• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

cdyhybrid

FieldGulls thinks Ray Lewis' influence played a significant part in getting Kam back with the team.

What an upstanding, role model of a man. Ravens-Hawks alliance remains strong.

So the whole thing was completely pointless? Why'd he even do it?

He thinks he's outplaying his contract, so he wants more money. Pretty standard stuff, and probably would have been successful if 1) it weren't so early in his current contract, and 2) the team hadn't just shelled out a bunch of money for Russell and Bobby.

I just don't want him rushing back if he's not where he should be. If he needs some extra time fine might as well get it now. Like I said the back half of the schedule is going to be far more important than what's going on now.

Well considering that they didn't put him on short term IR when they could have means they were expecting him back earlier than 8 weeks. After the bye would be 6 weeks so it fits right into that timeframe. And winning that Giants game would be huge. Would put us 3-0 in the division. And put us on the inside track for tiebreaking purposes.

He thinks he's outplaying his contract, so he wants more money. Pretty standard stuff, and probably would have been successful if 1) it weren't so early in his current contract, and 2) the team hadn't just shelled out a bunch of money for Russell and Bobby.
No I get all that. I mean what is the point of holding out this long and going back with nothing to show for it, especially when the Seahawks are 0-2 and the defense is struggling. What did all that trouble do for him?

I just don't see why you come back now without getting your way (or at least a compromise), seems like he was pot committed.

eznark

Banned
Jesus Manziel has been sacked on 11% of his drop backs this year?! So every time he drops to pass, given the PFF tweet from earlier, there is a 25% chance that he will get sacked or turn the ball over.

Amazing.

Jesus Manziel has been sacked on 11% of his drop backs this year?! So every time he drops to pass, given the PFF tweet from earlier, there is a 25% chance that he will get sacked or turn the ball over.

Amazing.
I would assume those numbers overlap some.But still... that's ugly.

bionic77

I just want to send out a preemptive fuck you to the fantasy assholes who are going to complain that Deangelo is stealing Bell's carries or TDs.

Bell Steelers nation welcomes you back with open arms!

Sanjuro

What other option did he have? Dont think the Colts would trade Luck. Supposedly he offered a huge package for Mariota. Should he have just given up and not tried?

I defended the trade as largely a moot point. I figured Chip saw some intangibles that would have allowed Bradford to be more successful in his scheme in the short term than Foles.

I did also note, that he was digging his own grave either way. He shouldn't have long to live at the HC position.

Sephzilla

Amazing.

I used to get super frustrated when I felt Aaron Rodgers took too many sacks earlier in his career. Reading this post had a temporal effect that made me suddenly not care about any of that stuff in the past.

Zeke

Well considering that they didn't put him on short term IR when they could have means they were expecting him back earlier than 8 weeks. After the bye would be 6 weeks so it fits right into that timeframe. And winning that Giants game would be huge. Would put us 3-0 in the division. And put us on the inside track for tiebreaking purposes.
I could see losing the next giants game especially if Cruz is back for that one. I feel like we have a better shot at taking the eagles matchup. If it shakes out that way 3-1 in the division isn't shabby either.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eagle's main problem is a team that isn't built right. Wasting all of those resources on Mariota would have just exasperated the problem.

cdyhybrid

So does 1 man make that Seattle defense instantly better?

Guess the Bears will find out....

Bears will be crushed

Kam would be an upgrade for sure, especially with regards to his experience and calling out defensive signals, but there are bigger issues than just him being gone. Mainly our lack of a consistent pass rush and people continually getting open underneath.

No I get all that. I mean what is the point of holding out this long and going back with nothing to show for it, especially when the Seahawks are 0-2 and the defense is struggling. What did all that trouble do for him?

I just don't see why you come back now without getting your way (or at least a compromise), seems like he was pot committed.

Ah, I dunno. I expected him to stay out until Week 10, when he'd have to come back to have this year count for his current contract.

Guessing he either had a change of heart, got tired of losing money, or felt that it wasn't a winnable battle.

I could see losing the next giants game especially if Cruz is back for that one. I feel like we have a better shot at taking the eagles matchup. If it shakes out that way 3-1 in the division isn't shabby either.

Yeah either one, is fine. Being 3-1 in the division with everyone healthy heading into those two late season skins games should be the goal. Then grab another win or two against the the NFC South while Romo is out and we should be in decent shape.

Mudcrab

I'd rather Brees sit out this Sunday honestly. We'll probably lose either way but at least he could rest up that rotator cuff for his SNF QB duel with Weeden/Cassel.

The Post has a great breakdown of the Skins running game for those interested. Good reading for Giants fans in particular. The defense thus far this year has actually been quite good in the run defense department but they'll need to be great on the edge against this team.

Check it out here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dskins-three-tight-end-sets-against-the-rams/

First, we’ll look at the Redskins bread and butter over the past few seasons. This is the zone stretch game. Washington lines up all three tight ends to the right side of the formation, but runs away from the tight ends. I generally don’t like teams that bring in multiple tight ends to run the ball, as it brings more defenders into the box. But the Redskins block this play just about as well as you can ask.

Left tackle Trent Williams kicks out the defensive end, while left guard Shawn Lauvao and center Kory Lichtensteiger work together to block the defensive tackle. Rookie right guard Brandon Scherff works up to the second level to block the Mike (middle) linebacker, while right tackle Morgan Moses has to deal with defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Scherff works up to the second level a little bit too quickly. Normally, his punch to the shoulder of the defensive tackle would be enough to slow the defender down enough for Moses to reach the block. However, Donald is as athletic as they come, and the punch doesn’t slow him down at all. Moses struggles to contain Donald from blowing up the play.

Outside of that, the rest of the play is blocked perfectly. Lauvao helps secure Lichtensteiger’s block before working on to the linebacker. Williams seals the edge, giving Alfred Morris an easy first read. On the back side of the run, tight end Anthony McCoy cut-blocks a linebacker while tight end Derek Carrier gets play side of the defensive end and seals him off.

Pictures and more at the link.

Bread

Banned
Fuck jury duty.
image.php

Miracle

So does 1 man make that Seattle defense instantly better?

Guess the Bears will find out....

Bears will be crushed

Revis has seemed to make the Jets defense much better. Than again maybe the Jets made other transactions in the offseason I wasn't aware about that also changed the Jets dynamic.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Post has a great breakdown of the Skins running game for those interested. Good reading for Giants fans in particular. The defense thus far this year has actually been quite good in the run defense department but they'll need to be great on the edge against this team.

Check it out here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dskins-three-tight-end-sets-against-the-rams/

Pictures and more at the link.

Beat me to it.

I am very nervous about being able to control the edges like you said. Need this W.

Top Bottom