• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

No shit both of those guys have their jobs on the line right now. Going on past history with Suh those reports are more probable than not.
"There was a report that Ndamukong Suh was freelancing out there on the field," Philbin said during Monday's press conference. "I just watched the entire tape with the entire defensive staff. I didn't see anything of the sort. So I'm not sure where that came from."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheFatOne

Ohh Ravens had a really awesome play for a TD against the Raiders this past week Check it out.

rave.0.gif

There was something about this play that looked oddly familiar though.

4ol.0.0.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably a case of my own bias. Since I'm not a fan of Suh, and think he is wildly overrated. Still not going to believe Philbin.

eznark

Banned
WAS @ NYG NFCEast lol
CIN @ BAL Dalton
OAK @ CLE Defense
NO @ CAR No Brees
ATL @ DAL No Romo
TB @ HOU I sincerely feel bad for anyone who has to watch this game. Home team I guess
IND @ TEN AFC South lol
JAC @ NE *
SD @ MIN Rivers gonna tear open dat scrotum
PHI @ NYJ Only fun game this week. Can't wait!
PIT @ STL Literally no idea
SF @ ARI Arians Nation
BUF @ MIA 12-4
CHI @ SEA No Cutler
DEN @ DET May change my pick to Detroit if Stafford is too hurt to play

KC @ GB Because McCarthy is too stupid to rest starters

Kiko Alonso with a partially torn ACL, likely done for the year.

Who could have seen this coming???

Man that sucks so much. Guy is so talented but his knees are totally fucked. I am really glad that Chip at least tried to make moves to improve the team, sucks that this one didnt work out.

So, being as objective as possible here, does anyone here think that the Eagles are just straight hosed this season, or can things turn around in any meaningful capacity? I' was so damn excited for this team and they've fallen flat more spectacularly than anyone on earth could have predicted. For me it all starts with that porous offensive line. I feel like if that gets resolved even somewhat, the offense will come alive (holes for Murray, more confidence for Bradford and time in the pocket).

If the guards play better then they can definitely turn things around on offense. The D has been much improved so far this year, but they dont have anyone that can replace Kiko. Losing him is a crushing blow. Hicks cam in a played okay for a rookie, had a few nice plays but also got picked on.

Man that sucks so much. Guy is so talented but his knees are totally fucked. I am really glad that Chip at least tried to make moves to improve the team, sucks that this one didnt work out.

If the guards play better then they can definitely turn things around on offense. The D has been much improved so far this year, but they dont have anyone that can replace Kiko. Losing him is a crushing blow. Hicks cam in a played okay for a rookie, had a few nice plays but also got picked on.

It's good he blew up a decent offense and turned them into a joke

They do look similar, but it's not quite the same. Harbaugh and the Ravens petitioned for a rule change so that ineligible receivers have to line up in the tackle box now, so plays like the Patriots pulled off aren't even legal anymore.

Which is really dumb if you ask me. They get burned by perfectly legal plays within the rules and afterwards they ask to change the rules.

It's good he blew up a decent offense and turned them into a joke

It is better to have at least tried to build a winner then settle for mediocrity. The defense is actually vastly improved so far through 2 teams, so a lot of his moves did work out. The offense isnt working because the guards is the worst in nfl history, but you cant blame Chip for that. Both guys played a bunch last year and were fine.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Pagano seems like he is on that Scorched Earth policy right now. Could not believe he had the guts to say that about Luck.

Unless you're talking about another comment, I think that comment was more a shot at Grigson than Luck.

Pagano then got cruel, noting that Zionsville High could beat the Colts with all those mistakes on offense. Then he delivered the coup de grace. Maybe it was unintentional, but this is what Pagano said about all the turnovers, about Andrew Luck's poor play:

"It's not that hard – it's not trigonometry."

Luck majored in architectural design at Stanford. That's a math-based major. Not saying Pagano was specifically mocking.

Just saying. Maybe he was.
:jnc

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...l-andrew-luck-making-bad-team-worse/72407940/

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I feel bad both for Kiko and Eagles fans. I said during last year that Kiko reminded me of a bigger Bob Sanders, but (hopefully) without the injury problems. That's back to back season ending injuries. That really sucks because if he could be healthy, he's a potential great.

Sorry jabee and Co.

bionic77

Scorched earth policy works against Mark Sanchez or a scrub qb.

Trying that with a franchise qb?

You may as well pack your bags.

It is not hard to find a mediocre head coach in the NFL.

Its almost impossible to get a franchise qb.

Nice knowing you Chuck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pagano seems like he is on that Scorched Earth policy right now. Could not believe he had the guts to say that about Luck.

If they lose to the Titans they almost have to fire him. Looking at the Colts schedule, they can easily be 3-2 in a few weeks which wouldn't be too awful since they play AFC South teams the next three weeks. If they drop any of those three games, I think they're done for the year because even if they sweep the AFC South, 8-8 is a strong possibility.

TheFatOne

Unless you're talking about another comment, I think that comment was more a shot at Grigson than Luck.

Yea you have to read the other comments as well to come to this conclusion. It wasn't about Luck at all it was about Grigson. Out of context it looks like a shot at Luck, but when you read the other comments it's a pretty clear shot at Grigson.

Rest of comment said:
Pagano noted that the Colts "can't turn the damn ball over," which is the most agitated I've seen Pagano in almost a full calendar year. When someone in the media tried to give Luck an out, asking Pagano if his quarterback is under too much pressure behind a leaky offensive line, Pagano refused to go along.

"He has been dealing with that for three years now," Pagano said, saying what I was saying earlier:

captive

Scorched earth policy works against Mark Sanchez or a scrub qb.

Trying that with a franchise qb?

You may as well pack your bags.

It is not hard to find a mediocre head coach in the NFL.

Its almost impossible to get a franchise qb.

Nice knowing you Chuck!
I told you guys last night that he probably wants to get fired.

Yea you have to read the other comments as well to come to this conclusion. It wasn't about Luck at all it was about Grigson. Out of context it looks like a shot at Luck, but when you read the other comments it's a pretty clear shot at Grigson.
yea. the "offensive line has sucked for three years now" comment, total shot at Grigson.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ohh Ravens had a really awesome play for a TD against the Raiders this past week Check it out.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tvw5ODhs_9iKHd89xyTeoP-0x9I=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4084128/rave.0.gif[img]

[img]https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1bF4TCXoiPajuKDapTEouqIn3EI=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4084154/4ol.0.0.gif[img]

[/QUOTE]

Colts ran one like that last night too. What was the actual rule change? The ineligible receiver can't be split out wide?

It's not that Suh is overrated. He's really great at what he does. The problem is that...that's all he does. He has the bullrush and that's it. Each offseason he trains by himself and it's mainly weight/power stuff. So come game time if he can't beat the double team+other shit teams do to stop him=he disappears.

Am I wrong Eznark? I watched him disappear too many times against the Packers and other good teams. Obviously we miss him on the field but I'm fine with us not paying him a fortune. My problem is that we could have drafted Aaron Donald and instead took a TE.

jmdajr

If they lose to the Titans they almost have to fire him. Looking at the Colts schedule, they can easily be 3-2 in a few weeks which wouldn't be too awful since they play AFC South teams the next three weeks. If they drop any of those three games, I think they're done for the year because even if they sweep the AFC South, 8-8 is a strong possibility.

No "free wins" this year. Jags and Titans will put up a fight.

Spinluck

Pagano will be the fall guy even though Grigson has missed more often than not.

But lol, bruh, you rode your QB to 3 playoff wins against teams that had more talent. Yeah Luck is playing shit now, but he's also the only reason you have your job now (besides cancer and the AFCS).

That said, what he is saying isn't too far from the truth. Luck was statistically the best against the blitz last year and he's looked awful. Doesn't look like he trusts his guys.

captive

Why would he want to get fired?

To pursue his life long dream of selling used cars?

Like I said last night, he sees the writing on the wall, Irsay is going to fire him and not Grigson who is the problem. I'd want out too. Still get paid, and not have to deal with all that shit?

Like I said last night, he sees the writing on the wall, Irsay is going to fire him and not Grigson is the problem. I'd want out too. Still get paid, and not have to deal with all that shit?
AFC South: squandering the best years of star players since the turn of the century.

TheFatOne

Like I said last night, he sees the writing on the wall, Irsay is going to fire him and not Grigson who is the problem. I'd want out too. Still get paid, and not have to deal with all that shit?

He would probably find another job somewhere else in the NFL as well. I would do the same thing. He's a lame duck coach, and everyone knows it.
Pagano will be the fall guy even though Grigson has missed more often than not.

But lol, bruh, you rode your QB to 3 playoff wins against teams that had more talent. Yeah Luck is playing shit now, but he's also the only reason you have your job now (besides cancer and the AFCS).

That said, what he is saying isn't too far from the truth. Luck was statistically the best against the blitz last year and he's looked awful. Doesn't look like he trusts his guys.

I would say the cancer is the only reason he has this job now. It may be a cruel thing to say, but it's 100% accurate. Colts had no choice, but to stick with him even though they had a far superior coach. Shitty situation for the Colts, and they deserve no blame for keeping Pagano.

RBH

Looks like Tevin Coleman will most likely be out on Sunday.

Time for Devonta Freeman to step up and provide some semblance of a running game. Otherwise, Ryan will get a workout.

Top Bottom