• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's gonna be real shitty when the Ravens lose to Charlie Batch on Thursday.

ms2pJRF.jpg

Line_HTX

“I thought it was better," O'Brien said. "I think he’s a tough-minded guy. I think the more he plays, the better he’ll get. I think he understood how we wanted to manage the game better today."

BoB talking about Ryan Mallet.

This is for NFL.com for even putting Blaine Gabbert in the same sentence, same tier as Ryan when Blaine is clearly worse:

V8c1NxF.gif

Pepiope

Well, yeah. If he looked good, they wouldn't have a chance to get him. You don't find quality QBs available for trade or in free agency. You have to take a chance on a guy as a reclamation project.

Kinda what they did with Bradford only Kaep's skill set actually fits the system that Chip should be running.
What evidence do you have that points to Kaep being the QB that Chip needs for this system?

Nick Foles, easily the slowest of the 4 QBs who have played in this system (Vick, Sanchez, Bradford), has had the most success with Chip.

Chip needs an accurate passer who can make decisions quickly. Kaep isn't that.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tyrod Taylors don't grow on trees. Sometimes you have to stick with your Staffords and Kaepernicks because there just isn't anything better out there.

LevelNth

Banned
You know what really bothers me? Why is it that in 2015, our GM still drafts to build teams that stop the run and run the ball like it's 1975 football..
Because stopping the run is imperative to winning, and running takes pressure off of QB's that can't handle the whole load themselves.

I will never understand Niner fans who think Baalke is the problem. He's the best thing we have going right now.

Gully State;180173122[URL="http://www.mercurynews.com/marcus-thompson/ci_28887586/thompson-this-is-who-49ers-really-are?source=rss" said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/marcus-thompson/ci_28887586/thompson-this-is-who-49ers-really-are?source=rss[/URL]

Thought this was pertinent...excerpt
Again, not worried. Young, new DC, there's going to be a learning curve. Blowout or 1 point loss, it's still a loss.

Well, yeah. If he looked good, they wouldn't have a chance to get him. You don't find quality QBs available for trade or in free agency. You have to take a chance on a guy as a reclamation project.

Kinda what they did with Bradford only Kaep's skill set actually fits the system that Chip should be running.
The trade definitely makes sense. For the Niners. Please do it Chip.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just worry. It concerns me when performance quality drops after getting AP back.

Yeah I was mostly including Bridgewater in that list because I was mostly making a general observation about seeing a lot of the same excuses for a lot of quarterbacks and, statistically, someone is blowing smoke out of their ass. Just felt like there are a lot of blameless struggling quarterbacks out there suffering under a lot of hardships right now!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not even going to lie I'm near my wits end with the Browns.

You guys know me, I'll be here hell or high water but I haven't EVER been this discouraged about this team.

I'm tired of the regime changes, the constant failures, players regressing, have absolutely ZERO playmakers on either side of the ball because our GM is so risk averse.

I won't jump ship, I'm stuck here for eternity but it just stinks and I haven't even been a fan for a decade yet. Yes I know shame circle and all but at least the other teams give me a shred of optimism or give me something to cling on to.

Joe Thomas is pretty much all I have and at this point I'd have no problem with them trading him away from this cesspool and putting him on a real team who can give him the championship he deserves.

rando14

You guys know me, I'll be here hell or high water but I haven't EVER been this discouraged about this team.

I'm tired of the regime changes, the constant failures, players regressing, have absolutely ZERO playmakers on either side of the ball because our GM is so risk averse.

I won't jump ship, I'm stuck here for eternity but it just stinks and I haven't even been a fan for a decade yet. Yes I know shame circle and all but at least the other teams give me a shred of optimism or give me something to cling on to.

Joe Thomas is pretty much all I have and at this point I'd have no problem with them trading him away from this cesspool and putting him on a real team who can give him the championship he deserves.

SPBuMWe.gif

*hugs kave

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Damn already at this?

not_a_single_f.gif

Sanjuro

I was first suspect when they unveiled those awful uniforms.

Zeke

No one to blame but yourself kave. You picked to root for that team. Can't even use the born into it excuse. Anyway there's always next season!

jbug617

Banned

You can squicken during the bye week.

Tyrod Taylors don't grow on trees. Sometimes you have to stick with your Staffords and Kaepernicks because there just isn't anything better out there.
The fact that this statement can be made semi-non-ironically in the year 2015 makes me very happy. And these days I need every bit of happiness I can scavenge up.

Respect

giphy.gif

Trey

Claim your true and honest and talented team: the Buffalo Bills.

Bears: Punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt

How bad was it for the Chicago Bears today?

Their 10 possessions went punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt.

We're able to go back to 1980 and can tell you that it's the first time a team has punted on every possession in a game within that time.

The shutout by the Seahawks snaps the Bears' streak of 194 straight games without getting shut out, what had been the sixth-longest active streak in the NFL.

The Bears’ 105 points is their most allowed through the first three games of a season since allowing 111 in 2003.

Their starting quarterback, Jimmy Clausen, is now 1-11 as a starter for his career. He ran an offense that netted 48 passing yards for the game.

giphy.gif

I'm with you Kave :(

gutshot

What evidence do you have that points to Kaep being the QB that Chip needs for this system?

Nick Foles, easily the slowest of the 4 QBs who have played in this system (Vick, Sanchez, Bradford), has had the most success with Chip.

Chip needs an accurate passer who can make decisions quickly. Kaep isn't that.

Only that Kaep has more athletic ability than any QB Chip has had yet in the NFL and that those types of QBs always excelled in his offense at Oregon. I mean, I'm not saying it's a slam dunk he would work here, just that he might be worth a flyer.

We're going to have to try something this offseason because "the accurate passer who can make decisions quickly" they traded for is clearly not working out.

Jets really beat themselves yesterday. Watched some of it. Mathews had a good game but aside from a few big plays, that Eagles' offense still needs work. They should really be 0-3.

Trey

It's not as fun when Browns fans have no fire. I guess all that rooting for the Bills to fail last year couldn't sustain them in light of their own team's failures, but even they don't deserve McCown. Unleash manziel. Save (salvage) your season.

I will never understand Niner fans who think Baalke is the problem. He's the best thing we have going right now..

I don't completely hate Baalke but when you list the guys that were the cornerstone of the 49ers during the Harbaugh years, Gore, Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, etc.. - most of those guys were drafted by McCloughan.

Pepiope

Only that Kaep has more athletic ability than any QB Chip has had yet in the NFL and that those types of QBs always excelled in his offense at Oregon. I mean, I'm not saying it's a slam dunk he would work here, just that he might be worth a flyer.

We're going to have to try something this offseason because Bradford clearly is not working out.
I think we need more than 3 games to decide that the QB is clearly not working. He did play against the Jets yesterday, a team that has forced 10 turnovers the past 2 games, and have a well above average CB tandem. If he sucks 8 weeks in, we have a problem, right now, we don't. Luckily enough, the entire NFC East sucks, so we can afford to watch this play out without killing the season.

I mean, it reads funny and all but the only realistic alternative would have been a mix of punts and turnovers.

That's true and even more depressing. It was either a slow and gradual death march, or an embarrassing execution punctuated by a couple of terrible interceptions and/or fumbles. Fox did what Fox does and opted for the slow, miserable death march.

Trey

I think we need more than 3 games to decide that the QB is clearly not working. He did play against the Jets yesterday, a team that has forced 10 turnovers the past 2 games, and have a well above average CB tandem. If he sucks 8 weeks in, we have a problem, right now, we don't. Luckily enough, the entire NFC East sucks, so we can afford to watch this play out without killing the season.

You have a problem now. if he sucks 8 weeks in you'll have a some choices to make, namely top ten draft prospects.

Top Bottom