• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Lol. I love Murray's intensity.

No match for Lee though.

GentlePracticalIndigowingedparrot.gif

Much easier to act tough when you're on a team full of betas like the Eagles.

Grexeno

WAS @ NYG

CIN @ BAL
OAK @ CLE
NO @ CAR
ATL @ DAL
TB @ HOU
IND @ TEN
JAC @ NE
SD @ MIN
PHI @ NYJ
PIT @ STL

SF @ ARI
BUF @ MIA
CHI @ SEA

DEN @ DET

KC @ GB

Bracing myself for the inevitable Steelers loss.

If you beat any team you should be impressed. Niners are trash ;)

It's like you ignored 80 percent of what I said. The Saints and Bears wins weren't even included in my primary argument of why we're good. They add to Carson's win streak, now 8-0 (longest in league) and they give the Cards a 2-0 start to the season which is a big deal as any win in the NFL matters when you need 11 to make the playoffs in recent years in this conference but all my crowing doesn't come from those two games. Furthermore, we're still red hot with Palmer, our season dropped because his health did not because we were frauds. HUGE difference.

So tell me, how far do you see us getting if Palmer stays healthy? I'm very curious because you made it sound like we would miss the playoffs. Is this the case? Let's put your prognosis to the test.

oh ok, so the past matters when you want it to matter? who cares what palmer did last season? he is on a hot streak and if you want to cash that check 2 games into the season i won't stop you. but i've heard this story from you before many times, and it always ends badly for you. it will end badly again but like i said earlier go with what you want to go with!

as for your season, i have no idea what you would finish. have the cardinals proven anything? no. they've won games against 2 poor opponents. i get that you can only play who is on your schedule, but unlike you i'm not ready to put them in the superbowl or playoffs. i always hear stupid shit from analysts like 'IF THE CARDINALS KEEP THIS UP, THEY R A PLAYOFF CONTENDER/SUPERBOWL TEAM!" you mean if they keep putting up 40+ points per game and allowing under that they are a contender? YOU DONT FUCKING SAY!?

anyways, enjoy your usual early season fireworks. like my boy cedric always said, if the only way out was just a straight ahead admission of guilt then you wouldn't be sitting in the dark, sharpening every excuse!

oh ok, so the past matters when you want it to matter? who cares what palmer did last season? he is on a hot streak and if you want to cash that check 2 games into the season i won't stop you. but i've heard this story from you before many times, and it always ends badly for you. it will end badly again but like i said earlier go with what you want to go with!

as for your season, i have no idea what you would finish. have the cardinals proven anything? no. they've won games against 2 poor opponents. i get that you can only play who is on your schedule, but unlike you i'm not ready to put them in the superbowl or playoffs. i always hear stupid shit from analysts like 'IF THE CARDINALS KEEP THIS UP, THEY R A PLAYOFF CONTENDER/SUPERBOWL TEAM!" you mean if they keep putting up 40+ points per game and allowing under that they are a contender? YOU DONT FUCKING SAY!?

anyways, enjoy your usual early season fireworks. like my boy cedric always said, if the only way out was just a straight ahead admission of guilt then you wouldn't be sitting in the dark, sharpening every excuse!
No, it matters when you have the same personnel and a season or two removed with the same personnel is a good barometer. Only time I'll make fun of bringing up past wins is when it was a completely different team. Niners championships have fuck all to do with this year's team but this year's Cards have the same core and more importantly, QB of the last two years I referred to. Not only has he won the last 8 in a row, but he's won the last 15 of 17 starts. Dude is legit in this system whether you are willing to admit it or not. Not to mention that win list includes SEA in SEA when no one had beaten them there for a few years.

There is not a single instance of me talking about Palmer taking us far and then he stayed healthy for the season. I was optimistic the first year but last year is when I was really crowing how good we'd be. I'll give you my optimism when we were 4-0 with Kolb too but again, starting QB injured. We can all laugh about Kolb but with this defense he beat the Patriots in Foxborough.Palmer only played 6 games last year, there has never been an instance of me talking about how good we'll be without our starting QB going down so your statement is irrelevant. It has zero bearing to this season if Palmer stays healthy and the fact we still won 11 games with backups most of the way shows our team is legit and not simply 'ok'.

Your problem is you keep acting as though the team myself and any analysts talk about is the team that's on the field all season. When our starting QB plays, we're pretty fucking good. It's plain stupid to say we fizzle out and don't meet the expectations when our starting QB goes down. It's completely and utterly different than a team starting hot and then starts playing like shit.

There is not a single team in the NFL you can say will guarantee make it to the playoffs before the season is played or even a couple weeks in. All it takes is Rodgers or Brady going out for the season to kill their aspirations. We still discuss who we think will make it anyway so there's something to talk about during the week. What we have to work with is how the team performed last year with a little weighting by how they've done this year. We made the playoffs last year and had 11 wins without our starting QB, nothing has negatively impacted our situation in the off season so pretty damn likely we make it again. Guaranteed? No, nothing is guaranteed in the Any Given Sunday league. I'm going to discuss how good I think my team is right now and that happens to be good enough to make the playoffs. Not a single time have I suggested beating the Saints or Bears in and of themselves shows legitimacy. Us playing well bodes well but you know what it really tells us? 2-0 is a good start towards making the playoffs. We beat the teams we were supposed to. Onto the next one.

No, it matters when you have the same personnel and a season or two removed with the same personnel is a good barometer. Only time I'll make fun of bringing up past wins is when it was a completely different team. Niners championships have fuck all to do with this year's team but this year's Cards have the same core and more importantly, QB of the last two years I referred to. Not only has he won the last 8 in a row, but he's won the last 15 of 17 starts. Dude is legit in this system whether you are willing to admit it or not. Not to mention that win list includes SEA in SEA when no one had beaten them there for a few years.

There is not a single instance of me talking about Palmer taking us far and then he stayed healthy for the season. I was optimistic the first year but last year is when I was really crowing how good we'd be. I'll give you my optimism when we were 4-0 with Kolb too but again, starting QB injured. We can all laugh about Kolb but with this defense he beat the Patriots in Foxborough.Palmer only played 6 games last year, there has never been an instance of me talking about how good we'll be without our starting QB going down so your statement is irrelevant. It has zero bearing to this season if Palmer stays healthy and the fact we still won 11 games with backups most of the way shows our team is legit and not simply 'ok'.

Your problem is you keep acting as though the team myself and any analysts talk about is the team that's on the field all season. When our starting QB plays, we're pretty fucking good. It's plain stupid to say we fizzle out and don't meet the expectations when our starting QB goes down. It's completely and utterly different than a team starting hot and then starts playing like shit.

There is not a single team in the NFL you can say will guarantee make it to the playoffs before the season is played or even a couple weeks in. All it takes is Rodgers or Brady going out for the season to kill their aspirations. We still discuss who we think will make it anyway so there's something to talk about during the week. What we have to work with is how the team performed last year with a little weighting by how they've done this year. We made the playoffs last year and had 11 wins without our starting QB, nothing has negatively impacted our situation in the off season so pretty damn likely we make it again. Guaranteed? No, nothing is guaranteed in the Any Given Sunday league. I'm going to discuss how good I think my team is right now and that happens to be good enough to make the playoffs. Not a single time have I suggested beating the Saints or Bears in and of themselves shows legitimacy. Us playing well bodes well but you know what it really tells us? 2-0 is a good start towards making the playoffs. We beat the teams we were supposed to. Onto the next one.

you're really going to bring this game up? the one where palmer did everything he could to lose that game (didn't he throw 4 or 5 picks)? i'm not scared of carson palmer. lets just see how the season goes and see who is right at the end of the year bruh

Spinluck

Damn Squall, at least win the division first lol.

Grantland said:
The Colts have allowed Luck to be hit at an astronomically high rate for years. Per Football Outsiders, Luck was knocked down 328 times by opposing defenders between his 2012 debut and the end of 2014. The second-most-hit quarterback, Matt Ryan, was knocked to the deck 260 times during that span. The difference between the number of times Luck has been hit and the average hit frequency of every other NFL quarterback amounts to 68 hits, roughly a full regular season and a few playoff games’ worth of knockdowns for your typical NFL quarterback.

Let your QB die brehs.

Castanzo is our best O-linemen and he was drafted by Polian. Shows how much of a joke Grigson is. "Our QB is so good he doesn't need an O-line, more receivers for you!"

Luck to become David Carr by year 5.

you're really going to bring this game up? the one where palmer did everything he could to lose that game (didn't he throw 4 or 5 picks)? i'm not scared of carson palmer. lets just see how the season goes and see who is right at the end of the year bruh
Haha both QBs played like shit or rather, the Defenses were amazing but Palmer made the clutch throw to win the game where no one had in a few years. Also, two of the picks were tips and not really on him. Regardless, We'll see at the end of the year! Again, IF Palmer doesn't go out for the season which god willing will not happen two fucking years in a row!
Damn Squall, at least win the division first lol.

Hey now, there's still a wildcard if the chickens win it!

Doomsayer

Haha both QBs played like shit or rather, the Defenses were amazing but Palmer made the clutch throw to win the game where no one had in a few years. Also, two of the picks were tips and not really on him. Regardless, We'll see at the end of the year! Again, IF Palmer doesn't go out for the season which god willing will not happen two fucking years in a row!

Hey now, there's still a wildcard if the chickens win it!

Palmer was not good in 2012. Something like 24/22 TD:INT ratio? Cutler-esque.

Last year he started off great 11/3, I think. So far this year he is on the right path, too. I can see the Cards winning 10/11 games this year, but I think their ceiling is the NFC Divisional Game. I may be wrong, but the defense doesn't seem to be as good this year? Any big personnel changes?

I assume you guys discussed the demise of vike bike already. Pretty crazy he was getting 1500 a game but lost his job because he thought be could get 20k a game lol

bionic77

That was the most exciting moment of the game.

I think it was right after his horrible INT in the endzone. One of the receivers who was wide open was also flipping his shit after that throw.

Bradford might actually lose a team to Mark Sanchez.

Top Bottom