• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jesus fucking christ you cant be serious. Look at the talent that Foles had around him and the system he was in, and next look at what Bradford had to work with. One guy was drafted first overall and one guy went in the third round. Do you really think that every single GM in the NFL is a stone moron and passed on Foles twice out of incompetence? Nick Foles is garbage, Sam Bradford might be garbage but it was worth a shot to see if a better system might help him play better. Eagles traded a 2nd round pick to get a guy that might have some up side. Out of all the moves Chip made this one is the least questionable. No team was just going to give them a a great QB out of the kindness of their hearts.

Russell Wilson went in the 3rd round in that same very draft...

I agree Foles is garbage just don't think the argument that every team passed on a guy being the reason he sucks.

Bread

Banned
Jesus fucking christ you cant be serious. Look at the talent that Foles had around him and the system he was in, and next look at what Bradford had to work with. One guy was drafted first overall and one guy went in the third round. Do you really think that every single GM in the NFL is a stone moron and passed on Foles twice out of incompetence? Nick Foles is garbage, Sam Bradford might be garbage but it was worth a shot to see if a better system might help him play better. Eagles traded a 2nd round pick to get a guy that might have some up side. Out of all the moves Chip made this one is the least questionable. No team was just going to give them a a great QB out of the kindness of their hearts.
yes there are no records of good qbs going late in the draft

Zeke

Dude was kept out for like two plays last game. Witten is a fucking warrior.
Witten has been my favorite player since he came in. My only jersey is a throw back Witten jersey. He just does everything so well be catching or blocking. The only knock people can take at him is he's slow. It doesn't matter tho because he still finds ways to get open or make clutch grabs. He's everything you want in a TE. I feel bad that we had to use him as an extra blocker for a few seasons. His stats would look a lot different if not for that. I'll probably get jumped on for saying this but there really isn't another TE playing right now that I would take over him. Not gronk, not Graham, not gates no one.

There's a reason every sane Rams fan reacted with either "Thank fuck for that" or "Wait, we tricked them into giving us HOW MUCH?" when the details of the trade were announced.

eznark

Banned
Welli, I actually asked my buddy Paul (sometimes I post his articles here) to do a study for me on defensive cost efficiency. During Sunday nights game Colinsworth said the Packers defense stinks because they pay Rodgers. He is going to write an article looking into that and determine who does the most with their defensive dollars. Sort of related to your question. But he is on paternity leave so it might be a bit.

zychi

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking. Cardinals deserve some respect, Arians is probably the best coach in the league (maybe second behind he who shall not be named) and the roster has a lot of talent and depth. Their success hinges on Palmer's health, I think.

Yup! I went to the game Sunday just to see what a real football team looks like. If Carson stays healthy and they manage to get Ellington back, they're a contender. They were last year until Palmer got hurt too

eznark

Banned
Squall, if you don't know how much I respect Bruce Arians and how much I love Carson Palmer by now, I don't know what to tell you!

brentech

Welli, I actually asked my buddy Paul (sometimes I post his articles here) to do a study for me on defensive cost efficiency. During Sunday nights game Colinsworth said the Packers defense stinks because they pay Rodgers. He is going to write an article looking into that and determine who does the most with their defensive dollars. Sort of related to your question. But he is on paternity leave so it might be a bit.

Please post this when it happens. That sounds amazing.

The only SB contenders are the Pats, Broncos and Green Bay.

chuckle.gif

No way Peyton noodle arms his way into sb :jnc
He's done it before. It's not Manning that concerns me (despite my hard attitude towards his play of late would suggest) as much as that OL. An old man like him can't take that kind of punishment.

Miracle

Jesus fucking christ you cant be serious. Look at the talent that Foles had around him and the system he was in, and next look at what Bradford had to work with. One guy was drafted first overall and one guy went in the third round. Do you really think that every single GM in the NFL is a stone moron and passed on Foles twice out of incompetence?

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, and the 49ers picked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.

Not that I disagree with everything else you said but hell yes teams can mess up on picks due to incompetence.

Just see some of the funny reactions from some Jets draft picks in the past. :p

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Definitely interested in reading that as well.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking. Cardinals deserve some respect, Arians is probably the best coach in the league (maybe second behind he who shall not be named) and the roster has a lot of talent and depth. Their success hinges on Palmer's health, I think.
Indeed it does. There's no point in worrying about it or complaining about that fact either because every single other talented team is in the same boat. No starting QB? No chance.
Win a playoff game and I'll give you some props

Kap :(

Fuck our Oline is so horrible
Right, you need to win a playoff game before you're considered a tough match up in the regular season. After back to back double digit win seasons. It's ok brah, you can continue to say we aren't that good after we beat your team's ass and I'll just be glowing from a 3-0 start.
Squall, if you don't know how much I respect Bruce Arians and how much I love Carson Palmer by now, I don't know what to tell you!
I knew you liked Arians but didn't think you respected Palmer (in this system at least). My apologies!
Wait, so we get to play Jimmy Clausen and Dan Orlovsky at home?

God is a Seahawks fan.
Someone had to throw the sorry chickens a bone ;) I'd be disappointed we made that game easier for you by knocking Cutler out but we both know you'd crush them regardless.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thank you, Act. I knew I wasn't crazy. I thought he made the bet. Put it on Kas.

I had honestly forgotten and thought BannedEpisode was bullshitting when he said we had made an avatar bet. I had just remembered the one I made with Slo. Either way I'll way Vikings related avatars till the Super Bowl ends.

You only need to wear it for a month as agreed. That give you plenty of leeway to lose to Slo too.

I apologize Banned.

I had honestly forgotten and thought BannedEpisode was bullshitting when he said we had made an avatar bet. I had just remembered the one I made with Slo. Either way I'll way Vikings related avatars till the Super Bowl ends.

I apologize Banned.

Its all good, but really just 30 days from today.

Hunter S.

You think Denver's d can keep the pats under wraps? As it stands right now only way anyone in the afc is getting into the sb is going thro Tammy and her trump hat.

Usually whatever the popular vote on GAF to be in the Super Bowl never happens. You jokesters already forget the Ravens won it all not too long ago? There is a long ways to go this season without Romo and Dez.

Indeed it does. There's no point in worrying about it or complaining about that fact either because every single other talented team is in the same boat. No starting QB? No chance.

Right, you need to win a playoff game before you're considered a tough match up in the regular season. After back to back double digit win seasons. It's ok brah, you can continue to say we aren't that good after we beat your team's ass and I'll just be glowing from a 3-0 start.

I knew you liked Arians but didn't think you respected Palmer (in this system at least). My apologies!

Someone had to throw the sorry chickens a bone ;) I'd be disappointed we made that game easier for you by knocking Cutler out but we both know you'd crush them regardless.

I said no one will remember you after this season. You think double digit wins means shit? You're a poor man's bengals. The only reason you've won *A* playoff game this century is because you lucked out Kurt Warner found some magic.

Again I say: talk to me at the end of the season! Going to be another sad story for the cards!

Spinluck

Usually whatever the popular vote on GAF to be in the Super Bowl never happens. You jokesters already forget the Ravens won it all not too long ago? There is a long ways to go this season without Romo and Dez.

Who will step up and be the next playoff Flacco?

Tom Penny

You think Denver's d can keep the pats under wraps? As it stands right now only way anyone in the afc is getting into the sb is going thro Tammy and her trump hat.
I think if Pats get homefied again they will be in the SB again. They always have trouble in Denver. I will say the Pats dont usually come out on fire so that really bodes well for a dominate 2nd half team. Regardless as i always say. After Thanksgiving the season starts.

Top Bottom