• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
E6Coymd.gif

In this clip, we see Shazier defeat the blocker meant for him and the blocker meant for Timmons before Timmons even takes a step. Also props to big Dan McCullers for owning the right guard.

squicken

Help me feel better Eagles fan. :(

Don't read the All 22 piece from Duffy or Cosell

Duffy:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Offense/efeff3be-a35d-43be-9427-67f0529ee140
The Eagles ran the ball 16 times yesterday with their running backs. Murray had 14 carries (with one coming back because of a penalty), and both Mathews and Darren Sproles had a carry each. Of those 16 touches, the running back was hit at or before the line of scrimmage 11 times. The result? Just one run of more than 3 yards on the entire day. It doesn’t matter how you draw it up on the whiteboard or how many wrinkles you add to your scheme, if you can’t execute your blocks up front you’re not going to be able to move the ball on the ground.

Chip Kelly tried numerous ways to get things going with the run game against Dallas. Whether it was the formation (25 percent of those 16 running plays came with the quarterback under center), the run scheme (Inside Zone, Outside Zone or Sweep), the placement of the running back (they ran both to and away from the the side where the running back lined up pre-snap) or the run strength (they also ran to and away from the tight end), the Eagles had tough sledding against the Cowboys. They tried to mix up their tendencies and tried to add wrinkles to what has worked in the past, but as Kelly said in his Monday press conference, it goes back to basic fundamentals.

Chris Browns' tweet got a lot of run, but they were not predictable b/c of formation. Lots of good video there

Cosell:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...what-ails-the-eagles--offense--025024320.html
It's also worth noting that because the Cowboys were able to lock down the Eagles in man coverage, it allowed Dallas to always have an extra defender against the run. In Week 1, the Falcons played single high safety on every snap, predominantly in a zone coverage. That defense essentially put eight in the box. So teams are focusing more on stopping the Eagles' run than the pass. And that has led to issues with Kelly's run game.

One issue feeds into another. The Eagles' receivers aren't getting open. Bradford isn't processing coverages well. If teams can cover Philadelphia's receivers man-to-man, an extra defender can concentrate on stopping the run. Then the offensive line has struggled, and it doesn't help that Murray isn't comfortable yet in a new scheme.

Bitanator

Cowboys needed to put him on there regardless if he would return earlier which I think he could have, we need roster spots. Hold on to your butts Dallas fans, 7 games with Weeden are upon us

Spinluck

Spin, you know your team is playing the Titans right? Our O line is worse than yours.

You will see. Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure Pagano doesn't give a fuck and clearly wants out. Don't think a team with a coach who has succumbed to that mindset will look good at all. Even if they're a bad coach to begin with.

We made Fitz look decent, and there's no word on if any of our 3 starting Corners will make it back in time. Mariota can very well emulate his week 1 performance.

Spin plz you forgot our punter.

He didn't mention Special Teams friend

After watching some more of the Green Bay/Seattle game, I still believe the Hawks trade for Jimmy was an idiotic, reactionary move by Schneider.

He's a square peg they're trying to jam into a round hole, the trade made their poor OL even worse and its causing Wussle to constantly scramble and he is rarely, if ever, looking down the field when he does so (I love the irony of how much worse he is at doing this than Kap so far this season).

Jimmy was clear as day more than a handful of times Sunday night but Wussle is simply incapable of finding him.

To be fair to Schneider it's not his fault their high paid QB can't find open receivers.

Well, I guess technically that is too.

E6Coymd.gif

In this clip, we see Shazier defeat the blocker meant for him and the blocker meant for Timmons before Timmons even takes a step. Also props to big Dan McCullers for owning the right guard.

I think Timmons is still suffering from turf toe. He's seemed pretty slow to react these past two games.

E6Coymd.gif

Lol that is god awful blocking vs. A great defensive play. We have the worst RT/RG/C combo in the league.

Fuck u Anthony davis

Steelers gaf, how excited are you in getting back Bell this week. I'm stoked to use him in my fantasy leagues

Excited...but it may take him a little time to get back in the groove, especially on the road against a good defense. I'm just thrilled that they have a real guy to spell him now so they don't have to run him into the ground.

Don't read the All 22 piece from Duffy or Cosell

Duffy:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Offense/efeff3be-a35d-43be-9427-67f0529ee140

Chris Browns' tweet got a lot of run, but they were not predictable b/c of formation. Lots of good video there

Cosell:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...what-ails-the-eagles--offense--025024320.html

Not sure what that last part about Murry not being comfortable has to do with anything. Guy is getting hit as soon as he touches the ball, hard to be comfortable in situations like that. If they cant figure out the middle of the OL then they have no chance. Guys are coming through clean most plays and just causing havoc. I wonder if we will see Dennis Kelley get some snaps this week against the Jets. I am not even sure who has been worse between Barbere and Gardner, they are both getting blown up most plays. I wonder if any teams have serviceable guards stashed xon their practice squads that the Eagles could sign. Shit looks so grim right now. Defense is going to take a big step back this week, no Kiko and no Cedric Thorton. That Jets defense is going to destroy this offense.

eznark

Banned
so you think Grigson has been doing a good job then? All the problems are on Pagano?

Absolutely not but at least he seems do know his role. That doesn't excuse his incompetence but also the "bad" moves seem like they had to be Irsay moves, only because youd fire a guy for the Richardson trade unless it was your idea.

Excited...but it may take him a little time to get back in the groove, especially on the road against a good defense. I'm just thrilled that they have a real guy to spell him now so they don't have to run him into the ground.

Yeah. The real advantage comes later in the season. Bell gets to rest a bit. Blount blowing up when he did really fucked our playoff chances.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers gaf, how excited are you in getting back Bell this week. I'm stoked to use him in my fantasy leagues

More excited to get Martavis back in two more weeks. I love Bell, but DeAngelo is second in the league in rushing yardage and first in touchdowns. Definite upgrade in the passing attack. DHB has been pretty good in place of Bryant, for that matter. Too many weapons.

I think Timmons is still suffering from turf toe. He's seemed pretty slow to react these past two games.

I might go back and watch some of the game again and focus on Timmons. Pretty much invisible these first two game.

Lol that is god awful blocking vs. A great defensive play. We have the worst RT/RG/C combo in the league.

Fuck u Anthony davis

This Vine is for you.

Cowboys needed to put him on there regardless if he would return earlier which I think he could have, we need roster spots. Hold on to your butts Dallas fans, 7 games with Weeden are upon us

If Weeden plays all 7 games then that bodes well actually. If he Weeden's it up for 2-3 games then I see whichever qb we sign this week getting a shot.

Bitanator

5-2 in that stretch

book it

I was looking at 3-3 if Romo would have been able to come back at the Bucs game. 3-4 would make us 5-4 which is still really healthy with our defense healthy hopefully and Dez/Romo back for the long end. But this is if the stars align, fans have to put their hope in Weeden and their hope that this defense stays healthy and hungry. I said yesterday that in 2010 we had a nice rally while knowing we were done for the year, but this year our team is good with the chance to be great with all our pieces, and we are in a shit division this year.

Too much shit needs to happen in 8 weeks to keep us in the hunt for Division Champs again, I feel we can do it.

Colasante

It's pretty nuts to me that the Patriots lead the league in sacks with 11, and the mighty Dolphins defensive line only has 1. While a few of the Patriots' sacks on Sunday were due to Tyrod Taylor holding the ball too long, I feel like they haven't even scratched the surface of their pass rush potential without Dominique Easley or Trey Flowers.

Top Bottom