• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

eznark

Banned
"I wanna say it's a cascade of boos, but there aren't enough people left at Ford Field for a cascade"

:jnc :jnc

Al Michaels with the burn.

CP9gxibWUAAyl81.jpg:large

WedgeX

Banned
Sigh. This will not be fun the rest of the year. Might as well give Megatron to a Super Bowl contender to do right by him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
3-0

3 sloppy wins, but wins they were.

Peyton was looking good tonight. Not great, but is hopefully getting into a grove. Lots of passes dropped by the receivers tonight, can't fault Peyton for those.

Denver D looked really tired in the second half. Few nice plays, but a lot of mistakes. At some point we'll see an on-point Offense and Defense game I hope.

TheFatOne

Stafford is 27 years old and is signed through 2017. He's not going anywhere fortunately. I know everyone likes to pile on him but QBs like him don't grow on trees. Plenty of fans wrote off Tony Romo at around the same age and Carson Palmer as well.

These things may unfortunately take time and play spoiler so the Vikings don't make the playoffs.

Time to start looking at mock drafts.

Staffords grow on trees everywhere in the NFL. He's a shit qb, and there is an abundance of shit qbs in the NFL. Only thing that separates him from another terrible qb is that he has a cannon. He can't read a defense, he can't throw accurately consistently, he makes poor decisions, has bad technique, stares down receivers, throws into triple coverage, and the list goes on and on. He hasn't shown flashes of anything. He had the luxury of having an elite talent at wr bail his shitty ass out much like Randy Moss bailed out Culpepper. Stafford doesn't do anything well other than throw the ball hard, and far. His record against winning teams speaks for itself. He's a bad qb period.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Since the 2011 Stafford era began I'm used to heartbreaking ends to season whether it was the 2013 meltdown or the playoff loss to the Cowboys during the playoffs. This just feels different.

Have to go back to the drawing board. We still have a lot of young talent and a lot of draft picks next year.

Joe Lombardi and his playbook is not working. He needs to go. Hopefully we can keep Coach Austin on the defensive side. I still can see us getting 7-8 wins but we have to seriously ponder the possibility of trading Megatron to an AFC team.

eznark

Banned
I'm willing to argue the Browns or the Browns. Did I mention the Browns?

If you want to make an ass of yourself

Lions:

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 528-627-32
Playoff Record (all-time) : 7-12 (Last appearance after 2014 season)
Super Bowls Won: 0 out of 0 appearances
Championships Won*: 4

Browns:

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 506-443-13
Playoff Record (all-time) : 16-20 (Last appearance after 2002 season)
Super Bowls Won: 0 out of 0 appearances
Championships Won*: 8

Spinluck

Staffords grow on trees everywhere in the NFL. He's a shit qb, and there is an abundance of shit qbs in the NFL. Only thing that separates him from another terrible qb is that he has a cannon. He can't read a defense, he can't throw accurately consistently, he makes poor decisions, has bad technique, stares down receivers, throws into triple coverage, and the list goes on and on. He hasn't shown flashes of anything. He had the luxury of having an elite talent at wr bail his shitty ass out much like Randy Moss bailed out Culpepper. Stafford doesn't do anything well other than throw the ball hard, and far. His record against winning teams speaks for itself. He's a bad qb period.

you are always blunt

even to me friend! lol

love it

squicken

Philly could use a receiving threat who can hold onto the ball right now.

Bradford's line of 14-for-28 for 118 yards and a touchdown is not going to be good enough going forward, but the same can be said for what his receivers did. Eight targets, no catches for Nelson Agholor and Miles Austin. Nobody ever makes a play for Bradford, grabs a ball that's even a little high or low. Unlike Bradford, the receivers aren't trying to reacclimate to game speed after nearly two years of knee rehab.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/329715021.html
Thought this was on point. Bradford is no doubt stinking up the joint, but man the WRs do nothing

Stafford has a career passer rating of 95.9 when throwing to Calvin Johnson
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...Stafford/80b9b2ae-ae01-4ff5-8f43-2e631a794299
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176741187&postcount=15923

Spinluck

Sigh. This will not be fun the rest of the year. Might as well give Megatron to a Super Bowl contender to do right by him.

They should probably do this before he ends up burned up and used like Andre Johnson.

But I am sure by the time this happens, if Grigson is still our GM, he'll take him at that point.

The saddest thing besides our team being terrible is watching AJ trying to run routes.

Pepiope

Thought this was on point. Bradford is no doubt stinking up the joint, but man the WRs do nothing
Matthews seems to be our only quality guy so far.

At least it looks like a bunch of miscommunication going on right now. So that will be fixed over the course of the season. Hopefully by the bye, this team can start looking like the playoff contender it's supposed to be.

Spinluck

His best takedowns are when the Pats are sloppy. Pulls no punches!

yeah, i think i remember some pats fans getting mad at him last year lol

QB has good QB rating when throwing to 6'5" freak athlete hall of fame tier WR.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should probably do this before he ends up burned up and used like Andre Johnson.

But I am sure by the time this happens, if Grigson is still our GM, he'll take him at that point.

The saddest thing besides our team being terrible is watching AJ trying to run routes.

You do realize Luck potentially saved the entire Colts front office today, right?

Doorman

Toss up with them and the Eagles.

At least the Eagles have been to a Super Bowl and several conference championships somewhat recently.

Anyway, 0-5 here we come. Stafford is terrible, our O-line is terrible, our D-line is average, our linebackers are useless without Levy, our secondary is worthless outside of Glover Quin and (occasionally) Slay. Our receiving corps is good and the running backs would be serviceable if we had any sort of blocking. It really will be 2019 before anybody can take this team as a serious threat, knowing the way they tend to operate.

Incidentally this felt like one of the most dull, identity-less football games I've seen in some time even taking the local fan angle out of it.

LionPride

Banned
Browns above .500, Lions 100 games under .500.

Says Browns are worse.

This is why Detroit is a third world country.
I admitted I'm biased. I can't admit that the sorry ass team I root for is the most pathetic. I already do that with the Timberwolves in the NBA.

Top Bottom