• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Pepiope

First time he's playing football in 2 years and he's doing it with a new team and a new system. Bradford didn't look great, but he looked better than he did in weeks 1 and 2. He deserves time to settle in and gain chemistry with the team. If he's still playing at this level week 8, then we have a problem.

Line_HTX

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ESPN

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones continues to dominate.

His 12 receptions, 164 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday were the latest in a string of three straight amazing games.

Through three games, Jones has 34 receptions for 440 yards and four touchdowns. That’s a 181-catch, 2,346-yard, 21-touchdown pace.

Luck and Lowery saved his job.

Also one of our Guards Hugh Thorton was having an absolutely shit game and had like 6 penalties called against him. At one point he started crying and Luck came over to try and calm him down, and he pushed Luck away...
Will they raise a banner for this game

LevelNth

Banned
These gifs start a tad late to see just how bad these throws are, but trust me, they are completely inexcusable.

A rookie would be scorned. A 5th year player is just a whole other level.

kap6.0.gif

kapp6.0.gif

First time he's playing football in 2 years and he's doing it with a new team and a new system. Bradford didn't look great, but he looked better than he did in weeks 1 and 2. He deserves time to settle in and gain chemistry with the team. If he's still playing at this level week 8, then we have a problem.

No the fuck he did not look better. He looked like broken, slow Sam Bradford.

God damn, it's like when I had to keep telling Rams fans to stop hyping this piece of garbage up. He was necer going to be anything but subpar. He never had any chance of being a decent QB. Trying to justify someone who reads defenses slower than Tom Brady's 40 time is nonsense.

eznark

Banned

Wow you have gone full kas, not even watching the games now too. Well done.

BTW Cam Newton calling out refs after not being old enough thing, I feel like he is going to get the short end of the stick for future NFL games especially any crucial ones.
Even though what he said was true.

In Dave Wannstedt's fifth season, the 2004 Dolphins started 0-7 and he was fired. In 2011, Tony Sparano started 4-9 and was relieved of his duties during his fourth year. Mind you, Wannstedt won the Dolphins' last playoff game and had a career mark in Miami of 43-33. Sparano was a more mundane 29-33, but also made the playoffs once. Joe Philbin is now 24-27.

Line_HTX

These gifs start a tad late to see just how bad these throws are, but trust me, they are completely inexcusable.

A rookie would be scorned. A 5th year player is just a whole other level.

kap6.0.gif

kapp6.0.gif

Wow, was Squidward Kaepertaint just staring that route the whole time? I thought he was good at progressions and looking for other receivers.

Man, that desperation. Wanting Cassel to play...

He caught his own pass, even Brady has not accomplished such a feat.

At least he has a better hangtime punt than Rottenburger.

Crisco

Banned
BTW Cam Newton calling out refs after not being old enough thing, I feel like he is going to get the short end of the stick for future NFL games especially any crucial ones.
Even though what he said was true.

I feel like it could go either way. While refs do tend to circle the wagons for their own, the NFL also has a trust issue after the whole cheaters winning the Super Bowl thing, not to mention the ongoing criticism over player health. If he does start getting calls going against him, it won't be on late hits, it'll be on stuff like PI or offensive holding.

Colasante

LcEoUvR.png

According to PFF, the Patriots have the best run-blocking line in the league. I didn't see that coming with three rookies on the interior.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wow, was Squidward Kaepertaint just staring that route the whole time? I thought he was good at progressions and looking for other receivers.

At least he has a better hangtime punt than Rottenburger.

The second one he rushed because he was about to be hit, I don't think he had time to look at another receiver. That said, he keeps trying to keep plays alive rather than just throw the ball away.

But yeah, that game was very Schaub-esque. At least SF can let him go with little financial hit!

LcEoUvR.png

According to PFF, the Patriots have the best run-blocking line in the league. I didn't see that coming with three rookies on the interior.

Playing against the Jags likely helped a great deal in that regard.

Spinluck

Celene Deion Sanders said that when Luck is due his contact he should walk into the front office, and go full LeBron and demand what coaches he wants and what changes he wants. The other guys on NFLN said that Luck isn't that type of guy and he fired back that Luck should become that type of guy. And if they don't like it then he should walk. I'm guessing he doesn't realize that we have Luck pretty much locked up. He'll be here throwing punts for most if not all his career.

Prime pls

Greg pls

Ez is watching

Spinluck

The second one he rushed because he was about to be hit, I don't think he had time to look at another receiver. That said, he keeps trying to keep plays alive rather than just throw the ball away.

But yeah, that game was very Schaub-esque. At least SF can let him go with little financial hit!

Playing against the Jags likely helped a great deal in that regard.

So lucky, I wish we played the Jags once or twice a year.

ampere

LcEoUvR.png

Lewis is doing a good job, but obviously he's not alone :p

I really liked that sick block where Gronk took down two defenders and made an easy lane into the end zone for Lewis.

How he wasn't fired after the bullying scandal for clearly having 0 control over his team is beyond me

gutshot

My god you are an insane person. Foles has put up 6 points the last 2 weeks against bad defenses. He is terrible. Bradford had no turnovers against a defense that was forcing 5 a game. The back catch 2 perfectly thrown balls and Sams stats would be totally different. The throw to Nelson was bad but that was really the only one. The Eagles put up 24 on the best defense in football and are only 1 game out of first. Be happy.

The Rams offense is a dumpster fire. Even Aaron Rodgers would struggle to score points within that system.

Vick, Foles and Sanchez have all looked better than Bradford has in Chip's system. Bradford makes one read and then dumps it off. He can't throw it more than 20 yards downfield with any accuracy. He doesn't ever pull it on read-options or packaged plays, letting the defense just tee off on the RB. So why exactly did we give up a young, cheap QB and a 2nd round pick for this dude?

Huh? His completion percentage and yardage totals have all gone down each week. If it was just a case of him shaking off the rust and/or getting familiar within the system, he should be improving each week, instead he is regressing.

Colasante

Going to be interesting to see what they do when Stork comes back.

I'd keep riding the hot hand with David Andrews. He's played every snap the first three games and hasn't given up any major pressures. At the very least, they'll have a great rotation at center and guard for the rest of the season.

Celene Deion Sanders said that when Luck is due his contact he should walk into the front office, and go full LeBron and demand what coaches he wants and what changes he wants. The other guys on NFLN said that Luck isn't that type of guy and he fired back that Luck should become that type of guy. And if they don't like it then he should walk. I'm guessing he doesn't realize that we have Luck pretty much locked up. He'll be here throwing punts for most if not all his career.

Prime pls
Luck should follow that advice and come to Denver after Peyton goes to Tennessee.

The Jets were nowhere near the best defense in football, Bradford had an atrocious game, and the offense actually only put up 17 points up.

Bradford, for all that he was as a Ram, and for all that he is as an Eagle, is exactly who we thouht he was. Someone who simply can not keep up woth the speed of the NFL, who doesn't have the talent to justify him starting for any team, even one as poorly built as the Eagles.

You guys are so ridiculous. No turnovers against a team that was forcing 5 a game, a team that destroyed Luck the week before. Bradford gets the ball out so fast, it is such a joy to watch after watching that fucking garbage Foles the last 3 years. Obviously there are things he could do better, but if not for a missed field goal the Eagles could be tied for the division lead even with all the OL problems. Bradford has played well enough for his team to win twice, and this is him learning a new system after missing most of 2 years. If he can stay healthy things are definitely looking up.

eznark

Banned
You guys are so ridiculous. No turnovers against a team that was forcing 5 a game, a team that destroyed Luck the week before. Bradford gets the ball out so fast, it is such a joy to watch after watching that fucking garbage Foles the last 3 years. Obviously there are things he could do better, but if not for a missed field goal the Eagles could be tied for the division lead even with all the OL problems. Bradford has played well enough for his team to win twice, and this is him learning a new system after missing most of 2 years. If he can stay healthy things are definitely looking up.

Easy to get the ball out fast when you only throw it 4 yards and don't care much if they are complete (50% completion).

He was awful. There is no getting around it.

Matt Stafford is infuriating to watch.

I can't think of a QB who has been coddled and given more than Stafford. This entire new coaching staff was brought in specifically to take him to the next level. We've spent multiple first and second round picks on offense specifically for him. Jahvid Best, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Broyles, Titus Young, Eric Ebron, Ameer Abdullah. Golden Tate in free agency.

Granted some of those dudes were trash but still. No matter what he's given the product is always the same. Empty yards and average to bad QB play.

eznark

Banned
I can't think of a QB who has been coddled and given more than Stafford. This entire new coaching staff was brought in specifically to take him to the next level. We've spent multiple first and second round picks on offense specifically for him. Jahvid Best, Mikel Leshoure, Ryan Broyles, Titus Young, Eric Ebron, Ameer Abdullah. Golden Tate in free agency.

Granted some of those dudes were trash but still. No matter what he's given the product is always the same. Empty yards and average to bad QB play.

Andy Dalton, that's about all I can think of. They're super similar too.

Top Bottom