• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
But is Stafford really the game manager type? You can fight a lot smarter, a lot more consertaive QBs for way cheaper. His trade value absolutely exists given his resume and where he was drafted... hell look at Bradford.

Stafford has some qualities that aren't readily available. He has a cannon for an arm and he's tough. I think he'd be pretty good taking play action deep shots. If he doesn't want to change, then the Lions wouldn't have a choice but to trade him.

Lions, Bears, Ravens, and Saints all 0-3. Which team gets a win first?
Would have to look at the schedules to guess at who wins first, but the Ravens will finish with the best record of that group. They're bad, but not that bad.

e: Wait, it's Ravens/Steelers on TNF... with Vick and no time to prepare? Ravens, this week

Spinluck

You do realize Luck potentially saved the entire Colts front office today, right?

Yeah, I'm not sure what your point is though.

I didn't want us to lose or anything, but it was a bittersweet win.

We also barely escaped that game... against the Titans... who have a rookie QB in his third game... after being up 14-0...

So I'm like, still kind of on the edge. lol

Staffords grow on trees everywhere in the NFL. He's a shit qb, and there is an abundance of shit qbs in the NFL. Only thing that separates him from another terrible qb is that he has a cannon. He can't read a defense, he can't throw accurately consistently, he makes poor decisions, has bad technique, stares down receivers, throws into triple coverage, and the list goes on and on. He hasn't shown flashes of anything. He had the luxury of having an elite talent at wr bail his shitty ass out much like Randy Moss bailed out Culpepper. Stafford doesn't do anything well other than throw the ball hard, and far. His record against winning teams speaks for itself. He's a bad qb period.

No lies detected.

The NFL is a league of QBs. You either have one or you don't, and when you have one it's readily apparent. The Lions don't.

squicken

Luck did better as the game went on, but, the defense really saved the day for the Colts today. They had a interception return and almost had a second later on.

Pepiope

Even if we count your failures as somehow equivalent to a success, the Browns have 8 rings. You have zero. Two participation ribbons don't change that.
The Browns have 4 NFL championships prior to the Super Bowl era, we have 3, but no one cares about those rings anyway...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No lies detected.

The NFL is a league of QBs. You either have one or you don't, and when you have one it's readily apparent. The Lions don't.

I was going to write this, but I'm not convinced it's true. Joe Flacco and Kaepernick faced eachother just a few years ago in the bowl.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mstafford.php

Strengths: Average height, but has great bulk ... Born with a rocket launcher for a right arm ... Throws the ball with a nice, tight spiral consistently ... Puts great touch on fade routes ... Displays a compact release ... Secures the football in the pocket ... Plays in a pro-style offense and is well coached ... Has a lot of experience against top competition as a 3 year starter ... More productive in junior season than he was in past ... Upside warrants a top three pick.

Weaknesses: Drop could be much quicker ... Sluggish footwork at times ... Throws off his back foot more than he should and it leads to poor accuracy ... Puts too much zip on the football on intermediate and crossing routes ... Doesn't sell the play action as well as he could ... Not going to elude pressure in the pocket, but does a decent job of moving the chains with his feet ... Doesn't show an understanding to audible into the correct pass protection or diagnose coverages.

Summary: Coming into his junior season, Stafford was not statistically impressive, but he managed to put together several highly productive games... In an offense without many short and intermediate routes, which is difficult for a quarterback to operate in. His production is impressive considering the offensive system ... The favorite to be taken No. 1 overall.

Player Comparison: Jay Cutler. Both players have rocket arms with the tendency to force throws into double coverage and extremely tight windows.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Draft Prospects - Matt Stafford Profile

That was written more than six years ago. Nothing has changed.

Tabris

I just wanna check in and make sure all you Manning haters are all OK from choking on it?

Hopefully you didn't choke on it too hard. We still got 16 more games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, I'm not sure what your point is though.

I didn't want us to lose or anything, but it was a bittersweet win.

We also barely escaped that game... against the Titans... who have a rookie QB in his third game... after being up 14-0...

So I'm like, still kind of on the edge. lol

I just wanted to make sure you knew, which you did. Congrats on the win and eventual AFC South Divisional Champions, the 6-10 Colts!

Spinluck

Luck did better as the game went on, but, the defense really saved the day for the Colts today. They had a interception return and almost had a second later on.

Luck always looks good in the hurry up offense.

Would love to see our numbers when we're running it, it was a major reason he was able to turn the game around. 11-14 2TDs I believe. Pep just never seems to stick with things that work, and often, continues to run an offense that depends on consistent blockers which we don't have. Just really grating. Luck also needs to get rid of the Stafford-esque staring down he does at times

I just wanted to make sure you knew, which you did. Congrats on the win and eventual AFC South Divisional Champions, the 6-10 Colts!

Ah so you were saying it would've been better for the long term if we lost.

I already knew that friend, and thanks. If we do win the division, I hope the AFCS Participant banner goes up in Irsay's office instead!

Tom Nook

Kaepernick-jersey-fire-Raiders.jpg

I was going to write this, but I'm not convinced it's true. Joe Flacco and Kaepernick faced eachother just a few years ago in the bowl.

Joe Flacco had a run where he played like an elite QB leading up into that Super Bowl. I mean, I guess Matt Stafford could replicate this, but it's not something I would bet money on.

TheFatOne

Also Collinsworth is LOL. Dude was hyping up the Lions at the end to try and prop up Manning. Dude looked average tonight against a bad team, with a bad coach, and a terrible qb. Lions are fucking garbage, and this wasn't some tough win against a good opponent on the road. It's like hyping up the Jags, and being amazed that the Pats blew them out. Broncos did exactly what good teams should do and nothing else. They beat a bad team like they were supposed to. Shits not rocket science. Wins like this is what gives them a chance at the end of the year. A loss to a team you should have beaten can cost you the number one or two seed. That's what makes the Broncos a good team. They will beat the teams they are supposed to and be competitive against teams like the Pats, or Green Bay. To hype up the Lions just to prop up an obviously old Manning is laughable.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kaep had Jimmy Harbs and Flacco was in the playoffs.

I understand that, meaning who knows what Stafford's catalyst is. Point at the end of the day is though, when you make one of those 3 guys the focus you're screwed. Flaccos contract is crushing the Ravens right now, and Kaep is a joke, they'd be better of with smith.

cdyhybrid

I understand that, meaning who knows what Stafford's catalyst is. Point at the end of the day is though, when you make one of those 3 guys the focus you're screwed. Flaccos contract is crushing the Ravens right now, and Kaep is a joke, they'd be better of with smith.

Nah, Kaep and Flacco have glimmers of hope if things line up.

Stafford has nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That Papa Johns commercial with everyone ignoring him is what finally made me turn the corner on Manning forever. I now hold no ill will towards him whatsoever, and only make fun of his old man throwing technique as a light ribbing, hoping that he does well. I don't want him to beat my team, but I wish him the best.

Papa John is a great person to stick near if you want to come off looking good. Guy gives off serial rapist vibes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Joe Flacco had a run where he played like an elite QB leading up into that Super Bowl. I mean, I guess Matt Stafford could replicate this, but it's not something I would bet money on.

Nah, Kaep and Flacco have glimmers of hope if things line up.

Stafford has nothing.

I agree with you guys, I just wouldn't count anything out given what can happen in this league. Again it's a reason these teams throw high value picks to these "potential" guys, even though common sense would say it will remain just that- potential. Most heady football fans understood Flacco fleeced the ravens. He'd be great as a mid level QB, since he can use that rocket arm to huck it chuck it. Worst case you "punted it" (luck the GOAT at this), best case you do what flacco did best and pull the PI.

edit- also nah Kaep doesn't really have that glimmer. He reminds me very much of stafford. Rocket arm who knows only one gear when throwing and makes awful decisions.

Top Bottom