• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
4AObR4C.jpg

To add to that:

So much talent on our team and we don't know how to utilize it. I was trying to be optimistic about Lombardi but it's obviously not working out. Caldwell has been on point with his challenges and general Head Coaching ability thus far.

Lombardi has made the playbook needlessly complicated for the offense, offensive line yet easy enough for defenses to figure out.

This team doesn't have divas on the offensive side of the ball who will call out the playcalling. Stafford, Megatron, Abdullah etc. stick to what the coaches give them and play by the books when it comes to post game interviews.

I still think Stafford is one of the best QBs in the league and given his age we're going to stick with him. Guy has immense talent in terms of gifted ability at the position but he's not playing with the playcalling needed. Imagine if Dan Orlowsky had played instead. Lions fans are crazy if they think Stafford is the problem. He's proven himself in the past and still has a bright future whether it be in Detroit or in Houston.

It'll be tough but I think we have to trade Megatron and his contact to some team for picks. Still even with the odds against us the season isn't over yet.

jak trivia: Only 3 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3 since 1990. One of them was the 1995 Detroit Lions. With all the injuries happening who knows. The Seahawks certainly didn't look that impressive against the Jimmy Clausen Bears.

It's not that complicated. Stafford simply can't read defenses and the blocking scheme doesn't fit our personnel. I don't see how you can continue to hype Stafford at this point, he has done nothing since 2011. Collinsworth is HORRIBLE but he was right about one thing last night: playing at home against a gimped Denver offense should be a game your QB wins for you.

Once again Stafford turnovers and idiotic sacks killed the team's momentum. It's 2013 all over again. Face it, dude has a low football IQ. That's not going to magically change in year eight. He is what he is. From the very first play last night he was fucking up. BTW notice how similar that play was to Denver's last TD play. O-Line shifted right, defensive end game in from the left. Instead of rolling to the right and hitting the open man (Ebron) Stafford panicked. Again.

Amari Cooper is 3rd in the NFL in YAC among wide receivers, behind only Julio Jones and Antonio Brown (he's 8th in overall receiving yards, 7th among WR's). He's a very young 21 years old (just turned 21 in June), his upside is just ridiculous

gutshot

Can we have Nick Foles and our 2nd round pick back, please? Bradford sucks. I mean, I'm glad the Eagles won yesterday, but I'm really not looking forward to the rest of the season and having to continually see the gormless look on that dudes face after yet another shit throw.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
First signing: Lois "Ray Finkle" Einhorn

Fuck Ray Finkle.

Big O does a post game show on 560 and thinks unless their is an organizational enema (as he likes to put it) that the Dolphins will get a mediocre coach at best. He thinks no decent coach will want to work with Mike Tannenbaum and that T. will hire a coach he can control. Seems like the most logical Ross move.

Dream big, we have nothing to lose.

squicken

Can we have Nick Foles and our 2nd round pick back, please? Bradford sucks. I mean, I'm glad the Eagles won yesterday, but I'm really not looking forward to the rest of the season and having to continually see the gormless look on that dudes face after yet another shit throw.

The Rams are last in the league in scoring. Bradford sucks so far but pining for Foles is odd. Pine for the 2nd if you think all is lost, I guess

I really need to see Teddy step up in the next couple games. I know a QB doesn't need to do much when the running game and defense is humming but this isn't the guy who looked great during the final five weeks of 2014.

Hes only had one solid game against the lions.

To add to that:

So much talent on our team and we don't know how to utilize it. I was trying to be optimistic about Lombardi but it's obviously not working out. Caldwell has been on point with his challenges and general Head Coaching ability thus far.

Lombardi has made the playbook needlessly complicated for the offense, offensive line yet easy enough for defenses to figure out.

This team doesn't have divas on the offensive side of the ball who will call out the playcalling. Stafford, Megatron, Abdullah etc. stick to what the coaches give them and play by the books when it comes to post game interviews.

I still think Stafford is one of the best QBs in the league and given his age we're going to stick with him. Guy has immense talent in terms of gifted ability at the position but he's not playing with the playcalling needed. Imagine if Dan Orlowsky had played instead. Lions fans are crazy if they think Stafford is the problem. He's proven himself in the past and still has a bright future whether it be in Detroit or in Houston.

It'll be tough but I think we have to trade Megatron and his contact to some team for picks. Still even with the odds against us the season isn't over yet.

jak trivia: Only 3 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3 since 1990. One of them was the 1995 Detroit Lions. With all the injuries happening who knows. The Seahawks certainly didn't look that impressive against the Jimmy Clausen Bears.

So the lions are saying, "they are who they thought they were, but they let them of the hook?"

gutshot

The Rams are last in the league in scoring. Bradford sucks so far but pining for Foles is odd. Pine for the 2nd if you think all is lost, I guess

I just prefer Foles playstyle. He's not afraid to take shots down the field. Bradford is a checkdown machine, which wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't consistently missing wide open guys.

And yeah, I'd really like that 2nd round pick back. Considering last year's 2nd round pick is our best receiver and this year's 2nd rounder had a pick and another big-time pass defense.

LevelNth

Banned
Thoughts on the Niners/Cards game:

-Obviously, Kap. I don't think I've been a staunch defender of his, but I do believe he possesses a skill set that is just insane, and I was really optimistic that his work in the offseason would pay dividends and he would improve.

He's hit his ceiling unfortunately. I know some Niner fans will claim the OL is bad and he has no help, but I'm sorry, it's just not true. Yes, our OL is bad. But it's not that bad. Our receivers are not the problem either; many were wide open numerous times throughout the day.

I know sometimes people have bad games, but Kap's day yesterday went beyond it. His two pick sixes are throws you learn at the most basic level of football to never make. It's either a case of his inability to recognize these situations, or feeling his natural skill can overcome it (which it can't). He doesn't have it, and I have no doubt Baalke knows it, and it looks like we're in a holding pattern now waiting to find our actual franchise guy. Shame.

-Hyde really is a beast, it's too bad he'll be taken out of a few games this year because Kap simply can't elevate the passing game.

-I'm actually not that worried about the D. They are young and have faced two really good passing offenses. Not to mention it was pretty apparent how discouraging Kap's pick sixes were to everyone else. It'll take time for the unit to gel, and it looks like Brooks has nothing left in the tank anymore so we'll need additional pass rush help. I won't be shocked if we get it from Armstead and Harold as they mature later this year.

Victor Cruz says he will officially return for the game against Buffalo.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/9/2...ctor-cruz-to-return-against-the-buffalo-bills

After looking great during the summer from his torn patellar injury, Victor Cruz suffered a major setback with a calf injury that has lasted since August. Yesterday, Cruz posted a video where he confidently states that he will return to play against the Buffalo Bills.

"The return is here," Cruz states at the end of his video.

Cruz has assured that he's not rushing things despite being very confident of his injury status.

"I just wanted to make sure that I'm 100 percent before I go back out there," Cruz said. "I want to be clicking on all cylinders. I want everything to be full force just to prevent another injury, you know what I mean?"

I would expect for him to be on a pitch count. Beason played roughly 28 snaps on defense on his return. I would expect a bit more for Cruz, probably in the 35 snaps range.

No word yet on the remaining injured Giants but there is a very good possibility that the Giants will have Erek Flowers, Robert Ayers and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie back in the lineup. Which will be a good thing.

Also:

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 13h13 hours ago
If Giants-49ers Week 5 game is flexed out of the Sunday night slot, we will know no later than this Tuesday.

I would expect this game to be flexed out.

eznark

Banned
So I pulled some stats from what we would all consider the bottom of the QB barrel, just to take a look. I've turned it into a fun game.

Name that QB:

34/49 69% 316 yds 1 TD 2 INT 6.4 YPA

31/38 81% 310 yds 0 TD 1 INT 8.2 YPA

28/49 57% 341 yds 2 TD 1 INT 7 YPA

24/39 61% 228 yds 1 TD 1 INT 6 YPA

14/28 50% 118 yds 1 TD 0 INT 4.2 YPA

19/28 68% 197 yds 0 TD 1 INT 7 YPA

9/19 47% 67 yards 0 TD 4 INT 3.5 YPA (ok, this is Kaepernick, no hiding this one. But he is a New Man!)

31/45 69% 282 yds 1 TD 2 INT 6.3 YPA

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So I pulled some stats from what we would all consider the bottom of the QB barrel, just to take a look. I've turned it into a fun game.

Name that QB:

9/19 47% 67 yards 0 TD 4 INT 3.5 YPA (ok, this is Kaepernick, no hiding this one. But he is a New Man!)

The great Mallett.

Good morning fellow football fans. What a glorious morning it is! TheDarkestRed, I do hope the Phins finally fire Filbin. That was just...varsity vs. JV time.

Rex made the super duper right call in taking the chance on Tyrod. His vision is looking better and better each week. His first game he was locking onto his first read a bit too long, this game he was spreading it out quite a bit more. I'd like to see Watkins getting more looks, but fuck, can't argue with the offensive production.

And on the outside of the game, the rumors of Peyton Manning's demise were greatly exaggerated. Again. This has to be his last season though.
As I've mentioned many times Tyrod was QB at VT while I was there so I watched every game he played. I love the guy, he will always have a special place in my heart for the entertainment he gave me during my time in college. That's why I'm really happy to see him starting in the NFL and actually doing well. I hope he keeps it going.

That said, consider the first Bills drive. Tyrod Taylor, my college QB, throwing a TD pass to Charles Clay, a seventh round gem the Dolphins just lost in free agency, is a scenario straight out of a Stephen King novel written with me as the sole member of the target audience.

Anyway, when the season ended last year I said I would like to see Philbin fired and Rex hired in his place. People made fun of me.

Joe Philbin is the worst. Wait, make that second worst, I forgot about Stephen Ross. Yesterday was the worst loss in the Philbin era and another reminder that the Dolphins are, in fact, the Dolphins.

gutshot

The Eagles offense is regressing.

Rushing
2013: 5.1 yards/attempt
2014: 4.2 yards/attempt
2015: 2.7 yards/attempt

Passing
2013: 8.1 yards/attempt
2014: 7.0 yards/attempt
2015: 5.7 yards/attempt

Total
2013: 6.3 yards per play
2014: 5.6 yards per play
2015: 4.5 yards per play

eznark

Banned
The Eagles offense is regressing.

Rushing
2013: 5.1 yards/attempt
2014: 4.2 yards/attempt
2015: 2.7 yards/attempt

Passing
2013: 8.1 yards/attempt
2014: 7.0 yards/attempt
2015: 5.7 yards/attempt

Total
2013: 6.3 yards per play
2014: 5.6 yards per play
2015: 4.5 yards per play

BZP4J2HCMAABP68.jpg

squicken

I just prefer Foles playstyle. He's not afraid to take shots down the field. Bradford is a checkdown machine, which wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't consistently missing wide open guys.
He definitely is infuriating. I think he is really scared at this point. He gave a handoff on a third and short right into the teeth of the defense, when he could have tossed it to Ertz for an easy first down

http://gfycat.com/FatPointlessBilby

I like guys who throw it deep as well, but the problem with Foles is he does it almost blindly. It worked early on for him when the defenses dropped INTs and his WRs won every jump ball.

Name that QB:

That's Josh McCown.

EDIT: The one above is Luke McCown.

LJ11

At times Roman gets too cute with the playcalling, but I've always liked the guy. My buddy is a huge Niners fan, all he did was bitch about Roman, as did most of the fanbase, but I saw it like the Arians situation with Steeler fans.

eznark

Banned
He definitely is infuriating. I think he is really scared at this point. He gave a handoff on a third and short right into the teeth of the defense, when he could have tossed it to Ertz for an easy first down

http://gfycat.com/FatPointlessBilby

I like guys who throw it deep as well, but the problem with Foles is he does it almost blindly. It worked early on for him when the defenses dropped INTs and his WRs won every jump ball.

I find it amusing you think he has free will on that play.

Top Bottom