• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Golden-Corral-Restaurants-Salute-Americas-Heroes-with-14th-Annual-Free-Dinner-on-Military-Appreciation-Monday.jpg
Dead

Stafford has been playing hurt with a depleted offensive line and all around shitty playcalling. He's not at fault. He made a few questionable throws but all QBs make those.

That sounds like Aaron Rodgers' s career.

But there is something missing.

eznark

Banned
Stafford is 27 years old and is signed through 2017. He's not going anywhere fortunately. I know everyone likes to pile on him but QBs like him don't grow on trees. Plenty of fans wrote off Tony Romo at around the same age and Carson Palmer as well.

These things may unfortunately take time and play spoiler so the Vikings don't make the playoffs.

Time to start looking at mock drafts.

At least your comps also don't win championships. This is the most realistic post you've made.

Fantomex

Stafford is 27 years old and is signed through 2017. He's not going anywhere fortunately. I know everyone likes to pile on him but QBs like him don't grow on trees. Plenty of fans wrote off Tony Romo at around the same age and Carson Palmer as well.

These things may unfortunately take time and play spoiler so the Vikings don't make the playoffs.

Do you want wins, or a Super Bowl? Because Palmer and Romo have no Super Bowls.

LionPride

Banned
Woah, where do you see 7 wins?

@ Seattle
Arizona
Chicago
Vikings
@ Chiefs
@ Packers
Raiders
Eagles
Packers
@Rams
@ Saints
49ers
@ Bears

I see 4 where they will probably be favored, and all teams have stinkers so they'll probably sneak one more. 5 seems to be the ceiling,.
Chicago (maybe)
Vikings (unlikely, but it could happen)
Raiders (Pls)
Eagles (If the offense repeats today's performence then L)
Rams (...)
Saints (Yes)

That's 7 games I could see them winning

Seriously, the Lions can't move Stafford. Unless they go 0-16 and Andrew Luck falls into their lap, it's a bad move. They do need to stop trying to build around him, though. Go forward with a plan to run the ball and play defense. Stop throwing the ball 50 times a game with a second rate passer.

Please don't call the best QB in the league a second rate passer.

#ThingsKasSays

bionic77

Not really, Rodgers doesn't make questionable throws.
Thats only because he has no balls (questionable if he ever did and positively sure that he doesn't now that he attached himself to the soul sucker that is Munn).

To be Flacco and Eli great you have to take chances and dare to be great! You can't just pad your stats against has beens like Troy Polamalu and the Bears!

Spinluck

Stafford more tools than Batman on that offense. He should be slaying defenses with those guys. When are you gonna pin any of this on Stafford? Or is it Calvin Johnson's fault that he's a hall of fame talent, 6'5" freak athlete, that was the best at his position before the influx of absurdly talented WRs in the league?

Doorman

If you want to compare your quarterback to others who have never won a Super Bowl, be my guest, but if I take somebody with the first overall pick I'm setting my sights higher than that for what they're capable of.

You are right, though, Stafford isn't going anywhere. Mayhew's been married to him since our first 10-6 year and he'll be here at least through the end of next season. Which means after this year's failure and next year's meh-job, Caldwell's reign in Detroit will end in remarkably the same fashion as Schwartz's, and hopefully by then Mayhew, Lewand and Stafford can go out the door with him. Then we bring in a new GM, draft a new "franchise" QB, and wait until his third year before we can realistically judge his career either.

Restore the Roar 2019.

LionPride

Banned
I used to really like Stafford. Like he was one of my favorite QBs when I got into football.

That sound effect symbolizes my feelings for this game and this team as of now

WedgeX

Banned
If you want to compare your quarterback to others who have never won a Super Bowl, be my guest, but if I take somebody with the first overall pick I'm setting my sights higher than that for what they're capable of.

You are right, though, Stafford isn't going anywhere. Mayhew's been married to him since our first 10-6 year and he'll be here at least through the end of next season. Which means after this year's failure and next year's meh-job, Caldwell's reign in Detroit will end in remarkably the same fashion as Schwartz's, and hopefully by then Mayhew, Lewand and Stafford can go out the door with him. Then we bring in a new GM, draft a new "franchise" QB, and wait until his third year before we can realistically judge his career either.

Restore the Roar 2019.

At least I'll always have the Wings.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Seriously, the Lions can't move Stafford. Unless they go 0-16 and Andrew Luck falls into their lap, it's a bad move. They do need to stop trying to build around him, though. Go forward with a plan to run the ball and play defense. Stop throwing the ball 50 times a game with a second rate passer.

But is Stafford really the game manager type? You can fight a lot smarter, a lot more consertaive QBs for way cheaper. His trade value absolutely exists given his resume and where he was drafted... hell look at Bradford.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
stafford should have just done everyone a favor and took a knee 5 minutes ago. he had zero interest in actually scoring a TD that drive.

Bsigg12

This is potentially the longest 1 minute left in a football game i have ever watched.

Thank god they finally turned it over on downs.

cdyhybrid

"I wanna say it's a cascade of boos, but there aren't enough people left at Ford Field for a cascade"

:jnc :jnc

Al Michaels with the burn.

Top Bottom