• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

BigAT

Johnny Fucking Clipboard returns:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Brown say Josh McCown, cleared will start Sunday

Such disrespect.

j8OfvlS.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good good.

That is the opposite of what Josh McCown is. 17-33 career record as a starter. Had 18 turnovers in 11 games last season going 1-10 in the process. Has been in the league for 13 years and played for 10 different teams including a team that isnt even in the NFL. Outside of a one month stint playing with the Bears he has never at any point been good.

That is the opposite of what Josh McCown is. 17-33 career record as a starter. Had 18 turnovers in 11 games last season going 1-10 in the process. Has been in the league for 13 years and played for 10 different teams including a team that isnt even in the NFL. Outside of a one month stint playing with the Bears he has never at any point been good.

No, it's good that the team didn't overreact to a good game by JFF after several terrible ones without seeing what McCown can do. He had the starting gig for a reason. If he has several terrible starts, sure, give the kid a shot again, but first let McCown show what he's got.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No, it's good that the team didn't overreact to a good game by JFF after several terrible ones without seeing what McCown can do. He had the starting gig for a reason. If he has several terrible starts, sure, give the kid a shot again, but first let McCown show what he's got.

This makes no sense at all. Let McCown show what hes got? He's been in the league for 13 years. He's not any good. He sucks. The Browns aren't going anywhere this year. Even from Pettine's perspective I really don't get it. 6-10 with McCown as the starter means hes fired. 6-10 with Manziel as the starter and showing some progress means hes got a better shot of keeping his job.

What is the best case scenario this year for the Browns now? They go a few games under .500 with a 36 year old QB who has no future with the organization? They would have to spend a 1st rd pick on a QB anyway - if you really think Manziel sucks that bad you might as well start tanking now and giving him an actual shot in the process.

Hammer24

Banned
If he has several terrible starts, sure, give the kid a shot again, but first let McCown show what he's got.

I totally get that JFF needs a humbling experience, but holding the clipboard for McCown is like having to wipe Charles Manson´s ass as community service for a drug violation.

Flat unplayable
Because the Browns have so much to lose.

Might as well give the young guy a chance to grow. What's the team's ceiling this year with McCown?

Because McCown is such an unknown...

This makes no sense at all. Let McCown show what hes got? He's been in the league for 13 years. He's not any good. He sucks. The Browns aren't going anywhere this year. Even from Pettine's perspective I really don't get it. 6-10 with McCown as the starter means hes fired. 6-10 with Manziel as the starter and showing some progress means hes got a better shot of keeping his job.

What is the best case scenario this year for the Browns now? They go a few games under .500 with a 36 year old QB who has no future with the organization? They would have to spend a 1st rd pick on a QB anyway - if you really think Manziel sucks that bad you might as well start tanking now and giving him an actual shot in the process.

So you're saying that some teams should not believe going into a season that they can win enough games to maybe make the playoffs or go at least .500?
Obviously the Browns believe they can make it happen with McCown as the starting QB (I can't) and he's the better QB apparently. So you're telling me the better QB should sit, just because we haven't seen a guy play enough yet?
While McCown might not be a great QB, he's been in the league for over a decade, so he's doing something right.

You want to risk throwing away a complete season because you're not starting your best line-up at the start of the season. What kind of thinking is that. If JFF would've shown enough last season and during training camp, he would've started the season. But he didn't.

eznark

Banned
Give Manziel a chance to grow!!!!!!!!

Rodgers is only successful because he had three years to learn!!!!!

Manziel isn't ready to be an NFL quarterback. So don't make him be an NFL quarterback.

Sephzilla

I'd honestly start Johnny Fumble over Josh McCown.

With Johnny Fumble we still don't really know if he has untapped potential. With McCown we absolutely know he's a black hole of potential. I don't think holding a clipboard and watching an awful QB play is going to make a noticeable difference in Manziel's career.

Give Manziel a chance to grow!!!!!!!!

Rodgers is only successful because he had three years to learn!!!!!

Manziel isn't ready to be an NFL quarterback. So don't make him be an NFL quarterback.
Okay, fine. I agree that he's probably not ready. That said, don't act like sitting in GB behind Favre is even remotely equivalent to sitting in Cleveland behind Josh McCown.

At the end of the day I guess this argument is pointless, I don't see Manziel developing into a solid NFL starter.

Fox318

I love how they are trying to make Kam look like a marter.

He fucking caved because he was losing money and he probably lost the support of the locker room.

eznark

Banned
Okay, fine. I agree that he's probably not ready. That said, don't act like sitting in GB behind Favre is even remotely equivalent to sitting in Cleveland behind Josh McCown.

At the end of the day I guess this argument is pointless, I don't see Manziel developing into a solid NFL starter.

You're right. McCown is probably an infinitely better resource than Favre was.

Zeke

And then they went on to win the Superbowl.
Hey don't give hawk fans any crazy ideas. You can't compare the two teams situations. One was a coke and hooker fueled monster of a team the other has a qb that claims recovery water is legit.

brentech

I really don't know if McCown or Manziel is better than the other at this very moment.
But if we're talking about growth, I just don't believe that Manziel as a human being contains the right mentality to learn as a backup. Seems like the kind of guy that would mentally check out while standing on the sideline.

I also believe that if McCown couldn't be successful with the weapons in Tampa....I don't see him being any more successful in Cleveland.
Maybe I'm wrong and Manziel is the perfect understudy, but as far as I know, it sure doesn't seem like it.

Weirder things have happened and it will all probably settle itself in one or two weeks time. Not a lot to lose.

Fox318

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 27m27 minutes ago
As of now, Kam Chancellor owes the Seahawks about $2.1 million in fines/forfeitures. We'll see if agent Alvin Keels can get that reduced.

2015 salary

He lost almost half of his salary in fines and I'm not sure the Seahawks should cave in.

2015 salary

He lost almost half of his salary in fines and I'm not sure the Seahawks should cave in.
They'll cave in so far as the fines are concerned or at the very minimum they'll reduce them significantly. Doubt they'll do anything on the contract side for him outside of maybe adding some semi-attainable escalators for bonus money for appearances sake.

I just find it completely unbelievable that, given all the blathering that has gone on about Rodgers and Favre over the last decade that the fact that Favre essentially ignored Rodgers hadn't crossed your radar.
You can learn from more than direct communication.

Whatever, if you think learning behind McCown in Cleveland is more beneficial to a QB than learning behind Favre in GB, considering all factors, we should just stop this discussion.

Sephzilla

I just find it completely unbelievable that, given all the blathering that has gone on about Rodgers and Favre over the last decade that the fact that Favre essentially ignored Rodgers hadn't crossed your radar.

And yet Rodgers still appeared to learn from Favre just by watching him (Rodgers does some pretty identical Favre-esque stuff while still avoiding a lot of the bad Favre traits). What in the blue hell is Manziel going to learn from watching Josh McCown that he wouldn't learn by just playing? Also the idea that someone would learn more from backing up Josh McCown than Brett Favre is straight up crazy talk.

Fox318

They'll cave in so far as the fines are concerned or at the very minimum they'll reduce them significantly. Doubt they'll do anything on the contract side for him outside of maybe adding some semi-attainable escalators for bonus money for appearances sake.

Seahawks have a ton of players wanting money or that have big deals.

They signed him to a 4 year deal and he's complaining about year 2.

If guys want money hit Free agency or trust your skillset like Revis.

Top Bottom