• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

I don't think anyone would say that murray runs well out of the shotgun.

They ran out of shotgun on 1/4 of their runs Sunday. No runs are going to work when linebackers are beating your OL to the damn line. Although I think it was Bradford tripping that cost them two of those runs.

Hindl

How about instead of spending god knows how much time wheeling and dealing for a worse QB and running backs he won't use he spend the time to try and get some linemen? Or have some foresight over the last couple seasons and realize that players age and will need to be replaced.

I get that it's your team but there is a significant dearth of talent at a number of positions in Philadelphia, with offensive line being the most important. That's on the GM. If it's not on the GM who is it on? Jesus? Welp bad luck better luck next year?

This was the main issue everyone was thinking all offseason. Preseason got everyone hyped up, but all offseason people were talking about the O Line and if it would hold up. Of course, no one was expecting Kelce and Peters to just shit the bed, but we knew that we had to address the O line and we didn't. Releasing Mathis with no replacement is the biggest gaffe Kelly has committed.

Although I can't quite judge the talent yet without an O line. Because without that everything falls apart. The run game can't open up, so I can't say Murray/Matthews are busts because they're getting hit as soon as they hand off. And Bradford doesn't have time to do any reads, so he gets screwed. And then the 3 and outs tire our defense out, who I will say played notably improved while Romo was in. Our WR is young, so I can't judge them yet, but they haven't done any favors with all of these drops, especially Matthews. Bradford is probably a loss, and I'll take the lumps for believing him in preseason. But without an O Line, I can't actually tell how good or shit this team actually is. Maybe if we see some flashes this season, and Kelly spends the first couple picks on O Line, we can get a better idea next season.

This Eagles team may be shit all around, but I can't be sure of that until we actually field an O line instead of a JV squad

I think the bigger issue is everyone knowing what your offense is going to do before the ball is snapped. You had Dallas players on the sideline shouting out the eagles plays.

That's a big issue too. This season will be good for Kelly, because it'll show if he can actually be an NFL coach. He has a nice system, but has always been stubborn about deviating from it. Teams are figuring his shit out, and it's time to see if he can adapt and change. This is probably the first real test for that, since he remolded this team in his image and it's been a disaster so far. If he can change, he'll stick around. If he sticks with his playbook, he'll be driven out of Philly

bionic77

Brady has found his Halloween costume.

920x920.jpg
My glasses are a little dirty but how do we know that isn't Brady?

Zeke

They ran out of shotgun on 1/4 of their runs Sunday. No runs are going to work when linebackers are beating your OL to the damn line. Although I think it was Bradford tripping that cost them two of those runs.
I think the bigger issue is everyone knowing what your offense is going to do before the ball is snapped. You had Dallas players on the sideline shouting out the eagles plays.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Stole their playbook like the pats?

Reading offenses/defenses happens in every game. I don't put a ton of stock into that being the issue. It's always been a known factor that the Eagles offense is simple and doesn't disguise what it does. If you look at the plays where Murray got stuffed it's almost always because of a missed assignment or an offensive lineman getting completely beat, not always because there was an unaccounted for defender because they read the offense.

The bigger problem is the Chip has done nothing to compensate for the fact that the offensive line was garbage.

Bowser

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will star in a 20-episode "docu-series" on NIckelodeon beginning in 2016, the network announced Tuesday.

According to Nickelodeon's release, each episode of "I Wanna Be …" will follow the two-time Pro Bowl QB "as he takes real kids on the ride of their lives to help make their dreams come true" as they're mentored by experts and supported by Newton in endeavors such as decorating award-winning cakes and landing a spot on a Broadway stage.

“Time in the spotlight has made me realize the importance of creating positive messages to inspire the next generation. I’m very passionate about mentoring young people, and this show will be the perfect opportunity to help talented kids get the chance to pursue their dreams," Newton said in the release.

The series, from the same company that produces "Project Greenlight" and "Top Chef," will be filmed during the NFL offseason.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...ckelodeon-series-kids-panthers-quarterback-qb

thatsmyqb.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't know about a number but I think it's safe to say that the Colts are underperforming more than any other team in the league based on what talent they have. That includes the Ravens, Giants, and Seahawks who are all sucking pretty hard in terms of winning football games.

I've said this in a Giants forum earlier today and I'll say it here now, outside of Eli, OBJ, Prince, and DRC, the Giants are completely devoid of any kind of talent and are a team full of replacement level players. I am sick of giving the front office a pass.

squicken

According to Nickelodeon's release, each episode of "I Wanna Be …" will follow the two-time Pro Bowl QB "as he takes real kids on the ride of their lives to help make their dreams come true" as they're mentored by experts and supported by Newton in endeavors such as decorating award-winning cakes and landing a spot on a Broadway stage.

Seems a little reckless on Nickelodeon's part

Doing shit, at least in my eyes, is winning the Super Bowl. The Niners just came off of 3 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance with nothing to show for it. So by definition, we didn't do shit.

Also, injuries are a poor excuse. Every team has injuries, maybe not as severe as QB (though some teams Patriots, Steelers, 49erssometimes have backups come in and play well), but look at when the Giants and Packers won their most recent titles. They were the most injured teams in the league, IIRC.

If he's talking strictly the Super Bowl, I won't care about his comment because it's laughable to try and predict it in Week 2. I'm sure everyone would have done their little 'guarantee' that the Ravens wouldn't go all the way when they did too. Every single team has a tiny chance of going all the way but a few teams have a slightly larger percentage than the others. To begin the season, you figure the Chickens, Patriots and Packers have the highest percentage, they are the favorites. I've never claimed we are favorites, we aren't, but we are contenders with Palmer healthy. That's where others will disagree because they don't pay much attention to the Cardinals or what we've accomplished since Arians and Keim took over and that's fine. It's up to the team to convince doubters.

Complete bullshit on the injury point. A starting QB going out for the year is the best excuse in existence for Football. Any other position and I agree with you, next man up and good teams have depth. Less than half the league even has a competent QB let alone a good one. Good luck having your backup step in and win the rest of the way. It's happened very very few times in history and no time recently.

I'm surprised someone did an avatar bet between Lions and Vikings. I hope the Lions are this bad in week 5 ;)

Define doing shit. Making the playoffs in last year's NFC with backups is definitely doing shit. Regardless, the only reason you were right last year is that Palmer got injured and that would apply to every single team in the NFL if their starting QB went out. You can't back up anything you say with him on the field. Palmer stays healthy, we're doing shit. Take it to the bank. Now if you want to bet he doesn't hold up for the whole season, that's another thing and in this sport, all it takes is one play but allowing zero sacks the first two weeks is a good way to start to keep him healthy.

Make whatever excuse you want now or at the end of the year. When this season is over no one will remember the 2015 cardinals, I guarantee it!

Make whatever excuse you want now or at the end of the year. When this season is over no one will remember the 2015 cardinals, I guarantee it!

I'm still waiting to hear what they have to do for you to consider them a legit team. They don't have to go to the conference finals to get more respect than what you're showing right now. You act as though we aren't a playoff contender which is laughable after what we've shown the last two years and how we're performing thus far.

squicken

e:

omgzloldyshv.gif

I've said this in a Giants forum earlier today and I'll say it here now, outside of Eli, OBJ, Prince, and DRC, the Giants are completely devoid of any kind of talent and are a team full of replacement level players. I am sick of giving the front office a pass.

I noticed on Twitter that PK was defending Reese from Giants fans, and I really couldn't see how Reese would get a good grade over the past few offseasons, unless he gets a pass b/c of the injuries

I'm still waiting to hear what they have to do for you to consider them a legit team. They don't have to go to the conference finals to get more respect than what you're showing right now. You act as though we aren't a playoff contender which is laughable after what we've shown the last two years and how we're performing thus far.

A lot of teams are playoff contenders. When was the last time you won a playoff game? Have you won one this decade? Let's start with that

Cardinals with a healthy Palmer are the only scary team in the NFC.
Palmer is so overlooked because of his injury history but people forget the track his career was on before the Steelers wrecked him. If he stays healthy and keeps playing at his current level that team's ceiling is a SB win.

Gigglepoo

They'll be remembered as the team that won the West when the Seahawks stumbled. And the envy of every Colts fan who desperately wish Arians had kept coaching their team.

How is his talent evaluation bad? The guys he brought in on D are much better then what was here when he took over the team. Everyone on Earth would say that Murray, Mathews, and Sproles is better then Shady, Foles sucked and Bradford seems like he will suck so that is a wash. The only position that he got rid of talent and didnt replace it was WR, but you guys always so WRs dont matter so that shouldnt be a knock against him. You have been against him from day fucking one so you are looking for anything to confirm your bias.

Murray is not better than Shady in your scheme. You guys downgraded at RB. Foles > Bradford, another downgrade. Maclin > Matthews.

Top Bottom