? Meanwhile Cam's #1 receiver is Ginn Jr. and Oher is protecting his blindside lol. The Luck defense force is blind crazy.

People talk about the crap offensive line and WRs for Cam, too. That doesn't mean he's as good of a QB.

Watching Andre Johnson, it's clear to me Matt Schaub made him. Time to hang it up because Schoob isn't walking through the door.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Andrew Luck is Matthew Stafford with the benefit of playing in the worst division in the NFL. Its time to stop hyping this guy up as the second coming just because he pads his stats 6 times a year against CFL-quality teams like the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

TL7o0ht.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Your fandom is blinding you.

We're talking about right now. Brady is physically a shell of his former self.

It doesn't matter though. Mariota is gonna be better than everyone in 2 years!

a shell that just passed for 466 yards on a top tier defense, whose blind?

Josh5890

If they did that he'd make like $25 million every year. Quarterbacks have it good under this current CBA.

Look around the league, every single first or even second tier QB is on the team that drafted them, with the exception of Drew Brees, and he blew up his shoulder before SD decided to let him walk.

Don't forget Jay "Why is he still my team's starting QB" Cutler.

But yea, starting QB's trading jerseys is a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom