• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great film room video with Jason Witten going into depth about their second eagles game last year

ded4dce79d861d2483ee9e99f0f625f4a1bdd5fd.jpg

Crisco

Banned
They should have waited a week, for the home game against Tampa. Throwing him out there against a good defense on the road is not a good recipe for building confidence. He'll throw at least 2 picks, one will be returned for a TD, and get sacked 5+ times.

MechDX

With the lack of tight ends. When asked if J.J. Watt would help at tight end.
“Maybe.” then he walks out with a smile. #Texans

eznark

Banned
They should have waited a week, for the home game against Tampa. Throwing him out there against a good defense on the road is not a good recipe for building confidence. He'll throw at least 2 picks, one will be returned for a TD, and get sacked 5+ times.

Both of those clowns will start at least 5 games. May as well start the merrygoround now.

Hindl

He actually did a good job adjusting in the 2nd half. Jones only had one catch in the second half, but they should not have put Maxwell out their on an island right at the start.

But it never should've happened in the first half. One of the largest factors of our collapse last year was Fletcher being left alone on an island with elite receivers. Time and time again we saw him get burned. Even with Maxwell, we don't have the talent to run a shutdown corner scheme. And yet nothing has changed since last season. Our DBs were with the WR more, yes. But if they had safety help there could've actually been something. The first time Julio burned Maxwell Davis should've adjusted. Took too long, and the same thing is going to happen every time we play against an elite WR.

http://www.amk.cool/images/discussion/original/ded4dce79d861d2483ee9e99f0f625f4a1bdd5fd.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm honestly expecting Romo to abuse the shit out of our secondary, even without Dez. We'll stop the run, but goddamnit Bill Davis is a dumbass. I guarantee you the Pats game is gonna be the same as the Steelers, with Davis leaving Gronk with a single man defending him

MechDX

Rexy on covering Gronk: "It's better to put one guy on him than nobody on him. We'll try to have somebody on him at least."

Go Rex. Throwing Shit on the Steelers

gutshot

But it never should've happened in the first half. One of the largest factors of our collapse last year was Fletcher being left alone on an island with elite receivers. Time and time again we saw him get burned. Even with Maxwell, we don't have the talent to run a shutdown corner scheme. And yet nothing has changed since last season. Our DBs were with the WR more, yes. But if they had safety help there could've actually been something. The first time Julio burned Maxwell Davis should've adjusted. Took too long, and the same thing is going to happen every time we play against an elite WR.

Yup, it is a recurring theme with Billy Davis. We keep switching personnel and DB coaches yet this keeps happening. Clearly it is a scheme issue more than a personnel or technique issue.

squicken

Cosell was on the Eagles All 22 podcast. Said the same thing that article I posted earlier said. The Falcons gave the Eagles the 5 yard throw all game, daring them to string enough of them together to score TDs. They played either Cover 3 or man free all game. Until there are more games, you can't really conclude that is what the offense is, since they simply took what the defense gave them

The thing he said that was perplexing was the lack of the run game. Not that they didn't struggle, but that Chip gave up on it so fast

For the Falcons, it will be interesting to see if they do that all year, or if it was just for Philly. I remember in the Fail Mary game, Rodgers had to abandoned his deep to short progression and throw quick passes b/c he was getting so much pressure. The Pats
obviously used the short passing game versus SEA in the SB.
---

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2015/

Glad there are still sites that have the more "advanced" stats like Air Yards and YAC publicly available.

Cosell was on the Eagles All 22 podcast. Said the same thing that article I posted earlier said. The Falcons gave the Eagles the 5 yard throw all game, daring them to string enough of them together to score TDs. They played either Cover 3 or man free all game. Until there are more games, you can't really conclude that is what the offense is, since they simply took what the defense gave them

The thing he said that was perplexing was the lack of the run game. Not that they didn't struggle, but that Chip gave up on it so fast

For the Falcons, it will be interesting to see if they do that all year, or if it was just for Philly. I remember in the Fail Mary game, Rodgers had to abandoned his deep to short progression and throw quick passes b/c he was getting so much pressure

---

Glad there are still sites that have the more "advanced" stats like Air Yards and YAC publicly available.

When you are down by 20 - 3 going in to half time I think the appropriate thing to do is abandon the run a bit and go with passes. If the score had been closer I think he'd have gone with the run some more, but it's hard to judge it in that situation.

Ryan Mallett sparked the Texans late in the game impressing teammates now he'll start Sunday against Carol sources confirmed--Aaron Wilson Twitter

Fuck the Panthers!! Mallett is your huckleberry.

Slinging and slangin, styling and profilin.

*puts bottle down*

My liver gets a reprieve till sunday.

squicken

Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13
Pretty soon it will be Bill O'Brien that people are scrutinizing. They passed on Mack and all the QB's & and he knows QB's. Big mistakes !!

I always said that BoB would rue the day he passed on John Football

For the Falcons, it will be interesting to see if they do that all year, or if it was just for Philly. I remember in the Fail Mary game, Rodgers had to abandoned his deep to short progression and throw quick passes b/c he was getting so much pressure. The Pats
obviously used the short passing game versus SEA in the SB.
---

Falcons were in that 4-4 front most of the game and Chip said they were not going to just pound the ball into that. I will be curious to see if other teams try to play the Eagles that way, since the Eagles still put up 24 and if not for the extremely onesided officiating they could have scored much more. Bradford was also super rusty to start the game, I doubt he has many more first halfs that bad the rest of the year.

jmdajr

So realistically, what QB could the Texans have drafted without making insane trade offers.

Just Teddy? It's obviously not Johnny or Carr.

Falcons were in that 4-4 front most of the game and Chip said they were not going to just pound the ball into that. I will be curious to see if other teams try to play the Eagles that way, since the Eagles still put up 24 and if not for the extremely onesided officiating they could have scored much more. Bradford was also super rusty to start the game, I doubt he has many more first halfs that bad the rest of the year.

Officiating wasn't THAT one-sided. It was just bad all around, and maybe slightly worse for the Eagles.

Sanjuro

Sad that my bar closed. Watching the debate there is always fun. Combine that with Tammy and the Trump? Would have been amazing.

ampere

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF (nervous, but optimistic)
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

I'm not voting for anyone. They all blow.

Bernie Sanders is great imo

With Suggs out, it'll be the first game without Ray Lewis, Ed Reed or Terrell Suggs since 1998. No DPOYs on our starting defense for first time since Ray won his first in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom