• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
On the plus side of the Lions season when the debate whether Ebron is a TE or WR really doesn't matter anymore because he's catching and receiving passes as consistently as anyone on our team with the most TDs

Eric Ebron's development is real. He made what looked like some huge gains in the offseason, but that was met with a healthy dose of skepticism among fans and some media given how much of a disappointment he was as a rookie. But through two games, he's been the lone constant on that dreadful offense. He led the Lions in receiving in Week 1, and has touchdown catches in both games, including a 12-yarder against Minnesota. He's the only player to score multiple TDs for the Lions this season, and his nine catches for 96 yards are just behind Calvin Johnson (12/122) and Golden Tate (10/104) for the team lead. Aside from the third-down drop against San Diego, he's been virtually perfect

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/3_things_we_learned_about_the_31.html

If we lose on Monday or/when Stafford gets hurt we have some positives to look at when it comes to Eric Ebron, Ameer Abdullah, the interior of the offensive line.

But holy shit I couldn't have predicted how bad our tackle play really is and how much it would've destroyed our season.

Same with the play from the line backing core. Tulloch is flabby and sick and the defense is missing its leader in DeAndre Levy.

I thought we could hold the fort without him for a few weeks but we're really missing him.

Time to start looking at the draft boards.

Fox318

JPP is so sad with posting workout videos.

Giants needed a public excuse not to sign him and when he blew up his finger they got one.

I said no one will remember you after this season. You think double digit wins means shit? You're a poor man's bengals. The only reason you've won *A* playoff game this century is because you lucked out Kurt Warner found some magic.

Again I say: talk to me at the end of the season! Going to be another sad story for the cards!

Oh I wasn't referring to that comment, I'm speaking to your comment of the Niners versus the Cards and stating we aren't a very good team either. To act like we aren't good is straight up delusional and double digit wins in what was a very tough division is very much an indicator of being a good team. This is a new season but we have played well the first two weeks and have addressed weaknesses of the last year as I mentioned so every reason to expect we'll be good. We aren't discussing being a contender in this portion of the conversation. That talk can ensue later in the season when we actually know where teams are at.

Indeed, our franchise has a terrible history and we weren't relevant until Warner and then dropped back into obscurity until Arians and Palmer arrived. Who gives a shit? What does that have to do with this team? Does a single person here outside of a Panthers homer think we wouldn't have beaten the Panthers last year with Palmer? This team is good enough to win playoff games but it's ultimately an empty comment until we actually do it. Don't worry, we'll get that playoff win.

Oh I'll talk to you each week after another Cardnals win, brah! This is the year of the Cardinal, biiiiiiiiitch! Seriously though, are you saying the Cards will have a bad season if Palmer stays healthy throughout? I want it in print you think we're bad with a healthy Palmer.

Zeke

Usually whatever the popular vote on GAF to be in the Super Bowl never happens. You jokesters already forget the Ravens won it all not too long ago? There is a long ways to go this season without Romo and Dez.
They will be back by thanksgiving and we are already 2-0 in the division with some winnable games coming up. Not too panicked yet.

Oh I wasn't referring to that comment, I'm speaking to your comment of the Niners versus the Cards and stating we aren't a very good team either. To act like we aren't good is straight up delusional and double digit wins in what was a very tough division is very much an indicator of being a good team. This is a new season but we have played well the first two weeks and have addressed weaknesses of the last year as I mentioned so every reason to expect we'll be good. We aren't discussing being a contender in this portion of the conversation. That talk can ensue later in the season when we actually know where teams are at.

Indeed, our franchise has a terrible history and we weren't relevant until Warner and then dropped back into obscurity until Arians and Palmer arrived. Who gives a shit? What does that have to do with this team? Does a single person here outside of a Panthers homer think we wouldn't have beaten the Panthers last year with Palmer? This team is good enough to win playoff games but it's ultimately an empty comment until we actually do it. Don't worry, we'll get that playoff win.

Oh I'll talk to you each week after another Cardnals win, brah! This is the year of the Cardinal, biiiiiiiiitch! Seriously though, are you saying the Cards will have a bad season if Palmer stays healthy throughout? I want it in print you think we're bad with a healthy Palmer.

I don't think the cards are a great team. If we beat them this week it's no big deal to me and if we lose its no big deal. If we beat the packers next week that is an impressive win to me.

Cards aren't a junk team but you're acting like they're elite after beating the bears and saints....lol. but you get this way every year when they start off hot and then predictably do very little by seasons end. But I'll let you enjoy your usual early season cards drank brah!

Hunter S.

It's pretty amazing how optimism and hope can go down the drain when your QB is hurt. Stafford is not out for the season but by the sound of his injuries I'm amazed he's even going through walkthroughs at today's practice.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/column_matthew_stafford_hurtin.html

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/21/nfl-week-2-seattle-seahawks-monday-morning-quarterback

No word yet on his ribs but Stafford stays quiet about his injuries.

The interior of the line is fine it's at the tackle positions we're getting killed. Today backup RT Cornellius Lucas blamed "communication" which is probably code for coaching staff. Stafford throwing the ball over 50 times, while hurt, and still being the leading rusher after all our RBs combined is reminiscent of our 2012 season.

At this point I'm pretty close to being in favor of shutting Stafford down for the rest of the season. 1.) So he doesn't get a career threatening injury. 2.) So Lions fans actually see how bad we are without him.

See what happens when Dan Orlowsky throws the ball 50 times.

I had hope of beating the Broncos after our 0-2 start at home but after reading about how hurt Stafford is I doubt he makes it through the first half.

Not looking good for Stafford man, the Broncos Pass Rush has been insanely kickass so far. One play it is DeMarcus, then Miller, next some other big badass. I was expecting a tough game, but who knows now.

The king beyond the wall

I think I saw a documentary about your kingdom recently

People+Under+the+Stairs+cover.jpg

Tom Penny

He is turning into some kind of hybrid of Konka and Tarbis....I pray for the Greek people who encounter him.
Most of the people here aren't even from greece. The Vacationers are from all over Europe or Asia. No joke the Chinese ones are rude assholes. The just push you out of the way in any line or if you are trying to take a pic. The fat women here are legit 75% less.

Welli, I actually asked my buddy Paul (sometimes I post his articles here) to do a study for me on defensive cost efficiency. During Sunday nights game Colinsworth said the Packers defense stinks because they pay Rodgers. He is going to write an article looking into that and determine who does the most with their defensive dollars. Sort of related to your question. But he is on paternity leave so it might be a bit.

I would love to read this article.

Zeke

Whoa I wonder if cassel will play or if he's just insurance for Weeden. I imagine you have to give him a shot if you're trading for him.

I don't think the cards are a great team. If we beat them this week it's no big deal to me and if we lose its no big deal. If we beat the packers next week that is an impressive win to me.

Cards aren't a junk team but you're acting like they're elite after beating the bears and saints....lol. but you get this way every year when they start off hot and then predictably do very little by seasons end. But I'll let you enjoy your usual early season cards drank brah!

If you beat any team you should be impressed. Niners are trash ;)

It's like you ignored 80 percent of what I said. The Saints and Bears wins weren't even included in my primary argument of why we're good. They add to Carson's win streak, now 8-0 (longest in league) and they give the Cards a 2-0 start to the season which is a big deal as any win in the NFL matters when you need 11 to make the playoffs in recent years in this conference but all my crowing doesn't come from those two games. Furthermore, we're still red hot with Palmer, our season dropped because his health did not because we were frauds. HUGE difference.

So tell me, how far do you see us getting if Palmer stays healthy? I'm very curious because you made it sound like we would miss the playoffs. Is this the case? Let's put your prognosis to the test.

Whoa I wonder if cassel will play or if he's just insurance for Weeden. I imagine you have to give him a shot if you're trading for him.

If it's for a conditional low round pick...not really. Weeden knows the playbook, etc.

@AlbertBreer: The Matt Cassel trade is predicated on a swap of late 2017 picks between the Bills and Cowboys, I'm told.

zychi

Banned
I think he comes in late if weeden sucks, and becomes the starter nexr week unless weeden scores like 40 pts

minx

Brags about a TE scoring two Garbage time TDs and that he has scored the most on the team (like that's a good thing). Can't make this shit up. Let's look at the draft board where we passed on Aaron Donald!

minx

ESPNStatsInfo: Highest % chance to have the No. 1 pick in the 2016 draft according to FPI:

Bears (22%)
Raiders (15%)
Bucs (13%)
Browns (11%)
Jags (7%)

Also interesting PFF stats on how bad Cutler Olines have been compared to Rodgers

Since Cutler became a Bear in 2009, Chicago’s offensive line pass-block grades were as follows:

2009: -26.8
2010: -108.7
2011: -60.0
2012: -41.2
2013: -45.8
2014: -33.4
Total: -315.9

Compare those numbers to what his main divisional rival, Aaron Rodgers, has experienced (+93.7 PFF pass block grade) during the same time-frame, and you can see how short-handed Cutler has been from the get-go.

Top Bottom