• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Actually yeah the length of the bet should go all season now and he should be forced to post every day or have the system auto post as him with fatty Stafford jokes.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Did Kelly do any talent evaluation at Oregon or was he just the scheme guy? Because his ability to evaluate talent at the professional level seems like complete dog shit.

is it talent evaluation or arrogance of confidence in his system? "I can just plug anyone here and get results, because of the system." That's really what it seems like he did this offseason.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lets go jets!

eagles have looked horrendous this year, im just glad they didnt make the switch to sanchez just yet because seeing sanchez beat the jets is not something i want to watch.

eznark

Banned
is it talent evaluation or arrogance of confidence in his system? "I can just plug anyone here and get results, because of the system." That's really what it seems like he did this offseason.

Combination of both I imagine. I mean, obviously he doesn't think he can do it with anyone or he wouldn't have given up picks for Bradford.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I get John Deere ads when ez post.

With the hashtag #GoGator on them as well.

Maybe ez is gatas real father.

LJ11

Did Kelly do any talent evaluation at Oregon or was he just the scheme guy? Because his ability to evaluate talent at the professional level seems like complete dog shit.

I'm sure he had his hand in the pot to get guys to commit, but the coordinators and positional coaches are the ones who really go after these kids. There's some good stuff out there about the Saban tree and how they recruit.

Tebow you're in denial. Or extremely salty. Whatever, you'll learn soon enough. Or maybe you won't since apparently 11 wins with primarily using backup QBs isn't very impressive. More than you got with your shit starting QB ;)

I tell you this every year and you never learn so bookmark this post: cards ain't doing shit this year

How is his talent evaluation bad? The guys he brought in on D are much better then what was here when he took over the team. Everyone on Earth would say that Murray, Mathews, and Sproles is better then Shady, Foles sucked and Bradford seems like he will suck so that is a wash. The only position that he got rid of talent and didnt replace it was WR, but you guys always so WRs dont matter so that shouldnt be a knock against him. You have been against him from day fucking one so you are looking for anything to confirm your bias.

It has hit me fellas. We're gonna extend Stafford for at least 21mil a year. It's going to happen in a couple years. Inevitable, just watch.

eznark

Banned
How is his talent evaluation bad? The guys he brought in on D are much better then what was here when he took over the team. Everyone on Earth would say that Murray, Mathews, and Sproles is better then Shady, Foles sucked and Bradford seems like he will suck so that is a wash. The only position that he got rid of talent and didnt replace it was WR, but you guys always so WRs dont matter so that shouldnt be a knock against him. You have been against him from day fucking one so you are looking for anything to confirm your bias.

Did the offensive line magically appear out of nowhere, gifted on his doorstep by the Turnstile Gods?

Confirm my bias? I'm feeling pretty, pretty good about "being against him" all along right about now.

jmdajr

Brady has found his Halloween costume.

920x920.jpg

Did the offensive line magically appear out of nowhere, gifted on his doorstep by the Turnstile Gods?

Again, last year they had injuries on the OL and these guys filled in okay. It was very reasonable to think that they could do it again this year as the starters. The guys they dumped, Herrimans and Mathis are both struggling as well. I would think you of all people would be infavor of dumping the older highly paid declining players and getting younger guys in there. Obviously it has been a total disaster so far but I dont think you can blame Chip for that.

eznark

Banned
Again, last year they had injuries on the OL and these guys filled in okay. It was very reasonable to think that they could do it again this year as the starters. The guys they dumped, Herrimans and Mathis are both struggling as well. I would think you of all people would be infavor of dumping the older highly paid declining players and getting younger guys in there. Obviously it has been a total disaster so far but I dont think you can blame Chip for that.

Why? He is making all the decisions. This is his team.

I'm surprised someone did an avatar bet between Lions and Vikings. I hope the Lions are this bad in week 5 ;)

I tell you this every year and you never learn so bookmark this post: cards ain't doing shit this year
Define doing shit. Making the playoffs in last year's NFC with backups is definitely doing shit. Regardless, the only reason you were right last year is that Palmer got injured and that would apply to every single team in the NFL if their starting QB went out. You can't back up anything you say with him on the field. Palmer stays healthy, we're doing shit. Take it to the bank. Now if you want to bet he doesn't hold up for the whole season, that's another thing and in this sport, all it takes is one play but allowing zero sacks the first two weeks is a good way to start to keep him healthy.

Why? He is making all the decisions. This is his team.

What choice did he have? Keep the old guys who are doing terrible with their new teams this year, or trust the backups who played well last year when forced to start. Teams were not lining up to just give the Eagles starting caliber guards.

Witten has a sprained knee and 2 sprained ankles

Can the Falcons beat the mighty offense of Brandon Weeden, Terrance Williams, and Joseph Randle

Doomsayer

I'm surprised someone did an avatar bet between Lions and Vikings. I hope the Lions are this bad in week 5 ;)

Define doing shit. Making the playoffs in last year's NFC with backups is definitely doing shit. Regardless, the only reason you were right last year is that Palmer got injured and that would apply to every single team in the NFL if their starting QB went out. You can't back up anything you say with him on the field. Palmer stays healthy, we're doing shit. Take it to the bank. Now if you want to bet he doesn't hold up for the whole season, that's another thing and in this sport, all it takes is one play but allowing zero sacks the first two weeks is a good way to start to keep him healthy.

Doing shit, at least in my eyes, is winning the Super Bowl. The Niners just came off of 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance with nothing to show for it. So by definition, we didn't do shit.

Also, injuries are a poor excuse. Every team has injuries, maybe not as severe as QB (though some teams Patriots, Steelers, 49erssometimes have backups come in and play well), but look at when the Giants and Packers won their most recent titles. They were the most injured teams in the league, IIRC.

What choice did he have? Keep the old guys who are doing terrible with their new teams this year, or trust the backups who played well last year when forced to start. Teams were not lining up to just give the Eagles starting caliber guards.

He could have tried the draft or free agency for OL.

Though honestly I don't think he could have predicted Jason Kelce shitting the bed entirely, and I think he deserves a huge chunk of the blame.

eznark

Banned
What choice did he have?

How about instead of spending god knows how much time wheeling and dealing for a worse QB and running backs he won't use he spend the time to try and get some linemen? Or have some foresight over the last couple seasons and realize that players age and will need to be replaced.

I get that it's your team but there is a significant dearth of talent at a number of positions in Philadelphia, with offensive line being the most important. That's on the GM. If it's not on the GM who is it on? Jesus? Welp bad luck better luck next year?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Betting he could have gotten 3 or 4 starting guards for the first round pick he gave to the Rams.

Though honestly I don't think he could have predicted Jason Kelce shitting the bed entirely, and I think he deserves a huge chunk of the blame.

Maclin took the same money the Eagles offered to play closer to home and with Andy, you had to replace him in the draft. So that leaves the 2nd round down to grab a starting OL. How many OL drafted from the Eagles 2nd round pick down are starting right now? Is there even any reason to believe that a rookie OL would be an improvement at this point? The OL wasnt anywhere near this bad last year even with all the injuries. Give the other coaches credit, teams have had a whole offseason to scheme and they have come up with a good scheme to stop the Eagles offense so far. Hopefully the coaches can come up with something that works going forward.

squicken

Yeah I would say not even drafting a guard the past two years is a big gaffe. He wasn't winning with Foles or Sanchez and gambled on Bradford. He still has Sanchez, and it's not like the division is out of hand

They are in for it this week with Bowles. That guy blitzed the Rams shit guards to oblivion with his A gap blitzes in AZ. The weakness was always TE down the seam. Having Revis will let him keep his safeties closer to the middle of the field

In Kelly's defense, Jason Peters, even in decline, should be a very competent tackle. Lane Johnson is one of the best RTs in the game, and Kelce is a two time all pro center. I don't think it was a colossal error in judgment to think that having two journeyman guards in between three very competent offensive lineman was going to be a dumpster fire. I don't think any GM could have forseen that. I expect Peters to not be the #1 left tackle in football anymore, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the top 10 or 15 for a year or two.

The extra $5m cap hit he took to bring in Bradford directly cost them Mathis. Smurtsz

Mathis and Herremans both have worse grades than Barbre and Gardner as far as I recall.

eznark

Banned
Are we going to really pretend that Mathis wouldn't be playing better in a system he is familiar with?

Maclin took the same money the Eagles offered to play closer to home and with Andy, you had to replace him in the draft. So that leaves the 2nd round down to grab a starting OL. How many OL drafted from the Eagles 2nd round pick down are starting right now? Is there even any reason to believe that a rookie OL would be an improvement at this point? The OL wasnt anywhere near this bad last year even with all the injuries. Give the other coaches credit, teams have had a whole offseason to scheme and they have come up with a good scheme to stop the Eagles offense so far. Hopefully the coaches can come up with something that works going forward.

Ted Thompson laughs at the notion of "having" to draft a wide out in the first round.

Have to draft a wide receiver in the first round.....sheesh

Betting he could have gotten 3 or 4 starting guards for the first round pick he gave to the Rams.

They didnt give up a first round pick, they used it on Agahlor.

In addition to Foles, the Rams will also get Philadelphia's fourth-round pick in 2015 and second-round pick in 2016. The Eagles will get St. Louis' fifth-round pick in 2015 in addition to Bradford.

The Eagles can also pick up a conditional pick in 2016 based on how many snaps Bradford takes. If Bradford plays less than 50 percent the Eagles will get a 4th-round pick, if he does not play at all it becomes a 3rd-rounder. If Bradford plays more than 50 percent of snaps the Eagles will not receive any additional compensation.

eznark

Banned
In Kelly's defense, Jason Peters, even in decline, should be a very competent tackle. Lane Johnson is one of the best RTs in the game, and Kelce is a two time all pro center. I don't think it was a colossal error in judgment to think that having two journeyman guards in between three very competent offensive lineman was going to be a dumpster fire. I don't think any GM could have forseen that. I expect Peters to not be the #1 left tackle in football anymore, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the top 10 or 15 for a year or two.

Mathis and Herremans both have worse grades than Barbre and Gardner as far as I recall.

So we are defending Kelly because there is no way he could see the Peters decline coming but praising him for seeing the Mathis decline coming.

This is getting confusing.

Doing shit, at least in my eyes, is winning the Super Bowl. The Niners just came off of 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance with nothing to show for it. So by definition, we didn't do shit.

Also, injuries are a poor excuse. Every team has injuries, maybe not as severe as QB (though some teams Patriots, Steelers, 49erssometimes have backups come in and play well), but look at when the Giants and Packers won their most recent titles. They were the most injured teams in the league, IIRC.

Cowboys don't have Romo until at least Nov 22, Lions don't have a healthy Stafford for at least 2 weeks depending on severity, Bears don't have a healthy Cutler for at least 2 weeks. Their seasons aren't automatically over because of it (Lions and Bears basically are over but for much more reasons than just the QB injury), Cards weren't done just because of Palmer's injury and they won't be when he gets hurt this year, but they still won't do shit

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Are we going to really pretend that Mathis wouldn't be playing better in a system he is familiar with?

Ted Thompson laughs at the notion of "having" to draft a wide out in the first round.

Have to draft a wide receiver in the first round.....sheesh

the magic of having an elite QB. Rodgers would make me look like the new wes welker.

You could sort of say the same about Barbre though. He was injured all last season. Obviously he's nowhere near Mathis level of talent, but he also hasn't had a ton of time with that group either.

Frankly though, I think they should bring Malcolm Bunche off the practice squad and replace Barbre or Gardner with him. He looked far better than both of them in the preseason, and even as a rookie he couldn't make many more mistakes than are being made right now. He's also got 20lbs on both existing guards.

So we are defending Kelly because there is no way he could see the Peters decline coming but praising him for seeing the Mathis decline coming.

This is getting confusing.

Where did I say anything about Mathis cut being a good idea, or even that the reason Chip cut him is because he was in decline? Frankly, I didn't think Mathis WOULD decline. He still may not.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I don't think anyone would say that murray runs well out of the shotgun.

Top Bottom