• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

CQAsfj-W8AA3yNg.jpg

eznark

Banned
well, actually, my first point was "this is what happens when you only look at stats and not the play"

Sorry, but you cannot sit there and tell me that Mallet isn't better than Gabbert. I saw him play at least 2 times a year for his very brief time in Jacksonville.

Great, their stats are similar. The difference being Gabbert looked fucking lost the vast majority of the time. Mallet does not.

No one in the Texans fan base is pretending he's great. He's been average at best, so far and there is hope for improvement. His two wins he's had greater than 60% completion percentage. His two losses he's had less than that.

We're not Yankeehater over here defending Sam fucking Bradford. I stated in that post Mallet needs to get better. Otherwise he's going to find himself in another QB competition next year with a first round draft pick.

he's better and looked better than brian hoyer, and that's really all I care about right now cause those are the only two options since Savage is on IR.

Full disclosure, I have not watched yesterday's Houston game at all, maybe he was amazing. Twitter reactions make that unlikely to me.

In every other start, he has looked exactly as bad as Gabbert (who had a few good games, he was not completely awful in 2012) and Gabbert never had Nuk or a genius coach like BoB.

Do I think Mallett can be better than Gabbert? Maybe. I don't think he'll ever be CLEARLY better than Gabbert and currently he is playing at exactly Gabbert level.

I think Mallett is complete and utter garbage.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
What would Ryan Mallet look like in Jacksonville?

Glad he has the most successful game in his career under his belt.

19-9 over the Bucs.

Can only play the schedule given, you see any Texans fans jumping for joy they beat the bucs? No, I didn't think so. But his best game was probably the Browns game last year. omg he's started 4 freaking games.

captive

Full disclosure, I have not watched yesterday's Houston game at all, maybe he was amazing. Twitter reactions make that unlikely to me.

In every other start, he has looked exactly as bad as Gabbert (who had a few good games, he was not completely awful in 2012) and Gabbert never had Nuk or a genius coach like BoB.

Do I think Mallett can be better than Gabbert? Maybe. I don't think he'll ever be CLEARLY better than Gabbert and currently he is playing at exactly Gabbert level.

I think Mallett is complete and utter garbage.

Who has said he's looked amazing? Really, show me. All Texans fans have ever said is he's our best option between Hoyer and himself, and that we hope maybe he can become good or really good.

Gabberts pocket presence was awful, Mallet does not have that problem. Gabbert would like scramble or exit the pocket when no one was there and then stand there and take a big hit when someone was coming.

Sanjuro

Can only play the schedule given, you see any Texans fans jumping for joy they beat the bucs? No, I didn't think so. But his best game was probably the Browns game last year. omg he's started 4 freaking games.

Was Mallett clearly better than Winston the other day?

I get what you are saying. I have no malice towards the guy, hope he works out for you. There just is no clear cut way of saying he is drastically better when even you are admitting he has only started four games.

well, actually, my first point was "this is what happens when you only look at stats and not the play"

Sorry, but you cannot sit there and tell me that Mallet isn't better than Gabbert. I saw him play at least 2 times a year for his very brief time in Jacksonville.

Great, their stats are similar. The difference being Gabbert looked fucking lost the vast majority of the time. Mallet does not.

No one in the Texans fan base is pretending he's great. He's been average at best, so far and there is hope for improvement. His two wins he's had greater than 60% completion percentage. His two losses he's had less than that.

We're not Yankeehater over here defending Sam fucking Bradford. I stated in that post Mallet needs to get better. Otherwise he's going to find himself in another QB competition next year with a first round draft pick.

he's better and looked better than brian hoyer, and that's really all I care about right now cause those are the only two options since Savage is on IR.

he was successful yesterday. And he was successful on third down, so there goes that argument of "not successful in any area of the game"

Are you fucking serious? Bradford was the first overall pick, he has been injured and he was stuck on a terrible St. Louis team throughout his career. No one knows if he will ever be able to be good or not, it is three games into his Eagle career. You also say no one is pretending he is great but mech has been talking him up like crazy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Are you fucking serious? Bradford was the first overall pick, he has been injured and he was stuck on a terrible St. Louis team throughout his career. No one knows if he will ever be able to be good or not, it is three games into his Eagle career. You also say no one is pretending he is great but mech has been talking him up like crazy.

Dude, it's his 6th year. At some point the excuses have to stop. He's already played longer than most NFL players ever did or will. There is enough tape on the guy to make an accurate assessment of his abilities.

captive

Was Mallett clearly better than Winston the other day?

I get what you are saying. I have no malice towards the guy, hope he works out for you. There just is no clear cut way of saying he is drastically better when even you are admitting he has only started four games.

Well, obviously i'm going by what I've seen. And in the 4 games I've liked what I saw with regards to getting the ball out, he seems to have a command of the offense, the up tempo offense, checks at the line. I've already pointed out several areas he needs to get better. His receivers need to help him out too though, in the last two starts they've had over 10 drops or so.

Winston looked pretty good, they had a good game plan doubling and tripling JJ and getting the ball out quick. They couldn't run the ball at all which would help a young guy out immensely. He stood in there and took the hits and delivered the ball, his receivers didn't help him out either and the Texans DBs made some good plays.

eznark

Banned
Who has said he's looked amazing? Really, show me. All Texans fans have ever said is he's our best option between Hoyer and himself, and that we hope maybe he can become good or really good.

Gabberts pocket presence was awful, Mallet does not have that problem. Gabbert would like scramble or exit the pocket when no one was there and then stand there and take a big hit when someone was coming.

Did I say someone said he looked amazing?

Gabbert was bad, no doubt, don't have to convince me. Though much of that was his insanely abysmal line. He was pressured on like 25% of drop backs in 2013. Mallet stinks too.

captive

from out of fucking no where. Yea and in case you haven't figured it out, you shouldn't take mech seriously, he's like a half serious :kas.

captive

Did I say someone said he looked amazing?

Gabbert was bad, no doubt, don't have to convince me. Though much of that was his insanely abysmal line. He was pressured on like 25% of drop backs in 2013. Mallet stinks too.

Ok, that's your opinion. I'm glad you shared it, mine differs. He's had four starts and i'm not ready to write him off after four starts. You have to remember, I've seen David Carr and a Schaub implosion, I know bad QB play when I see it.

Tom Penny

every Brady throws a TD, a deluge of wack ass "check the balls!" jokes are made

Let's all pretend everyone wasn't waiting for Brady to look like shit to break out the lame jokes but instead Brady has started off shitting on the first 3 defenses he's played against.

Greg

when you say no one...

Let's all pretend everyone wasn't waiting for Brady to look like shit to break out the lame jokes but instead Brady has started off shitting on the first 3 defenses he's played against.
I mean it took them how many years to get busted for deflating balls?

who knows what new cheat they have installed this season!

Pepiope

Dude, it's his 6th year. At some point the excuses have to stop. He's already played longer than most NFL players ever did or will. There is enough tape on the guy to make an accurate assessment of his abilities.
He's 3 games into a new system. Give him a break. You're speaking as if players can't turn their careers around once they go to a new team.

He was injured, his team sucked in St. Louis, he had a bunch of different OCs. This is a wait and see approach with Sam here in Philly.

Zeke

Guys Brandon Weeden is a good qb he was stuck on some really shitty teams. This the first time since middle school he's had the same OC two years in a row. It's only his second year in this system give him time. He's gonna turn it around and lead us to the promise land!

Sanjuro

Guys Brandon Weeden is a good qb he was stuck on some really shitty teams. This the first time since middle school he's had the same OC two years in a row. It's only his second year in this system give him time. He's gonna turn it around and lead us to the promise land!

Is Brandon Weeden clearly better than Gabbert?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's 3 games into a new system. Give him a break. You're speaking as if players can't turn their careers around once they go to a new team.

He was injured, his team sucked in St. Louis, he had a bunch of different OCs. This is a wait and see approach with Sam here in Philly.

Six years. Six years people have been waiting and seeing. "Oh but he was injured." "Oh he had no weapons." "Oh, he had a new OC" "Oh he's in a new system."

Wait and see. Well, we've waiting and we're seeing. People will still be making excuses for the guy after he retires.

Wasn't he in middle school like 25 years ago?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Six years. Six years people have been waiting and seeing. "Oh but he was injured." "Oh he had no weapons." "Oh, he had a new OC" "Oh he's in a new system."

Wait and see. Well, we've waiting and we're seeing. People will still be making excuses for the guy after he retires.

It'll be like cashman with Colt McCoy.

Is Brandon Weeden clearly better than Gabbert?

:jnc

This is a new thread meme I can get behind.

captive

The Falcons defense sure made him look elite for a good chunk there.

LJ11

I'm personally waiting for the A Football Life story. "What could have been."

Top Bottom