• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Ozium

Caldwell is a good guy and a good coach but it's clear that hiring Lombardi is going to be the reason he's fired in a year or two. He picked the right defensive coordinator but completely missed on Lombardi. Before being Brees' QB coach Lombardi had minor coaching jobs at nobody colleges and the XFL. If his name wasn't Lombardi he wouldn't be in the NFL.

He isn't adapting, can't figure out how to play to his players' strengths, is failing to utilize Megatron...he is fucking up. Caldwell should take over playcalling.

someday the roar will be restored

but no one will be around to hear it

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Caldwell is a good guy and a good coach but it's clear that hiring Lombardi is going to be the reason he's fired in a year or two. He picked the right defensive coordinator but completely missed on Lombardi. Before being Brees' QB coach Lombardi had minor coaching jobs at nobody colleges and the XFL. If his name wasn't Lombardi he wouldn't be in the NFL.

He isn't adapting, can't figure out how to play to his players' strengths, is failing to utilize Megatron...he is fucking up. Caldwell should take over playcalling.

To add to that:

Broncos CB Bradley Roby on the Lions offense: "We pretty much knew what they were gonna do, and they did it."

So much talent on our team and we don't know how to utilize it. I was trying to be optimistic about Lombardi but it's obviously not working out. Caldwell has been on point with his challenges and general Head Coaching ability thus far.

Lombardi has made the playbook needlessly complicated for the offense, offensive line yet easy enough for defenses to figure out.

This team doesn't have divas on the offensive side of the ball who will call out the playcalling. Stafford, Megatron, Abdullah etc. stick to what the coaches give them and play by the books when it comes to post game interviews.

I still think Stafford is one of the best QBs in the league and given his age we're going to stick with him. Guy has immense talent in terms of gifted ability at the position but he's not playing with the playcalling needed. Imagine if Dan Orlowsky had played instead. Lions fans are crazy if they think Stafford is the problem. He's proven himself in the past and still has a bright future whether it be in Detroit or in Houston.

It'll be tough but I think we have to trade Megatron and his contact to some team for picks. Still even with the odds against us the season isn't over yet.

jak trivia: Only 3 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3 since 1990. One of them was the 1995 Detroit Lions. With all the injuries happening who knows. The Seahawks certainly didn't look that impressive against the Jimmy Clausen Bears.

zychi

Banned
To add to that:

So much talent on our team and we don't know how to utilize it. I was trying to be optimistic about Lombardi but it's obviously not working out. Caldwell has been on point with his challenges and general Head Coaching ability thus far.

Lombardi has made the playbook needlessly complicated for the offense, offensive line yet easy enough for defenses to figure out.

This team doesn't have divas on the offensive side of the ball who will call out the playcalling. Stafford, Megatron, Abdullah etc. stick to what the coaches give them and play by the books when it comes to post game interviews.

I still think Stafford is one of the best QBs in the league and given his age we're going to stick with him. Guy has immense talent in terms of gifted ability at the position but he's not playing with the playcalling needed. Imagine if Dan Orlowsky had played instead. Lions fans are crazy if they think Stafford is the problem. He's proven himself in the past and still has a bright future whether it be in Detroit or in Houston.

It'll be tough but I think we have to trade Megatron and his contact to some team for picks. Still even with the odds against us the season isn't over yet.

jak trivia: Only 3 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3 since 1990. One of them was the 1995 Detroit Lions. With all the injuries happening who knows. The Seahawks certainly didn't look that impressive against the Jimmy Clausen Bears.
Its amazing how much you sound like my Bears fans friends. Remove Stafford for Clausen and your oc for the Bears. Same funny story.

Ever think it goes above the team? Your problem may be management

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092713/2015/REG3/broncos@lions/videos

Watching the post game presser with Coach Caldwell and Matthew Stafford is interesting.

Caldwell: "Certaintly thought our defense played well but couldn't get enough drives together or put enough points."

Stafford smiled when they asked him about the first pick paraphrasing: "the play was there and 99 times out of 100 that play works the DB made a heck of a play."

The NFL.com clip also had him started off with questioning his pass, that turned into a fumble, to Ameer Abdullah.

ST2K

Excluding the Roethlisberger-less Steelers, the Cards have 3 currently above .500 opponents for the rest of the year.

If Palmer stays healthy, I don't think they're gonna be stopped.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Come home brees, foles, luck, andy, keenum, stafford, tanne, mccown, manziel, mallett, rg3, flynn, mccoy, kolb, ponder.

God we produce a lot of crap.

Spinluck

Fuck the Lions.

Peyton can't keep getting away with it.

Come on milk

At least post the gif

skYOFwB.gif

squicken

Saw someone say that the Lions are less than the sum of their parts, which I really agree with. Same with the Rams. Seem like a good collection of athletes and potential, but never gel into something formidable.

STL's main columnist kind of called for Fisher's job, with some pretty damning stats on the offenses he has fielded

http://www.101sports.com/2015/09/28/jeff-fishers-rams-are-heading-the-wrong-way/

-In Fisher’s first three seasons the Rams ranked (in order), 28th, 22nd, and 23rd in points from scrimmage on offense. Three games into the 2015 schedule, the Rams are sinking even lower. They’ve scored only 43 points on offense. Ugh. And that’s the fewest in the league.

-This is Fisher’s 20th season as an NFL head coach.

For now, we’ll just review the first 19 seasons — even though the 20th season is looking rather familiar.

In the annual league rankings for points scored from scrimmage by an offense, Fisher’s first 19 teams finished in the top 10 only three times and haven’t been better than 12th over the past 10 seasons.

Using the same measure — points by the offense, and not defense or special teams — Fisher’s offense has scored more than the league average only nine times in 19 seasons … and only three times over the past nine seasons.

I went back and looked at the average offensive-points totals of teams that made the playoffs during Fisher’s first 19 seasons.

Fisher’s offenses have matched or exceeded the playoff-caliber average for a particular season only three times out of 19. And it hasn’t happened for 10 consecutive seasons, through 2014. (And only once over the past 14 seasons.)

Bye week already man. Hate early bye weeks.

Edit: Also, How is Woodson still playing at a high level. Dude is what, 57 right now? I really like this Raiders team. Carr + Cooper could be fun.

Staffords grow on trees everywhere in the NFL. He's a shit qb, and there is an abundance of shit qbs in the NFL. Only thing that separates him from another terrible qb is that he has a cannon. He can't read a defense, he can't throw accurately consistently, he makes poor decisions, has bad technique, stares down receivers, throws into triple coverage, and the list goes on and on. He hasn't shown flashes of anything. He had the luxury of having an elite talent at wr bail his shitty ass out much like Randy Moss bailed out Culpepper. Stafford doesn't do anything well other than throw the ball hard, and far. His record against winning teams speaks for itself. He's a bad qb period.

Million dollar arm, ten-cent head.

squicken

That's so ridiculous that Staffords grow on trees. 20+ teams would take his contract and give up multiple first round picks for the privilege. It's kind of like that Bill James thing where the best players get blamed for the teams' shortcomings.

What exactly separated DET from NE last year? Every game in the NFC playoffs came down to one play, and so did the SB. Detroit lost it's dice roll. Yes, I know, winners win. I fall on the side of randomness when games are close and officiating is so heavily involved

You know why the Lions are 0-3? Because their coach blows timeouts when the other team is trying to commit delay of game penalties. Because they don't know how to line up against field goal attempts. Because the offensive line is a sieve. Because the GM took Eric Ebron instead of Aaron Donald or ODB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick lost his team a game yesterday. Stafford didn't. Stafford isn't a top 5 QB, but he's an organizational strength.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I've been saying this on here since like game 3 last year. The guy is terrible. They won despite him last year.

squicken said:
That's so ridiculous that Staffords grow on trees. 20+ teams would take his contract and give up multiple first round picks for the privilege. It's kind of like that Bill James thing where the best players get blamed for the teams' shortcomings.

What exactly separated DET from NE last year? Every game in the NFC playoffs came down to one play, and so did the SB. Detroit lost it's dice roll. Yes, I know, winners win. I fall on the side of randomness when games are close and officiating is so heavily involved

You know why the Lions are 0-3? Because their coach blows timeouts when the other team is trying to commit delay of game penalties. Because they don't know how to line up against field goal attempts. Because the offensive line is a sieve. Because the GM took Eric Ebron instead of Aaron Donald or ODB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick lost his team a game yesterday. Stafford didn't. Stafford isn't a top 5 QB, but he's an organizational strength.

This is wrong when referring to Stafford. Stafford is a mediocre QB. Who audibled into that run play on the two-point last night? He did. He even said after the game that it looked like it wouldn't work. Then why call it?

He stares down receivers. He forces balls into double-coverage. He has the physical talent and arm to be a top-5 QB, but makes terrible decisions. He also refuses to get help in the offseason. He doesn't want to put the effort into getting better and rising above his current level.

I'm sorry--he may be the biggest waste of talent in the league right now.

You're right about the coaching staff and GM. But Stafford is a huge problem and, at year 7, I don't think will ever change.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I saw this idea on twitter. Joe Philbin gets fired now, we clean house at the end of the season, Jason Taylor comes in next season as head coach.

I like this, and we have nothing to lose at this point.

EDIT: Joey Porter as defensive coordinator, that's what he said too.

Sanjuro

I saw this idea on twitter. Joe Philbin gets fired now, we clean house at the end of the season, Jason Taylor comes in next season as head coach.

You want the guy from Dancing With the Stars as your head coach?

eznark

Banned

Oh my god please, please, please let this happen. Maybe Ricky Williams can be OC.

Jarnet87

Big O does a post game show on 560 and thinks unless their is an organizational enema (as he likes to put it) that the Dolphins will get a mediocre coach at best. He thinks no decent coach will want to work with Mike Tannenbaum and that T. will hire a coach he can control. Seems like the most logical Ross move.

eznark

Banned
Congratulations to the Detroit Lions for dropping back to a cool 100 games below .500 as a franchise.

I'd say the Roar has been officially Restored.

Top Bottom