• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Not sure how you could possibly determine this for a D-lineman, even watching All 22, without knowledge of the play calls. How the hell could you know what his gap assignments were?

I’m not privy to defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle’s play calls; it’s possible Suh drifted off script a time or two. But there was absolutely no negative evidence of this on film. In fact, Suh was the key component of a Dolphins’ run defense that was very stellar against zone concepts.

I really think the Fins messed up giving Suh so much money. He seems like one of those guys that will just disappear for long stretches I still remember the snow game against the Eagles and Shady running wild. Suh was getting pushed off the line like he was a little kid that game.

DMczaf

tlkXejK.gif

Hindl

I really think the Fins messed up giving Suh so much money. He seems like one of those guys that will just disappear for long stretches I still remember the snow game against the Eagles and Shady running wild. Suh was getting pushed off the line like he was a little kid that game.

To be fair, the snow game was a weird circumstance. Defenders couldn't get traction to plant and turn around. Remember we weren't getting anything going until Cary Williams just said to run it down their throat since as a corner he was having trouble turning when they had to chase whoever had the ball

To be fair, the snow game was a weird circumstance. Defenders couldn't get traction to plant and turn around. Remember we weren't getting anything going until Cary Williams just said to run it down their throat since as a corner he was having trouble turning when they had to chase whoever had the ball

That is true. I was just surprised that a big strong guy like Suh would get manhandled so easily but our small quick OL.

6) I think Texans head coach Bill O’Brien jumped the gun by replacing Brian Hoyer with Ryan Mallett after one week. I thought this after watching the Texans’ Week 1 film against the Chiefs, and I still think it after seeing their Week 2 film against the Panthers. Hoyer had a few costly mistakes in the opener (still no idea what he was throwing at on that first interception), but he was accurate and played on script the rest of the time. Mallett, on the other hand, really struggled with ball placement in the first half against Carolina. Precision accuracy has been his bugaboo since entering the league. He sharpened a bit in Sunday’s second half but had a bad interception to A.J. Klein when he misestimated a matchup-zone coverage. The Texans don’t have a lot of talent offensively; they must win through play design. Hoyer gives them the better chance to execute their designs.

:mech

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh wow, thanks ez for bring some sense and reason into the McCown discussion.

I was expecting to come into here putting out fires.

The Seahawks are lucky Kam ended his hold out. They need all the help they can get this week. Jimmy will take no prisoners. Look into the face of your destroyer, Seattle.

jimmy%20clausen%20black%20eye.jpg

Jimmy Clausen will have his revenge on Seattle.

What I've learned about Suh already is that the media is out to bury him and smear his name as soon as possible. First the garbage about the Alfred Morris "kick", now this mysterious report that has been aggressively denied by both the HC and DC when they could have just deflected. I get that Suh has done some dirty stuff but it's still absurd how badly everyone wants to either smear his name or further the ridiculous notion that he's Haynesworth 2.0.

Suh hasn't done a lot but he's not the real problem with the defense, plus we're only two weeks in.

Spinluck

texans fans wish they had the GOAT ryan fitzmagic right now.

Ryan struggled moving the ball against practice squad corners after Luck gifted the best field position he could ask for. Score should've been 45-7.

That being said, Texans would've probably found a way to bail our shit performance out and gift us a W.

Gore and AJ are on a Luck smear campaign after calling him the God of Football. They are trying to overrated him like the press, and make him look terrible.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

doesn't really matter who is at QB with that offensive line they had on Sunday. Throwing almost 60 times with Hoyer or Mallet is not a recipe for success, they simply couldn't run the ball. The Texans lead the league last year in rushing attempts, so far through two games they lead the league in passing attempts. A guy we traded for a few weeks ago was playing left tackle, the right tackle was playing left guard, the right tackle's knee blew up mid game. If Su A filo can come back and play left guard, Newton can move back to right tackle and Duane Brown needs to get healthy. With Newton and Brown playing their actual positions week 1 they ran for 4.7 yards a carry against the Chiefs. And of course getting Foster back healthy will help too.

Mallet's receivers also had 7 or 8 dropped passes, which didn't help much. There was also several miscommunications where the receiver went one way the and the ball went another, so whoever's fault those were, Mallet and the receivers need to get on the same page.

The difference between the two though, Hoyer took 4 sacks, Mallet took one I think, only because he ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. Hoyer was holding the ball too long, he really looked lost or trying too hard to make a big play. For Mallets accuracy issues, the ball was out quickly.

If Mallet sucks, he sucks but I'd rather watch him play and see what he can do than go with Hoyer.

FTF

Colts Pats game should be skipped this year. Gonna be sad when the Jags game is more competitive with Blake Bottles at QB

It won't be that bad...They have a few weeks to right the ship, Colts will be home, Luck will be able to move the ball on Pats and put points on the board, keeping it to perhaps a single digit win by the Pats.

Nialrot

Texan fans if you could go back to the 2014 draft would you of still drafted Clowney or went the QB route (I.e. Bortles, Teddy, Carr)?

Kind of crazy when you realize how little depth this team has. Oh well, time for Devante to have 150 yards and 2 TDs.

Yup, I said it all off-season how we had no depth outside of Dline and WR; if we lost anyone at CB/LB/O-line we were fucked and look at us two weeks in. This is the biggest reason I was against getting Suh, we didn't address CB/LB or Oline at all and already had depth at Dline. I hope the Bills embarrass us so bad for our home opener in Ross' shiny new stadium maybe he'll get the hint.

Oh wow, thanks ez for bring some sense and reason into the McCown discussion.

I was expecting to come into here putting out fires.
I mean it might be reasonable but does the decision really make you feel good about the state of the team? Obviously I've been a manziel fan but I'm not blind to his problems or the state of our qb situation. As of now the Browns as a organization are in a constant state of mediocrity, until we strike luck or make some changes.

Personally at the point were I really don't even care for Farmer to draft for us again

Also Mccown is pretty much set up to be booed out of town the first mistake he makes. And with the reckless abandon he plays with .......

captive

Texan fans if you could go back to the 2014 draft would you of still drafted Clowney or went the QB route (I.e. Bortles, Teddy, Carr)?

I wanted Bortles, and I really thought they were going to draft him given some of the connections between O'Brien and Bortles college coach. If they didn't draft Bortles 1 overall, I wanted them to trade down and get more picks.

I panned the Clowney pick, even got on the air on 610 sports radio to pan the pick! Guess the only team in the last 15 years to draft a defensive linemen/pass rusher with the over all number 1 pick? The Texans, and guess what, they've fucking done it twice.

jmdajr

I wanted Bortles, and I really thought they were going to draft him given some of the connections between O'Brien and Bortles college coach. If they didn't draft Bortles 1 overall, I wanted them to trade down and get more picks.

I panned the Clowney pick, even got on the air on 610 sports radio to pan the pick! Guess the only team in the last 15 years to draft a defensive linemen/pass rusher with the over all number 1 pick? The Texans, and guess what, they've fucking done it twice.

Mario Williams has had a decent career. People were pissed we didn't take VY though.

captive

Mario Williams has had a decent career. People were pissed we didn't take VY though.

he's on pace to likely make the hall of fame.

But in todays NFL you don't win superbowls without an elite QB or a QB capable of playing at an elite level for 3 or 4 games in the playoffs.

A lot of comes down to timing, like if Luck came out one year later or so(my memory is failing me), he could be a Texan right now. But there was no consensus QB in that draft like Luck was in his.

Zeke

So now the league only wants one team in LA? I still think rams get LA with sd and oak being sol. Stans pockets are just too deep. I'm not buying owners blocking the move either. Al set that precedent when he went to LA the first time.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
he's on pace to likely make the hall of fame.

But in todays NFL you don't win superbowls without an elite QB or a QB capable of playing at an elite level for 3 or 4 games in the playoffs.

A lot of comes down to timing, like if Luck came out one year early, he could be a Texan right now.

Colts woulda just sucked a year earlier.

Sanjuro

So now the league only wants one team in LA? I still think rams get LA with sd and oak being sol. Stans pockets are just too deep. I'm not buying owners blocking the move either. Al set that precedent when he went to LA the first time.

Just bring back the LA Xtreme and call it a day.

Top Bottom