• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Really didn't expect the Patriots to dominate the jaguars defense like they did.

The scary thing is...they didn't play that bad at first at all. The injuries upon injuries didn't help though.

The crazy thing is they were leading in time of possession until late in the third quarter, all from that one long drive they had where they kept getting the ball back.

The Lions season is officially over. We'll almost certainly be 0-5 going into week 6. If the Detroit Lions were a competent or event decently run organization, the offseason would look like this:

1. Martin Mayhew would be fired as GM and the entire front office would be cleared out. Losing Suh was bad but ultimately I wouldn't have paid him QB money (Miami is going to regret that signing, if they aren't already). Losing Suh and not having a replacement ready is the problem for me. Aaron Donald was right there in the draft, ready to be taken. Ready to be groomed by Suh for one year (2014). Instead we took a TE. Another weapon for Stafford.

I'll commend Mayhew for his recent trades and moves. We now have a shit ton of draft picks for the 2016 draft, and can acquire more as my second point will show. I want a fresh, new front office to take advantage of these picks and start the rebuilding process.

2. Calvin Johnson would be traded or cut. Congratulations Detroit, you wasted another Hall of Famer's career. We simply can't justify paying him 16 million next year, I'm sorry. If we were on the verge of success sure, I'd keep him. I'd love to keep him, I think he's a great player and a great guy. But the numbers don't add up. I pray to god he goes to a competent organization and wins a ring. He deserves it.

3. Start looking for another QB. It's clear Stafford is not the guy. What else is there to say? It's 2015. IE 2011 was four years ago. Stop talking about it. Think about your own jobs. If your best year was 4 years ago, and your following years were average to bad/incompetent...would you keep your job? Assuming you don't work for the state or federal government, the answer is no. We cannot give this man an extension. He isn't going to suddenly become an elite QB. He'll always be a turnover prone QB who isn't accurate. That's who he was in college, that's who he is seven years into his career here. Let it go.

Stafford has one more year on his deal, ie next year. He'll be our QB next year, and we'll almost certainly suck again. After that, let him go (or trade him) and start looking for another QB. Maybe Denver would be interested...

-----

But guess what? I wasted 10 minutes writing all that shit because you know what. None of it will happen because we aren't a decent or competent organization. Martha Ford will bring Mayhew back because she likes him. Just as her husband (RIP) kept Matt Millen for 2-3 years longer than he should have. Mayhew will be back, count on it. And he'll waste half of those draft picks on high character guys with low talent ceilings. Once again.

We suck. And we will continue to suck until the Fords die out or sell the team.

I think the Denver O looked a lot better in the second half. For much of the game the receivers weren't giving Manning much help, then they managed to click. Still looks like there are a lot of chemistry issues, but there is still plenty of season left.

And for a team like Detroit that isn't necessarily a good thing...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think the Denver O looked a lot better in the second half. For much of the game the receivers weren't giving Manning much help, then they managed to click. Still looks like there are a lot of chemistry issues, but there is still plenty of season left.

Agreed. They get it worked out and they'll be solid. Manning was on point tonight.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Our offensive side of the ball is a hodge podge concoction of what the fuckedness. None of that even matters though. This league is QBs, either you have one or you don't. I admit that I was quick with my proclamation about Stafford not being the one over many Lions fans. However, I've been beating this drum for years. He just doesn't have the intelligence to be an NFL QB. It shows time and time again.

People were just clowning Keap for pairing down the playbook.

Look who at this happen to last year

They cut 20% of the offensive plays last year.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/11/detroit_lions_cutting_number_o.html

Now, I'm not going to say that all 20% were fire and Stafford couldn't manage as there were definitely some clunkers in there but the majority is on Stafford's inability to read a defense. He can't fucking read a defense. He's never shown that ability consistently. I'm analytical and I'm definitely not a homer so I was quite easy for me to say that Stafford is shit. Bububububu he's the best QB ever in Honolulu Blue. Who gives a shit, he sucks.

Seattle is going to kill Stafford next weekend. My god...

I watched our right tackle get beat on at least three plays in a row. They didn't result in sacks obviously, but the pressure was simply nonstop.

Saying Stafford is the best QB the Lions have ever had is like saying gonorrhea is the best STD you've ever had. I got gonorrhea due to my ex being a piece of shit. Did I stick with it? Did I say "you know what, at least I don't have AIDS. I'm going to ride this out and see if it gets better." No. I went to the clinic and got that shit knocked out in the matter of 1-2 days. Easy.

What's the Lions' excuse. Jesus fuck.

The only people surprised at the Lions wasting another HOF career are Lions fans. Only difference between this and the last is Megatron's spirit won't be broken enough to make him retire early, he'll still have hope, and then he'll just be sad

LionPride

Banned
The only people surprised at the Lions wasting another HOF career are Lions fans. Only difference between this and the last is Megatron's spirit won't be broken enough to make him retire early, he'll still have hope, and then he'll just be sad

No Lions fan is surprised at this, much like no Texans fan would be surprised if Watt's prime was wasted in Houston or RG3's in QB purgatory.

That last one was a joke.

LionPride

Banned
Megatron to the Pats, Colts, Packers or Titans.

Make one of those happen damn it!

Brady/Jimmy G to Calvin. Meh

Luck to Megatron. Double meh

Rodgers to Megatron. Dear god

Mariota to Megatron. Thank god. And he'd be teaching DGB how to be a better WR and maybe a better person

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good morning fellow football fans. What a glorious morning it is! TheDarkestRed, I do hope the Phins finally fire Filbin. That was just...varsity vs. JV time.

Rex made the super duper right call in taking the chance on Tyrod. His vision is looking better and better each week. His first game he was locking onto his first read a bit too long, this game he was spreading it out quite a bit more. I'd like to see Watkins getting more looks, but fuck, can't argue with the offensive production.

And on the outside of the game, the rumors of Peyton Manning's demise were greatly exaggerated. Again. This has to be his last season though.

Imagine Megatron with a QB who could hit him in stride. I hate hearing people suggest Megatron is trash now. No, his YAC is trash because of the catches he gets. He gets a ball and basically falls down due to Stafford almost never hitting him in stride, or leading him, or doing anything a good QB would do

Narag

I wonder how Kas is enjoying the restoration of his roar..

KOSeBTR.png

Line_HTX

Miami Dolphins Football (TM)

Just got word that we missed another FG :(

Ahh, hello there, Bane. I believe I said your Space Jam would turn into MJCry.

To be fair though, I was really pissed off at the Texans also for their SHIT play. A stat like 2 in what was it... 14 or 15 3rd Downs should be an automatic loss for us. There is NO excuse to almost never converting those 3rd Downs ever. Not to mention our kicker Randy Fatlock did us no favors with field goal misses too. This game was careless and sloppy all around.

Line_HTX

Though with the way this defense is, I have to ask what was Fox and Del Rio doing last year?

They probably thought that Peyton could carry them for one more year considering this defense, and the rest could work itself out. I think Manning should be fine and probably will get back into Manning of old where they just score instantly.

I have to ask this, but is your ava Prinz Eugen?

Seattle is going to kill Stafford next weekend. My god...

I watched our right tackle get beat on at least three plays in a row. They didn't result in sacks obviously, but the pressure was simply nonstop.

You should be able to run it better, especially if Mebane is out. Avril, Bennett and Irvin are gonna have fun on the outside though.

Caldwell is a good guy and a good coach but it's clear that hiring Lombardi is going to be the reason he's fired in a year or two. He picked the right defensive coordinator but completely missed on Lombardi. Before being Brees' QB coach Lombardi had minor coaching jobs at nobody colleges and the XFL. If his name wasn't Lombardi he wouldn't be in the NFL.

He isn't adapting, can't figure out how to play to his players' strengths, is failing to utilize Megatron...he is fucking up. Caldwell should take over playcalling.

Top Bottom