• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Rushing yards per game isn't as important as yards per attempt so it's maybe not inherently bad but it's a sign of a very one dimensional offense which is usually a bad thing. Tannehill is not Aaron Rodgers, he needs a little help.

The running game has been letting him down in a few major ways. The first is negative plays or very short yardage gains, setting up 2nd or 3rd and long. The second is failed attempts on short yardage situations which has killed quite a few drives.

I'm looking everywhere for a site that tracks 3rd/4th and 1 (or 3rd/4th and short) but I can't find one. I can't imagine the Dolphins rate highly in that category during the Philbin era, and that is a problem.

This is off the top of my head but I seem to recall a stat that shows we did poorly on short yardage, but Miller did great when given the ball. The problem? We throw or don't give it to Miller on short yardage. I'll see if I can find it.

Kinda cool that she replied.

The Tannehills are a model family

Should put Mrs Tannehill in at QB

Only if she wears the womens football unis.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I mean it might be reasonable but does the decision really make you feel good about the state of the team? Obviously I've been a manziel fan but I'm not blind to his problems or the state of our qb situation. As of now the Browns as a organization are in a constant state of mediocrity, until we strike luck or make some changes.

Personally at the point were I really don't even care for Farmer to draft for us again

Also Mccown is pretty much set up to be booed out of town the first mistake he makes. And with the reckless abandon he plays with .......

Why would now make you feel any different about the state of the team versus a month ago or 3 months or 5 months?

Going into the season we all knew it was McCown as the starter and that QB would be a dumpster fire for us.

Johnny isn't ready and it's not like he's going to factor into the decision on if they draft a QB in the spring.

The narrative that we need to see what we got now is stupid and is exactly how this franchise has continued to fail when it comes to drafting QBs.

Gigglepoo

I'm showing my age here but I agree with starting McCown. I don't believe that most QBs are NFL ready coming out of college (and by "most" I mean "none of them are NFL ready"), and I think it's valuable to let them sit on the bench and learn. It can be discouraging to play poorly, and you can quickly develop bad habits by doing so. It doesn't matter that McCown is a career journeyman; letting Johnny watch games, and study diligently through the week, will help him be a better QB long term.

BigAT

I almost feel bad for the Eagles but damn it's almost like every criticism made about the Eagles in the offseason has come true.

Byron Maxwell is only good in a system....

Demarco Murray was only good because of Dallas's offensive line..

Bradford? lol

etc.

Bradford is an unknown! If he stays healthy, the Eagles offense will be prolific.

Bradford is an unknown! If he stays health, the Eagles offense will be prolific.

No one in the universe could have known that the same offensive line as last year would suddenly fall apart like this. Bradford was phenomenal in the 2nd half against the Falcons. Hopefully if they find a way to block for him he can get back to that.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
No one in the universe could have known that the same offensive line as last year would suddenly fall apart like this. Bradford was phenomenal in the 2nd half against the Falcons. Hopefully if they find a way to block for him he can get back to that.

this word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

eznark

Banned

The same line?

Gigglepoo

I still don't understand why the Seahawks had to throw Max Unger into the deal to get Jimmy Graham. How is a first round pick not enough to get a one-dimensional, past-his-prime tight end? Last week, Mayes and Barnwell guessed Kam Chancelor was worth a third round pick, and he's much more valuable.

Brandon Marshall went for a 5th! Seahawks got hosed.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
good news for the eagles run game

@brookob
DeMarco Murray left practice with a hamstring injury. More running woes for Eagles.

I mean, I never want to expect too much from the Jets but man, Murray hobbled and Bradford at QB really makes it tough.

Fox318

@brookob
DeMarco Murray left practice with a hamstring injury. More running woes for Eagles.

TL7o0ht.gif

gutshot

I feel like you guys are making a much bigger deal out of this Murray "injury" than necessary. Only reason we even know about it is because he was scheduled to speak today and the Eagles had to cancel it and give some sort of reason. Several players said they didn't even realize he had been "injured". Pretty sure it is nothing.

Crisco

Banned
I still don't understand why the Seahawks had to throw Max Unger into the deal to get Jimmy Graham. How is a first round pick not enough to get a one-dimensional, past-his-prime tight end? Last week, Mayes and Barnwell guessed Kam Chancelor was worth a third round pick, and he's much more valuable.

Brandon Marshall went for a 5th! Seahawks got hosed.

Not even, the Bears 7th round pick was part of the deal so basically they traded Marshall to move up two rounds at the back end of the draft. Panthers could have used him.....

Gigglepoo

I feel like you guys are making a much bigger deal out of this Murray "injury" than necessary. Only reason we even know about it is because he was scheduled to speak today and the Eagles had to cancel it and give some sort of reason. Several players said they didn't even realize he had been "injured". Pretty sure it is nothing.

He had 392 carries last year and has a history of being hurt. It's not a matter of if.

EDIT -- 436 carries. He had 44 in his two playoff games.

Not even, the Bears 7th round pick was part of the deal so basically they traded Marshall to move up two rounds at the back end of the draft. Panthers could have used him.....

I repeat: The Seahawks got hosed.

Zeke

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I understand keeping your hope alive and all but bro Bradford was never the answer. He will never be a teams answer like ever. He's as good as he's ever gonna be this is his ceiling.

Juicy Bob

I know I'm three days late, but I've finally caught up with the Eagles v Cowboys game from Sunday.

Fucking hell. That was embarrassing. Dismal.

Everything about the offence this year feels like a downgrade.

Sorry for Cowboys fans that Romo did his shoulder in. No one wants to see that.

gutshot

He had 392 carries last year and has a history of being hurt. It's not a matter of if.

Maybe so. But I don't think this is the injury you are all are waiting (hoping?) for.

Crisco

Banned

Eh, it's only 2 games, and Graham is 28 years old. He's one of those guys who can completely fuck up a defensive game plan if he gets going, so I'm not gonna say they got hosed yet. The problem with Graham on the Seahawks is they aren't a high volume passing team and there's only one ball. His numbers there will probably never reach what they were in NO because of that alone.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I understand keeping your hope alive and all but bro Bradford was never the answer. He will never be a teams answer like ever. He's as good as he's ever gonna be this is his ceiling.

What is his celling the 2nd half against the Falcons, or the whole game against Dallas? My guess is it is somewhere in between. I just hope it is closer to what he did against the Falcons.

What is his celling the 2nd half against the Falcons, or the whole game against Dallas? My guess is it is somewhere in between. I just hope it is closer to what he did against the Falcons.

All he was doing in the second half of the Falcons game was still dinking and dunking. Nobody believes that he can go down the field which allows teams to cheat and stuff your running game. Not a good sign going forward.

That sounds great to me. That is literally all I would ever want out of a QB. Sadly that is far beyond Nick Foles capabilities.

:jnc

Enjoy getting dicked on all year with your dream QB then.

boban can you play today?

Dunno about tonight, I'm about to advance it but we'll have till Saturday night to get our game done. I'll probably be a little busy during the day time tomorrow but after that I will hopefully be free to play any time.

ACE 1991

I know I'm three days late, but I've finally caught up with the Eagles v Cowboys game from Sunday.

Fucking hell. That was embarrassing. Dismal.

Everything about the offence this year feels like a downgrade.

Sorry for Cowboys fans that Romo did his shoulder in. No one wants to see that.

Really is starting to look like the NFL has figured out Chip's scheme :(

I mean, I completely agree with people about Bradford not being a record beating QB and whatnot, but how are you going to use either of those games to point to the fact that all he can do is throw quick slants and short passes? There weren't any WRs open down the field for him to throw to. The only truly horribly egregious mistake I saw him make was that interception in the endzone, although that was pretty stinking bad. Half of his interceptions came off tipped balls that should have been catches.

All he was doing in the second half of the Falcons game was still dinking and dunking. Nobody believes that he can go down the field which allows teams to cheat and stuff your running game. Not a good sign going forward.

Considering just about everyone here seems to think he's completely inept as an offensive coach and doesn't know what he's doing this probably won't mean much, but Chip Kelly says literally the opposite of this. Teams don't fear the running attack, because it's not executing on any level, so they can get by with no safety help in the running game, making it much harder for receivers to get open. And they haven't been open. It has nothing to do with not believing he can't go down the field and has everything to do with the fact that they don't need any help up front so they can do whatever they want in the secondary, at least according to Chip.

Giants update for tomorrow:

CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie is ruled out for Thursday as expected.
WR Victor Cruz is also out.
DE Owa Odiggy is ruled out with a continuing foot issue.
TE Jerome Cunningham is ruled out.
DT Markus Kuhn us ruled out.

LT Erek Flowers is doubtful (i.e. he's not playing)
DE Robert Ayers is questionable (I'm betting he plays)
LB Jon Beason is probable.

Gigglepoo

I mean, I completely agree with people about Bradford not being a record beating QB and whatnot, but how are you going to use either of those games to point to the fact that all he can do is throw quick slants and short passes? There weren't any WRs open down the field for him to throw to. The only truly horribly egregious mistake I saw him make was that interception in the endzone, although that was pretty stinking bad. Half of his interceptions came off tipped balls that should have been catches.

Those weren't Bradford's first two games. He's been in the league for years already. He has one of the lowest YPA in the league for a reason.

Giants update for tomorrow:

And I'm still picking the Giants., I'm bad at picks.

I'm using his entire Rams career where he missed wide open guys as often as he hit them if asked to pass more than 15-20 yards downfield.

squicken

@brookob

Murray carried his own share of the blame with the run game. If you watch the first series you see him hesitate and miss some lanes to run. He'll be more missed in pass protection

Top Bottom