• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

He definitely is infuriating. I think he is really scared at this point. He gave a handoff on a third and short right into the teeth of the defense, when he could have tossed it to Ertz for an easy first down

http://gfycat.com/FatPointlessBilby

I like guys who throw it deep as well, but the problem with Foles is he does it almost blindly. It worked early on for him when the defenses dropped INTs and his WRs won every jump ball.

man, look at that shrug of the shoulders when he's looking right at Ertz.

kmag

Victor Cruz says he will officially return for the game against Buffalo.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/9/2...ctor-cruz-to-return-against-the-buffalo-bills

I would expect for him to be on a pitch count. Beason played roughly 28 snaps on defense on his return. I would expect a bit more for Cruz, probably in the 35 snaps range.

No word yet on the remaining injured Giants but there is a very good possibility that the Giants will have Erek Flowers, Robert Ayers and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie back in the lineup. Which will be a good thing.

Also:

I would expect this game to be flexed out.

I wouldn't. Regardless of form it's two big tv markets. But the main thing is the rest of that day hasn't got a lot on that's much better for NBC to use a flex.

Washington at Atlanta
Seattle at Cincinnati
St.Louis at Green Bay
Chicago at Kansas City
Buffalo at Tennessee
New Orleans at Philadelphia
Cleveland at Baltimore
Jacksonville at Tampa Bay
Arizona at Detroit
New England at Dallas
Denver at Oakland

The Cowboys-Patriots would be attractive if Romo were healthy, but then again CBS would probably protect it anyway. Maybe Seattle at Cincinnati.

Line_HTX

The Eagles offense is regressing.

Total
2013: 6.3 yards per play
2014: 5.6 yards per play
2015: 4.5 yards per play

That's 4.5 through 3 games out of 16. They'll probably actually shrink and regress near the end of the year though, so it's too early to tell.

:p

eznark

Banned
Give me a break. What, that's the one play where Chip didn't dictate the read pre-snap in three years?

That's 4.5 through 3 games out of 16. They'll probably actually shrink and regress near the end of the year though, so it's too early to tell.

:p

It doesn't get much easier than the Cowboys and Falcons defenses so the number is probably inflated if anything.

jmdajr

11925709_414326135428307_900899981_n.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Amari Cooper is 3rd in the NFL in YAC among wide receivers, behind only Julio Jones and Antonio Brown (he's 8th in overall receiving yards, 7th among WR's). He's a very young 21 years old (just turned 21 in June), his upside is just ridiculous

He doesn't have the size of Jones, but he's just as fluid as Brown. Plus he's slightly bigger.

eznark

Banned
He definitely could have and should have pulled it there. His shrug after the play was pretty conclusive of that, as well as Chip's face.

Shrug looked more like "wish I could have gone to you, bud, out of my control" to me. But we're all just reading what we want into this.

eznark

Banned
Hey Ez, Waynes didn't completely self destruct yesterday!

Yeah, looking forward to watching that game again. Rivers went at him right away that first series he was in but then kind of stopped. Mostly because he was getting killed I think, but maybe Waynes was just playing well.

At times Roman gets too cute with the playcalling, but I've always liked the guy. My buddy is a huge Niners fan, all he did was bitch about Roman, as did most of the fanbase, but I saw it like the Arians situation with Steeler fans.
Roman has been incredible for the Bills, I love what he's done so far. I wish he was the Dolphins OC.

Line_HTX

Man... at Atlanta next as they're starting to hit their stride from outshooting Dallas, and then Thursday Night Football...

These are going to be ugly...

Good game MRSA. You guys absolutely destroyed out O-line at times and Cooper > Haden. What a joy to watch him play. Also, Latavius is a beast, gonna be a top 3 back in the league.

Crisco

Banned
Worse McCown played a pretty inspired game against the Panthers. It took a crazy INT by Josh Norman to save us from what would have been a really embarrassing loss. Granted, our D limped into the 4th quarter without our best DE, running back, and linebacker, but it still should have never been that close.

Zeke

Think a Matt Cassel offense can score 28 points?
Can't say but I imagine he can at least throw a deep ball. All the passes Weeden had were about 10yds that's it. After that the falcons just stacked the box and covered underneath. He had to long passes one to Witten that he put too high and the slant to Williams. That's two out of 26 attempts you aren't going to win any games like that.

It’s hard to say which moment was the worst from the Dolphins’ home opener Sunday.

Was it when Ryan Tannehill watched helplessly from his knees as Preston Brown returned an interception 43 yards for a touchdown?

Maybe it was the cascading boos from the near-sellout crowd that sent the home team into the locker room at the half.

Or how about when Charles Clay, Chris Hogan and Dan Carpenter — all former Dolphins — combined to outscore their old team.

Certainly it would be tough to top the wife of Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes leaving the stadium in handcuffs after allegedly head-butting a cop.

Any one of these moments would ruin a normal Sunday. But put together, they made for arguably the worst Dolphins Sunday in some time.

Season on the brink after Miami Dolphins 'embarrassed' by Buffalo Bills

Can't say but I imagine he can at least throw a deep ball. All the passes Weeden had were about 10yds that's it. After that the falcons just stacked to box and covered underneath. He had to long passes one to Witten that he put too high and the slant to Williams. That's two out of 26 attempts you aren't going to win any games like that.

Hahahahahaha

Farooq

Banned
Think a Matt Cassel offense can score 28 points?

Probably not. Weeden has had two off seasons worth of reps in Garrett's offense (plus a season of first team Wednesday practices). Cassel had what? A year in Norv's offense. I don't think they would feel comfortable with Cassel.

This is Weeden's ship unless he gets injured.
I would wait until the all-22 to properly assess Weeden's play and
to see why tanking is the Cowboys best option going foward.

j-wood

They didn't ask Madden for help. I wasn't surprised we blew another lead to the Colts. Just thankful they covered the spread

I guess we can be positive and say Mariota led a very nice drive for the TD at the end with the chance to tie it.

But yeah, I texted a friend at the start of the 4th quarter and said we wouldn't be able to close out this game, and not getting that TD from the 1 would come back and bite us in the ass.

Then that's exactly what happened.

Line_HTX

Worse McCown played a pretty inspired game against the Panthers. It took a crazy INT by Josh Norman to save us from what would have been a really embarrassing loss. Granted, our D limped into the 4th quarter without our best DE, running back, and linebacker, but it still should have never been that close.

Y'all barely escaped the onslaught of Verizon backup commercials. I'm amazed that was a game to begin with.

They didn't ask Madden for help. I wasn't surprised we blew another lead to the Colts. Just thankful they covered the spread

Making money off the spread, eh?

I really need to see Teddy step up in the next couple games. I know a QB doesn't need to do much when the running game and defense is humming but this isn't the guy who looked great during the final five weeks of 2014.

Hes only had one solid game against the lions.

While I agree that he needs to play better, Teddy's receivers aren't doing him any favors. Rudolph drops a TD pass that hits him square in the chest/hands. Charles Johnson #1. is worthless beyond about 10 yards and #2. never fights for a ball. He let that defender get right in front of him on that INT. Patterson doesn't understand routes. Add to that a beat-up OLine.
If Ponder were playing today he probably would have tossed up about 3 INTs and bailed out of the constantly collapsing pocket 94% of the plays. I think Teddy is still adjusting to the force that is AD.

Teddy's been bailed out the last two weeks by stellar defense and Adrian. Eventually the Vikes will face a team that can shut down Adrian, so that's when Teddy will need to step up. Unlike the past few QBs the Vikes have had, I actually have confidence that Teddy will perform.

Denver is going to be a big test. I don't expect the Vikebike to win, but if they can get to Manning the way they got to Fatford and Rivers, Manning might actually be murdered on the field. All I've heard about is how awesome Denver's D is. How does their OLine look?

Can we have Nick Foles and our 2nd round pick back, please? Bradford sucks. I mean, I'm glad the Eagles won yesterday, but I'm really not looking forward to the rest of the season and having to continually see the gormless look on that dudes face after yet another shit throw.
My god you are an insane person. Foles has put up 6 points the last 2 weeks against bad defenses. He is terrible. Bradford had no turnovers against a defense that was forcing 5 a game. The back catch 2 perfectly thrown balls and Sams stats would be totally different. The throw to Nelson was bad but that was really the only one. The Eagles put up 24 on the best defense in football and are only 1 game out of first. Be happy.

While I agree that he needs to play better, Teddy's receivers aren't doing him any favors. Rudolph drops a TD pass that hits him square in the chest/hands. Charles Johnson #1. is worthless beyond about 10 yards and #2. never fights for a ball. He let that defender get right in front of him on that INT. Patterson doesn't understand routes. Add to that a beat-up OLine.
If Ponder were playing today he probably would have tossed up about 3 INTs and bailed out of the constantly collapsing pocket 94% of the plays. I think Teddy is still adjusting to the force that is AD.

Teddy's been bailed out the last two weeks by stellar defense and Adrian. Eventually the Vikes will face a team that can shut down Adrian, so that's when Teddy will need to step up. Unlike the past few QBs the Vikes have had, I actually have confidence that Teddy will perform.

Denver is going to be a big test. I don't expect the Vikebike to win, but if they can get to Manning the way they got to Fatford and Rivers, Manning might actually be murdered on the field. All I've heard about is how awesome Denver's D is. How does their OLine look?

I'm not as impressed by Denver as other people. Their D is great though.

Peyton looks old.

Crisco

Banned
Y'all barely escaped the onslaught of Verizon backup commercials. I'm amazed that was a game to begin with.

Just one of those games where everything came up Millhouse for the underdog. They played basically a perfect first quarter and a half, controlling the clock and putting 10 points on the board. Then they got a special teams touchdown to start the second half. If their defense was just a little better or Cam Newton wasn't a fucking boss then they'd have won. $100 million well spent!

My god you are an insane person. Foles has put up 6 points the last 2 weeks against bad defenses. He is terrible. Bradford had no turnovers against a defense that was forcing 5 a game. The back catch 2 perfectly thrown balls and Sams stats would be totally different. The throw to Nelson was bad but that was really the only one. The Eagles put up 24 on the best defense in football and are only 1 game out of first. Be happy.

The Jets were nowhere near the best defense in football, Bradford had an atrocious game, and the offense actually only put up 17 points up.

Bradford, for all that he was as a Ram, and for all that he is as an Eagle, is exactly who we thouht he was. Someone who simply can not keep up woth the speed of the NFL, who doesn't have the talent to justify him starting for any team, even one as poorly built as the Eagles.

Spinluck

Pagano cried after the colts win

Luck and Lowery saved his job.

Also one of our Guards Hugh Thorton was having an absolutely shit game and had like 6 penalties called against him. At one point he started crying and Luck came over to try and calm him down, and he pushed Luck away...

Draxal

At times Roman gets too cute with the playcalling, but I've always liked the guy. My buddy is a huge Niners fan, all he did was bitch about Roman, as did most of the fanbase, but I saw it like the Arians situation with Steeler fans.

Man, I wish he was our head coach at Pway.

Milchjon

Luck and Lowery saved his job.

Also one of our Guards Hugh Thorton was having an absolutely shit game and had like 6 penalties called against him. At one point he started crying and Luck came over to try and calm him down, and he pushed Luck away...

Wat

I'm not as impressed by Denver as other people. Their D is great though.

Peyton looks old.

I think it'll come down to the D harassing Peyton often, force mistakes out of him, and Norv coming up with an offensive gameplan that can chip away at Denver's D and maybe wear them out. Stay away from their damn secondary. It's a tall order, but if the Vikes want to get any respect they need to get some road wins against above average teams. That starts in Denver.

I say the Vikes give Chuck Johnson about two more games- then give Diggs a shot as a starter. At this point I'd take Johnson out over a guy like Thielen. Diggs could end up being something special. He's explosive- and unlike Patterson, he can actually run routes. :p

Top Bottom