• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

_woLf

Hey there's that Pete Carroll signature third quarter boneheaded timeout that will cost us towards the end of the game!!!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bears or Tampa Bay are the worst constructed teams in the NFL.

Miami and Indy only play like that, they're actually good teams with awful coaches.

I'm dense here or your language isn't super clear. Are you saying Tannehill is better than Smith? Because they're both trash, but Smith is more consistent and rarely tanks his team like Tannehill. The latter can certainly accomplish more offensively when he's on, but he's never on.

It's like saying you prefer a fart to a turd. They both stink.

I'm saying Tannehill was boosted to possible great QB based on an Alex Smith impression in 2014. 14 of his 27 TDs had an average distance of 4.5 yards.

1 year of being a solid and unspectacular QB like Alex Smith doesn't mean you will be good. It doesn't even mean you are Alex Smith who has a track record for some years now.

RBH

mAvVowW.png

Spinluck

You've got the pieces friend, it's pretty much coaching.

We definitely have some pieces on offense outside of a good interior line (well more like everyone on our line but our LT), and then on defense we have zero pass rush, even when blitzing. I agree though... a better coach would have more of a handle on this team and how to use these players. Outside of the coaching, and X's and O's, we've played like shit so you're right about that.

squicken

Competing for the worst team in the league for sure

However, 10 of Seattle's points are directly attributable to special teams. It's not like Seattle is lighting Chicago up or anything.

It just seemed like it was as likely Chicago would give away points on offense as they were to score them

Man it just seems like a low point for the NFL in a long time. We've been building to this for awhile. Probably going to need another rule change to help QBs.

My back of the napkin idea: for defenders inside the tackle box, only defenders in a 3 or 4 point stance can rush the passer. Help the bad QBs handle the blitz

Is there any way to frame it where keeping Kap over Smith makes sense? 49ers goofed.
Are you saying after the Super Bowl?

If the 49ers used the cap space and picks to trade for talent. Instead they drafted some bad or hurt prospects.

They played the wild card of going with Kap but then tried to have him play under center while the big move was Anquan Boldin.

I wonder how high a draft pick Kaepernick would of gotten in the 2013 Draft if he was put on the market and not Smith.

Top Bottom