• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Fuck y'all!

Let me enjoy my cofy!

oZ9KKZw.jpg

Don't listen to the haters brother.

Freemania will run wild on the NFL with the Bucs once again.

Jarnet87

Travis Kelce can't block and is jumpy, just put him out wide as a receiver. Then again Alex Smith might not throw to him then.

Bronco's D is fraud, will get exposed in the Peeoffs, they should go back no huddle offense. I smell a nice 2nd round exit for them.

bionic77

I had maximum pulp OJ. Much better than that stuff.
I get this fresh OJ from Wegmans that is the best.

But I can only drink OJ when eating something and I rarely eat breakfast on a weekday. Coffee is a magical drink that needs nothing else to complement and best of all it is a delicious drug that makes you feel alive and wakes you the fuck up.

That said OJ is definitely a stronger turbo for your colon than even coffee.

I still can't believe Reid last night. What a fat fuck. So dumb he makes me feel lucky to have Tomlin.

this_guy

Good morning everyone.

Can't believe people are defending the decision not to kneel at the end. Even had he not fumbled it's still a stupid decision. The risk/reward ratio is not worth it.

Now that we got that out of the way who wants to discuss Mallet. Do you guys think he will throw 5 touchdowns this Sunday or only 3?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Good morning everyone.

Can't believe people are defending the decision not to kneel at the end. Even had he not fumbled it's still a stupid decision. The risk/reward ratio is not worth it.

Now that we got that out of the way who wants to discuss Mallet. Do you guys think he will throw 5 touchdowns this Sunday or only 3?

hmm maybe 7

MRSA

Banned
Already mad? What happen to the happiness from yesterday? Lol
Raiders fans haven't been happy in over a decade

Chan/Ar/snesi, whoever is controlling this account you guys share, how was the hooker, blow and did you ever explain the gun?

Zychi-ari-ciao, you deserve Cutler. What's there to explain about my gun? It's my conceal carry that I am licensed to carry.

Jarnet87

Good morning everyone.

what was it 45 seconds and a timeout? I'm like 50/50 on the decision. It's a decent amount of time with one timeout, if you have confidence in your qb why not take a shot. the other half is thinking you've got checkdown scrub Alex Smith as your QB, you are lucky to be in a situation for overtime, kneel the football. With how that game played out there probably would have been a mishandled exchange on the kneel and Denver would have recovered.

bionic77

Good morning everyone.

They had enough time to take a shot and kick the FG for the win. I would have gone for it as a coach.

He instead played for OT and got fucked by butterfingers.

If he wanted to win he should have been aggressive. If he wanted to be a bitch he should have had Alex kneel.

As usual Reid went a different way and got Reid results.

this_guy

what was it 45 seconds and a timeout? I'm like 50/50 on the decision. It's a decent amount of time with one timeout, if you have confidence in your qb why not take a shot. the other half is thinking you've got checkdown scrub Alex Smith as your QB, you are lucky to be in a situation for overtime, kneel the football. With how that game played out there probably would have been a mishandled exchange on the kneel and Denver would have recovered.

They had enough time to take a shot and kick the FG for the win. I would have gone for it as a coach.
I'm not against the decision of going for it, but going for it means making passes to the sideline to stop the clock. One timeout means you probably need that timeout to set up the field goal if you make it to field goal range. Running a draw up the middle is a dumb decision in that situation.

eznark

Banned
Bulaga officially ruled out.

Had no idea there were so many cowards in NFL GAF. If you can't trust your RB to carry the football he shouldn't be on the roster.

Break a 20 yard run, call the time out. Run a play to the sidelines to try and get in FG range in Denver, so only another 25 yards or so.

Worst case he is tackled and you go to overtime. You can't coach assuming your best player is going to turn the ball over or you would never be able to do anything.

Zeke

Bulaga officially ruled out.

Had no idea there were so many cowards in NFL GAF. If you can't trust your RB to carry the football he shouldn't be on the roster.
This is true, Charles is trash. KC should trade that loser. I'll email Jerry Jones and setup a lunch meeting to work on this deal.

eznark

Banned
This true, Charles is trash. KC should trade that loser. I'll email Jerry Jones and setup a lunch meeting to work on this deal.

Good luck? Clearly Andy Reid trusts him with the ball in that situation so I doubt talks will go far.

MRSA

Banned
iOS9 is pretty great, my phone feels snappier than it did when I got it last year. Oh well, I get my new phone next week.

squicken

One of the strangest things to me about Buffalo is how Jerry Hughes is an impact player now. Polian had given up on him after one season in Indy

Zeke

Good luck? Clearly Andy Reid trusts him with the ball in that situation so I doubt talks will go far.
You just have to know how to handle a guy like Andy is all. I'll take him out for bbq lunch maybe an all you can eat buffet or two. I'm sure Jerry could buy him a diner if that's what it took.

ShaneB

JC is one of the best backs in the game, you give your best players the chance to make big plays. He could've just as quickly broke off a big run and got them to FG range.

They could've taken a knee and gone to OT, Broncos could've won the toss and marched down the field for a TD. Chiefs could've won the toss and Charles could've fumbled the ball on the very first play just the same. Nonsense to think the play call was the problem.

Tom Penny

Yall crazy. If you run charles you are conceding you think tiny hands can get you in FG range and spike the ball because you have to burn a timeout. You have to come out throwing or kneel since you can still get out of bounds unlike a run play

JC is one of the best backs in the game, you give your best players the chance to make big plays. He could've just as quickly broke off a big run and got them to FG range.

They could've taken a knee and gone to OT, Broncos could've won the toss and marched down the field for a TD. Chiefs could've won the toss and Charles could've fumbled the ball on the very first play just the same. Nonsense to think the play call was the problem.

If Charles had run 20 yards before he fumbled people wouldn't be trashing the play call so much.

LJ11

One of the strangest things to me about Buffalo is how Jerry Hughes is an impact player now. Polian had given up on him after one season in Indy

Hughes is great. First year under Pettine he was one of the most productive pass rushers in the league. Pettine was smart about how he used Hughes, put Jerry in good situations, got him on the field in pass rushing situations, didn't ask him to more than he could. Slowly he got better and better, he's stronger than most realize, and he's at point where he can play the run. That was heist of trade, LB who couldn't play MLB for a guy who had a ton of upside if he ever got on the field in good situation. Grigson made that trade if memory serves.

Zeke

Eh I'd take my chances in OT with noodle arm Peyton. KC defense played really well last night I'd trust them to make a stop and get the offense on the field.

LJ11

Another thing with the Bills is how good their DTs are, they can really run some games up front, Kyle Williams is older now but man what a player. I really wish we could clone him, no clue what this team will do without him in the middle. That's why I've been beating the drum on taking a DT early in the draft, one injury away from losing a really dynamic part of the D. Our secondary is quite good too, well Robey and Gilmore are very good in my eyes, Graham is good too but he's out of position. A guy to keep an eye out for is Mario Butler, cut a million times but he had a hell of game last week, good preseason and camp as well. Wish we had Safeties, that's a weakness. Hughes was just a good fit with everything we had around him. Really gave the guy an opportunity to do well.

Trey

Hughes is great. First year under Pettine he was one of the most productive pass rushers in the league. Pettine was smart about how he used Hughes, put Jerry in good situations, got him on the field in pass rushing situations, didn't ask him to more than he could. Slowly he got better and better, he's stronger than most realize, and he's at point where he can play the run. That was heist of trade, LB who couldn't play MLB for a guy who had a ton of upside if he ever got on the field in good situation. Grigson made that trade if memory serves.

Also helps to be playing alongside Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams. Most QBs didn't have the option of stepping up in to the pocket to avoid Hughes.

I like the guy too. Needs to stop taking so many dumb penalties, but the guy doesn't quit once the ball is snapped.

Fox318

just imagine how good that defense would be with Kiko.

Instead of trading for an overpaid RB.

eznark

Banned
Yall crazy. If you run charles you are conceding you think tiny hands can get you in FG range and spike the ball because you have to burn a timeout. You have to come out throwing or kneel since you can still get out of bounds unlike a run play

Sidelines exist too. Also, if he doesn't do it he doesn't do it. You have a 0% chance to win on a kneel down. Reid at least gave them some chance.

this_guy

Sidelines exist too. Also, if he doesn't do it he doesn't do it. You have a 0% chance to win on a kneel down. Reid at least gave them some chance.

False. You goto overtime and the chances of winning in overtime are greater than letting Charles run 1 single draw play.

eznark

Banned
False. You goto overtime and the chances of winning in overtime are greater than letting Charles run 1 single draw play.

citation needed

This assumes that somehow giving Jamaal Charles the football is a net negative towards the Chiefs win probability, which is pretty god damned ludicrous.

Tom Penny

He ran a draw up the middle not a sweep meaning auto timeout then relying on Smith. If you take 2 shot for say 20 yards you still have a timeout and can kneel after 2 incomplete attemps because denver had no timeouts. I just dont agree with running on 1st if the intent was to try and win.

this_guy

citation needed

This assumes that somehow giving Jamaal Charles the football is a net negative towards the Chiefs win probability, which is pretty god damned ludicrous.

Actually, you should cite a situation where a team has 30+ seconds and 1 timeout in a tie game where they run a draw at their 20 and win the game.

In overtime anything can happen. I bet the home team wins more games in overtime than a draw play at their own 20 with 30 seconds to go. The reason you don't do it is because of precisely what happened - you give the other team a chance to win it, which as far as I see it is a net negative.

eznark

Banned
He ran a draw up the middle not a sweep meaning auto timeout then relying on Smith. If you take 2 shot for say 20 yards you still have a timeout and can kneel after 2 incomplete attemps because denver had no timeouts. I just dont agree with running on 1st if the intent was to try and win.

I'm saying you can pass to the sidelines. Here is the thought process (it happens exactly like this probably once a week at halfime):

- Passing attack realistically can't throw us into FG range and we have no wide outs so we either kneel or run
- Run play, if he breaks it we'll call the TO and think about getting aggressive
- Give the ball to our best player, hope they are in some sort of prevent and that Charles can gain 20 in 10 seconds. If he does call the time out, if he doosn't go to the locker room.

There is no downside. You can't coach assuming a fumble. It was a "safe" attempt at winning the game because he knows Alex Smith cannot march down the field in 30 seconds.

this_guy said:
Actually, you should cite a situation where a team has 30+ seconds and 1 timeout in a tie game where they run a draw at their 20 and win the game.
You stated your opinion as a mathematical fact, was I incorrect in assuming you had data to rely on?

If I look up Chiefs WPA numbers I'm confident that any additional touch Charles has results in a positive impact on KC's Win Probability.

James Jones on his time with the Giants:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-with-giants-prepared-me-for-packers-return/

“I was on my couch for a minute, and then I was able to go to the Giants, where the playbook is almost identical because Ben McAdoo was with the Packers for so long, and he took that offense over there,” Jones said, via TheMMQB.com. “I was able to polish off all the rust, play in some games and able to get in football shape. So when I came here, it was all second nature. There were a couple new plays that Aaron had put in and a couple new signals, but we talked about that and were able to get on the same page with that.”

Jones did well with the Giants during the preseason, but said he realized the team was set with Odell Beckham, Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle as their top three wideouts and told coach Tom Coughlin that he wanted “to go somewhere and play and be a part of an offense” rather than possibly winding up inactive at points in the season. The Giants obliged, although Cruz’s injury and Preston Parker’s drops in the opener may have some wondering if they could have found a role for Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom