• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Easy to get the ball out fast when you only throw it 4 yards and don't care much if they are complete (50% completion).

He was awful. There is no getting around it.

I disagree. If the back catch those 2 passes and he has 80 more yards and another TD suddenly he has a really good game. You are just being your normal ridiculous self.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's amazing how in the last 24 hours, I've seen a litany of excuses made for Bridgewater, Stafford, and Bradford (Tannehill also?). Pretty much the same general reasons given for all three as well (offensive line, receivers, GM, coaching, new system, etc. etc.)

Andy Dalton, that's about all I can think of. They're super similar too.

I don't agree. Dalton is nowhere near as cavalier with the ball as Stafford is.

I disagree. If the back catch those 2 passes and he has 80 more yards and another TD suddenly he has a really good game. You are just being your normal ridiculous self.

I'm confused Yankee. You hated Foles for less and they won like 10 games with him.

It's amazing how in the last 24 hours, I've seen a litany of excuses made for Bridgewater, Stafford, and Bradford (Tannehill also?). Pretty much the same general reasons given for all three as well (offensive line, receivers, GM, coaching, new system, etc. etc.)

Who is making excuses for Bradford? I said I was happy with how he played, that isnt excusing anything unless you think pointing out that he hasnt played much in 2 years and is playing in a new system is "making excuses" Did someone really try abd defend Staffords play last night? Guy was terrible and threw that horrible pick when they still had a chance to win.

I'm confused Yankee. You hated Foles for less and they won like 10 games with him.

I hated Foles because he was garbage and I cant stand the way he plays. Guys would be open underneath all the fucking time but he would force passes down the field into coverage. I think Foles really held the team back, lets see where Bradford is at the end of the year, maybe he will be bad but there are definitely bright spots so far. Plus Foles would have lost that game yesterday for sure, you could never count on him in games like that.

eznark

Banned

57% completion and 4.2 YPA is not a "really good game" unless you had to use your emergency QB or punter or something.

Dalton throws a pick on 3% of this throws. Stafford on 2.8% of his throws.

:jnc

Funny how you use drops to defend Bradford but won't use that same reasoning for Foles after Cook and Kendricks dropped some really fucking easy passes when they were open for big plays.

Also, you keep forgetting that this is Bradford. It's what he's always been and it's what he always will be, a couple of dropped passes won't change the fact that he's garbage. You can go full Kas with talk of systems and two year breaks but at the end of the day he's the same guy who looked worse than Shaun Hill in St. Louis.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Random thoughts from yesterday.

I would like to welcome the Texans secondary to the 2015 season, particularly Jonathon Joseph. Nice of you to show up.

Mallet improved from last week, he looked a little more relaxed yesterday. He was 9/13 on 3rd down, 7 of which went for first downs.

Nate Washington is killing me, he had another 1 or 2 drops yesterday and the one "he lost in the lights" might as well be a drop, that ball was perfect and would have been a touchdown or very least a first and goal at the 5.

My freaking kingdom for even a mediocre special teams. I mean c'mon.

Amazing job by the Oline coach and whoever slapped Blue around this wee, he looked much more decisive this week, instead of dancing around in the backfield or running into the back of his oline men.

That Bears Seahawks game was atrocious to watch, and I have no f'ing clue what the league is doing with replay. That ball clearly bounced off the seahawks players ankle. Horrible call.

Sucks about Big Ben they were playing well with Antonio Brown.

And finally I think its time for my yearly obligatory parity in the NFL doesn't exist speech. Once again the teams with the elite QBs are dominating and there were a shitload of blowouts yesterday.

gutshot

You guys are so ridiculous. No turnovers against a team that was forcing 5 a game, a team that destroyed Luck the week before. Bradford gets the ball out so fast, it is such a joy to watch after watching that fucking garbage Foles the last 3 years. Obviously there are things he could do better, but if not for a missed field goal the Eagles could be tied for the division lead even with all the OL problems. Bradford has played well enough for his team to win twice, and this is him learning a new system after missing most of 2 years. If he can stay healthy things are definitely looking up.

http://gfycat.com/LonelyOddGreendarnerdragonfly

http://gfycat.com/BitesizedFrankErin

http://gfycat.com/SpottedThirdDassie

Such a joy to watch.

:jnc

Funny how you use drops to defend Bradford but won't use that same reasoning for Foles after Cook and Kendricks dropped some really fucking easy passes when they were open for big plays.

Also, you keep forgetting that this is Bradford. It's what he's always been and it's what he always will be, a couple of dropped passes won't change the fact that he's garbage. You can go full Kas with talk of systems and two year breaks but at the end of the day he's the same guy who looked worse than Shaun Hill in St. Louis.

6 points against 2 of the worst defenses in football. Unless his receivers are dropping every pass that is just terrible. I bet the Eagles score more then 6 points this week against the Redskins. Man I cant believe your shitty front office gave Foles a huge contract, enjoy the next few years.

jmdajr

Since the AFL-NFL merger, only one team has made the playoffs after starting 0-4. The San Diego Chargers finished 11-1 in 1992 to accomplish that feat

6 points against 2 of the worst defenses in football. Unless his receivers are dropping every pass that is just terrible. I bet the Eagles score more then 6 points this week against the Redskins. Man I cant believe your shitty front office gave Foles a huge contract, enjoy the next few years.

:jnc The cognitive dissonance is astonishing

Forget the next few years though, I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks as you struggle to find ways to defend Bradford continuing to stink up the joint.

Oh yeah, cheers for the second round pick.

Are the Steelers 1 of those 2? They've only allowed 6 TDs on the season and 4 of those were to the Asterisks.

edit: Steelers are 6th in the league in points against.

Line_HTX

Hmm... should I do this, Houston people? Also, that Watt face... :Jnc

CP_y_BiWgAA3K9P.jpg:large

lol it's over already for Miami.

How do y'all take this every week? I also don't think it's completely over for you yet. Who knows, y'all might get on a winning streak.

Respect

I'd keep riding the hot hand with David Andrews. He's played every snap the first three games and hasn't given up any major pressures. At the very least, they'll have a great rotation at center and guard for the rest of the season.

Considering the nature of Storks injury and how well Andrews is playing, there is not need to rush him back. Hopefully doesn't become a situation like Mike Wright, he seemed like he was becoming a good interior pass rusher before his concussion.

Any team ever come back from 0-4?

Houston Oilers started 0-4 and then won 12 straight...ended up getting a bye week, but then lost to the Montana lead chiefs, think that was the last time.

EDIT: I was wrong, Houston started 1-4, the 92 charges were the last team to come back from an 0-4 start.

:jnc The cognitive dissonance is astonishing

Forget the next few years though, I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks as you struggle to find ways to defend Bradford continuing to stink up the joint.

Oh yeah, cheers for the second round pick.

Cant wait to see your FO waste that pick and you guys have nothing from this trade.

Are the Steelers 1 of those 2? They've only allowed 5 TDs on the season and 4 of those were to the Asterisks.

Yes. I saw the game against the Pats and read Bionics posts about how terrible the Steelers D is this year.

eznark

Banned

Stats vs. common (awful, awful, awful) opposing defense

36/52 69% 336 yds 1 TD 2 INT 6.5 YPA 9 YPC

22/26 85% comp 232 yds 0 TD 1 INT 8.9 YPA 10.5 YPC

Which is Bradford which is Weeden? Which do you think is better?

Clockwork5

I've got the day off. So what am I supposed to do for the next 8 hours?!??

Of course I would enjoy watching the Chiefs win tonight but I could stomach a loss. This will be a tough road game but our schedule gets considerably easier moving forward, especially if the Chargers continue to shit the bed. If defense shows up and Charles doesn't go fumble crazy i think the Chiefs have a good shot. I really wish Sean Smith was playing though, Fleming does not belong in the NFL. Oh well.

Hoping for a good game, I like the packers even in spite of the fact that a large portion of my ex girlfriends are from Wis.

Yes. I saw the game against the Pats and read Bionics posts about how terrible the Steelers D is this year.

Bionic thinks everything but Ben is terrible with the Steelers.

We don't know what the Steelers D is since The Niners and Rams are garbage but so far they're one of the top 10 teams in the league on defense.

Hmm... should I do this, Houston people? Also, that Watt face... :Jnc

How do y'all take this every week? I also don't think it's completely over for you yet. Who knows, y'all might get on a winning streak.
Does JJ actually deliver the pizza? Otherwise this is false advertising.

These gifs start a tad late to see just how bad these throws are, but trust me, they are completely inexcusable.

A rookie would be scorned. A 5th year player is just a whole other level.

kap6.0.gif

kapp6.0.gif

Kap had his buttfumble game (or maybe it'll be against GB). I'm not sure he can ever bounce back from this. The only silver lining here is that he can be cut without without any cap hits.

LevelNth

Banned
I was honestly still hoping to be in the excuse phase by Week 4 with Kap, but yesterday was too much.

I've never been as happy about his easily-bailed-out-from contract as I was this morning. Still think it's possible he'll be our QB next season as well though.

Stats vs. common (awful, awful, awful) opposing defense

36/52 69% 336 yds 1 TD 2 INT 6.5 YPA 9 YPC

22/26 85% comp 232 yds 0 TD 1 INT 8.9 YPA 10.5 YPC

Which is Bradford which is Weeden? Which do you think is better?

yawn. Bradford was great in the 2nd half of the game against the Falcons and should have won, he is also coming back from missing 2 years. Weeden has a much better OL in front of him, in fact everyone would say it is the best in the NFL. This is not even close to an apples to apples comparison. We will see where Bradford is at the end of the year but all things considered I was happy with yesterday. Sorry that bothers you so much.

jmdajr

Kap had his buttfumble game (or maybe it'll be against GB). I'm not sure he can ever bounce back from this. The only silver lining here is that he can be cut without without any cap hits.

Wow. Two Matt Schaubs in one day.

edit: also NFL.com hurt my feelers

1. The win aside, Houston remains a black hole on offense and it starts with Ryan Mallett. The Texans starter made a rash of throws, but he's inexcusably sloppy. Mallett was lucky that his first-quarter fumble -- recovered by the Bucs -- was wiped out by a flag. He quickly gave the ball back to Tampa, though, with an ugly second quarter pick, highlighting a first half that saw the Texans come away with zero points on drives that started at the Tampa 38, 34 and 25. Mallett's 5.8 yards per attempt lands him squarely in the Gabbert Zone -- exactly what we've come to expect from this up-and-down passer.

gutshot

What's funny is how many Eagles fans are convinced Bradford is a good QB based off of one quarter of preseason play. Yet his career numbers and entire regular season so far has shown he is average at best and bottom third at worst. What makes you Bradford supporters so sure he's going to all of a sudden transform into a quality QB?

What's funny is how many Eagles fans are convinced Bradford is a good QB based off of one quarter of preseason play. Yet his career numbers and entire regular season so far has shown he is average at best and bottom third at worst. What makes you Bradford supporters so sure he's going to all of a sudden transform into a quality QB?

LOL at the 2nd half against the Falcons being average at best. It is funny to me how quickly you want to just give up on a guy. What gives me hope is that Chip actually made a garbage QB like Foles look decent, if he can get blood out of that stone then hopefully he can get Bradford playing well. It is 3 games and Bradford really should be 2-1. The Eagles play in the worst division in football, be happy.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

1. The win aside, Houston remains a black hole on offense and it starts with Ryan Mallett. The Texans starter made a rash of throws, but he's inexcusably sloppy. Mallett was lucky that his first-quarter fumble -- recovered by the Bucs -- was wiped out by a flag. He quickly gave the ball back to Tampa, though, with an ugly second quarter pick, highlighting a first half that saw the Texans come away with zero points on drives that started at the Tampa 38, 34 and 25. Mallett's 5.8 yards per attempt lands him squarely in the Gabbert Zone -- exactly what we've come to expect from this up-and-down passer.

ugly second quarter pick? The ball was tipped at the line by a guy jumping at least 3 feet in the air and another guy making a great diving play to catch it.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 29m29 minutes ago
Coughlin said Ayers and Owa both moved around well but need to get through a full week of practice.

It'd be good to get Owa out there. Even if its just limited snaps for the rookie. The pass rush needs all of the help that it can get.

cdyhybrid

#Pray4Mech

eznark

Banned
yawn. Bradford was great in the 2nd half of the game against the Falcons and should have won, he is also coming back from missing 2 years. Weeden has a much better OL in front of him, in fact everyone would say it is the best in the NFL. This is not even close to an apples to apples comparison. We will see where Bradford is at the end of the year but all things considered I was happy with yesterday. Sorry that bothers you so much.

As long as you are willing to come out and say the only difference between Brandon Weeden and Sam Bradford is a good offensive line, I'm a happy man.

I was honestly still hoping to be in the excuse phase by Week 4 with Kap, but yesterday was too much.

I've never been as happy about his easily-bailed-out-from contract as I was this morning. Still think it's possible he'll be our QB next season as well though.

You know what really bothers me? Why is it that in 2015, our GM still drafts to build teams that stop the run and run the ball like it's 1975 football..

http://www.mercurynews.com/marcus-thompson/ci_28887586/thompson-this-is-who-49ers-really-are?source=rss

Thought this was pertinent...excerpt

After Sunday's blowout, Tomsula said they had a good week of practice, and that the team was prepared. This whole 40-point destruction thing seemed to be a surprise to him.

"We've got to play better defense," Tomsula said when asked his concerns about his defense. "We've got to play better offense, play better special teams. Play better everything."

Poor vision trickles down.

The 49ers are now grasping for answers. They're not just overmatched but are being outworked and appear to be quitting.

Even the coaching staff could be accused of loafing Sunday. The game plans seem to highlight their players' weaknesses instead of their strengths. The scheme is predictable for fans, so you know opposing coaches are all over it.

The offense is built around power running even though the offensive line doesn't get much push, and the passivity of the play calling is allowing opposing defenses to tee off.

Down 21, the 49ers punted on fourth and 2. Down 28, and facing a third and 20, they ran a 2-yard out pattern to Anquan Boldin. After Kaepernick threw his second interception, the 49ers willingly became one-dimensional and stopped passing.

It felt as though they'd quit. If Kaepernick can't run the offense they think will win, take him out. But as long as he is in there, they should be calling plays to win the game, not to avoid mistakes. And losing teams at least need to go down swinging, not try to mitigate the damage.

On defense, they played soft in coverage, relying on zone defense. Of course, that scheme relies on meticulous execution and discipline -- not usually the trademarks of a unit with so much youth and newness.

Several times, the 49ers had a linebacker start on Larry Fitzgerald, an All-Pro receiver. That linebacker would then release Fitzgerald to a teammate, and the teammate wasn't there.

Fitzgerald finished with 134 yards receiving and two touchdowns. Once, linebacker NaVorro Bowman threw his hands up in confusion and frustration while chasing down Fitzgerald.

As long as you are willing to come out and say the only difference between Brandon Weeden and Sam Bradford is a good offensive line, I'm a happy man.

Right now, sure. Bradford is out of sync with the wideouts, and the OL has been terrible which hurts things. Lets see where Bradford is in a few weeks though.

Top Bottom