• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Conventional wisdom says the Colts eventually right the ship and cruise to another division championship, but I don't know. When Arian Foster comes back the Texans are probably the best 53-man roster in that division, but QB play will obviously hold them back. The Jaguars actually looked like a decent football team against Miami and won't be an easy out for anyone. Titans peaked in Week 1, just not much talent on that team and they won't win more than 5-6 games. Certainly the Colts have the highest ceiling but I wouldn't be surprised if Watt and Foster drag the Texans to the top of the division this year.
You're my favorite panther.

manfestival

TL7o0ht.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So early word is no surgery for Decker's knee, PCL strain? Guess MRI will confirm either way. Dude was beastin' yesterday too. Damn.

Probably true... but in all honesty, Pep, Manusky, and Grigson (by far) are the main perpetrators. I think Pagano could be serviceable with some talent, he is still easily outcoached though. They never adjust in time and seem too predictable.
Meanwhile in Arizona, Arians is making Palmer look like the next Kurt Warner and the team looks like one of the only NFC contenders outside of Green Bay.

this_guy

Good Morning. Texans and Colts are tied
for last place
in the division so it's not too bad. 7 wins will probably win the division, maybe even 6.

Conventional wisdom says the Colts eventually right the ship and cruise to another division championship, but I don't know. When Arian Foster comes back the Texans are probably the best 53-man roster in that division, but QB play will obviously hold them back. The Jaguars actually looked like a decent football team against Miami and won't be an easy out for anyone. Titans peaked in Week 1, just not much talent on that team and they won't win more than 5-6 games. Certainly the Colts have the highest ceiling but I wouldn't be surprised if Watt and Foster drag the Texans to the top of the division this year.

Colts have Luck. Texans have Mallett. Even at 0-2 the deck is still in the Colts favor until proven otherwise.

To anyone suggesting the Texans will finish with a better record than the Colts...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyway, glad the Dolphins are an underdog this week. That will ease the pain of the inevitable loss a bit.

Leveon is back this week, but I gotta wonder whether Deangelo gets the start and/or more carries. The dude has looked great in the first two weeks.

Leveon is back this week, but I gotta wonder whether Deangelo gets the start and/or more carries. The dude has looked great in the first two weeks.

It's been a while since I was able to say this, but the Steelers have one of the best o-lines in the NFL - they can make anyone look good.

Deangelo has been great but there's no way Le'Veon doesn't start.

To Chips credit, Herremans and Mathis have played like doo doo butter. They're in new systems but still it hasn't looked good. McCoy is hurt. Cary Williams has played decent for the Hawks I think?

LJ11

To anyone suggesting the Texans will finish with a better record than the Colts...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyway, glad the Dolphins are an underdog this week. That will ease the pain of the inevitable loss a bit.

This is the loser bowl my friend, no matter the outcome, we're both losers.

Tom Penny

I remember hearing this is the year the Dolphins take over the East. The scrubs couldn't even manage one meaningful defensive stat against the mighty Jags.

Skele7on

Banned
I remember hearing this is the year the Dolphins take over the East. The scrubs couldn't even manage one meaningful defensive stat against the mighty Jags.

my fantasy team fell because of them, it was great.

Those sneaky jags hiding their power every other game this year.

This is the loser bowl my friend, no matter the outcome, we're both losers.
It's true...

I honestly think this one could get ugly if the Bills minimize their mistakes. Tannehill could easily get sacked 5+ times and the Bills offense could have a huge day on the ground and through the air. The Dolphins have no pass rush, mediocre LBs, and a bad secondary.

The formula for beating the Dolphins under Philbin has been fairly simple. Stop the run early and they abandon it, forcing Tannehill to carry all of the weight and making the offense predictably one-dimensional. That just so happens to be something the Bills excel at.

I'm expecting a lot of ugliness.

I'm rewatching Steelers Niners..

Wow. Steelers D reset the LOS two yards back the whole game. Seeing that just reinforces how desensitized I had become to how far the Steelers D had fallen.

ACE 1991

So, being as objective as possible here, does anyone here think that the Eagles are just straight hosed this season, or can things turn around in any meaningful capacity? I' was so damn excited for this team and they've fallen flat more spectacularly than anyone on earth could have predicted. For me it all starts with that porous offensive line. I feel like if that gets resolved even somewhat, the offense will come alive (holes for Murray, more confidence for Bradford and time in the pocket).

It's true...

I honestly think this one could get ugly if the Bills minimize their mistakes. Tannehill could easily get sacked 5+ times and the Bills offense could have a huge day on the ground and through the air. The Dolphins have no pass rush, mediocre LBs, and a bad secondary.

The formula for beating the Dolphins under Philbin has been fairly simple. Stop the run early and they abandon it, forcing Tannehill to carry all of the weight and making the offense predictably one-dimensional. That just so happens to be something the Bills excel at.

I'm expecting a lot of ugliness.

Might be best if we don't watch friend....

Might be best if we don't watch friend....
If you figure out how to break the curse of liking this team please let me know... I still remember keeping up with every game during the 1-15 season. :(

why would they say anything otherwise?
Philbin specifically said he watched the film and saw no such thing. He's not the type to directly address a question like that unless he's telling the truth. If Suh really was ignoring the calls Philbin would probably deflect.

Whatever, you guys have fun with your witch hunt.

jmdajr

I like all this. Plus, this is the year of the back up QB!

If we lose to the Bears at home I give up on the season. If Kam comes back soon I think we can easily finish at least 10-6 and at least make the playoffs. We're still pretty healthy and with injuries on other teams we could easily go 5-1 until our bye week.

If the Seahawks lose to a Jimmy Clausen-Bears team they are rightfully & truly fucked.
I honestly can't even imagine it.

eznark

Banned
I'd probably think hard about firing Pagano right now. Let's be honest, he only has his job because of cancer. Thank God he survived that, but were he a healthy man and the Colts had to choose between Pagano and Arians the choice is fucking obvious. God what I wouldn't give to watch an Andrew Luck career guided by Arians. It would be as magical as Godgers + Clements.

I'd probably think hard about firing Pagano right now. Let's be honest, he only has his job because of cancer. Thank God he survived that, but were he a healthy man and the Colts had to choose between Pagano and Arians the choice is fucking obvious. God what I wouldn't give to watch an Andrew Luck career guided by Arians. It would be as magical as Godgers + Clements.
Agreed. He is as lame a duck as they come. If you want any chance of salvaging this season you should get him out sooner rather than later. Best case with him sticking around is a quick playoff exit anyway.

Luck + Arians is the stuff dreams are made of.

That said, you always got pissed at me for saying "fire Philbin" without having a replacement in mind. So who's your Pagano replacement?

eznark

Banned
Fuck, now that I say that I'm terrified of the Colts giving the HC job to Clements.....

That said, you always got pissed at me for saying "fire Philbin" without having a replacement in mind. So who's your Pagano replacement?

Obviously you give Pep the first shot. That's why I would fire him now. Give Hamilton almost a full year.

Clements, McAdoo, Philbin, Bevell, Reich would probably be my top five choices with Chud being a strong dark horse. I want someone who knows how to develop a QB and has mastered an offense that Luck would fit in. Since he can fit in pretty much any offense that should be easy to find.

My dream scenario for a team like the Colts right now would be to try and hire Bevell/McAdoo and Sean McDermott as co head coaches essentially. Their ages and stages would make it possible, cost wise. And the owner is a lunatic so he'd probably be thrilled to go out of the box with a dual HC strat.

Respect

So, being as objective as possible here, does anyone here think that the Eagles are just straight hosed this season, or can things turn around in any meaningful capacity? I' was so damn excited for this team and they've fallen flat more spectacularly than anyone on earth could have predicted. For me it all starts with that porous offensive line. I feel like if that gets resolved even somewhat, the offense will come alive (holes for Murray, more confidence for Bradford and time in the pocket).

Wait a few weeks, the reduction in practice time has definitely led to poorer early season play overall. Around week 5-6 the quality of play increases and the better teams rise to the top. Granted, PHI needs to pick up a win otherwise regardless of how talented they are, starting 0-3, 0-4 and guys will start checking out and just showing up to collect their paychecks.

bionic77

I think Bell is going to get more carries and the start but Deangelo is going to get his fair share and he might get more goal line carries. I think Deangelo is going to be a better back in short yardage situations while Bell can obviously break more big runs off and is fucking a killer in the passing game.

I'm rewatching Steelers Niners..

Wow. Steelers D reset the LOS two yards back the whole game. Seeing that just reinforces how desensitized I had become to how far the Steelers D had fallen.
Its been a long time since our defense has had athleticism.

We have had veteran guys who knew what to do but their bodies were not up to the task.

Now we have a lot of young guns but they are learning the defense and how to get better as players.

I do agree that the line has been getting a good push for the first two games. And the LBs are killing it. We just need to figure out how to cover receivers and tight ends. The season is young though.

TheFatOne

DC Kevin Coyle and Philbin both said that report was false.

Media is desperate to pin anything negative they can on Suh, in my opinion.

No shit both of those guys have their jobs on the line right now. Going on past history with Suh those reports are more probable than not.

Bad qb plus bad oline means they have no chance. Especially since the defense isn't anything special.

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions are the team I root for. I am happy when they win. I've yet to experience that happiness this season. And rarely over my life time. There should be a slightly depressing and quirky song sung by Michael Cera to capture my perpetual feelings of disappointment.

Tom Nook

WAS @ NYG Giant will finally get their first win

CIN @ BAL
OAK @ CLE Manziel's time to shine
NO @ CAR
ATL @ DAL No Romo, no win
TB @ HOU
IND @ TEN IND looked bad yesterday.
JAC @ NE
SD @ MIN
PHI @ NYJ Bye Bye Chip
PIT @ STL