• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

cdyhybrid

I agree with ez.

Fire everyone in Indy now and start the search for the permanent replacements. You can have lower-ranked guys already with the organization audition for the job the rest of the season.

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

After putting down the Bears we move on to trouncing the Niners in our nest. This is a divisional game so fuckery can happen but we are head and shoulders better than the Niners and are a great home team so it 'should' be an easy win. 3-0 here we come!

As for the Bears game, anytime all three facets of the team score a TD, I'm going to be pleased. It was a true team effort and at the same time, the offense didn't have to rely on the defense for the win. The offense had 4 touchdowns of their own. Obviously the Bears are bad but so what? It's a win in the NFL in a very convincing fashion and we just saw the Dolphins lose to the Jags and Ravens to the Raiders. You don't take winning for granted.

Palmer was terrific, his lone pic an impressive athletic play by Jared Allen but regardless, I'll take 3 TDs to one pic any day. Especially with our red zone D being so great and nearly always holding teams to FGs. If Palmer stays healthy, this team will be special.

It was great to see Fitz get his. The guy has been a trooper in Arians' system which calls for him to block a lot and move around including playing the slot after so many years dominating on the outside. Fortunately, he has the right mindset and is more about winning a championship than getting stats. He's clearly still a monster, that catch in the end zone with a defender hanging all over him was really impressive and the YAC he gets every play... LARRY, LARRY, LARRY!

All David Johnson does is score touchdowns. That kid is a stud in the making and I'm sticking with my projection pre-season that he'd beat out Ellington by next year. Arians is easing him in slowly as he's a rookie but if the kid keeps making these kind of plays, Arians won't have a choice but to give him more play time. Our running game is looking really bright and I'm loving the depth we have at the position!

Defense started slow and allowed that busted play down the seam but finally started getting their groove going and Cutler threw the pick. I have absolutely no doubts that Cutler would have continued to unravel after that pic 6 as he always does and we'd have destroyed them just the same if he'd stayed in. Outside of one huge play, Forte was shut down and we didn't allow him to sniff the endzone. No way this run D would ever have allowed what GB did but after how GB handled beast mode, I'd rather give them props than a jab.

ST, I just want to comment on the opening kick off. I was so impressed that a rookie had the patience and IQ to wait for his blockers to get in place and a hole to form instead of just tearing down the field as they normally do. The blockers were phenomenal on that play and that's really encouraging. Again, David Johnson looks like a stud in the making.

It may have been the Bears but scoring the most points in the NFL for the week and while on the road is something I'll take anytime! We had a number of mistakes, especially that punt return fumble (that rookie won't be returning anytime soon) but I don't want to spend much time criticizing a massive blowout. Arians will take care of cleaning up the mistakes, which reminds me, fantastic job discovering the screen plays this week after NO killed us with them :) Our offense has finally caught up to the defense and probably even surpassed them a little, this team is deadly. Now we just have to prove it against quality teams but the easy start is on the NFL scheduler, not us.

WAS @ NYG

CIN @ BAL
OAK @ CLE
NO @ CAR
ATL @ DAL
TB @ HOU
IND @ TEN
JAC @ NE
SD @ MIN
PHI @ NYJ Toss up
PIT @ STL

SF @ ARI
BUF @ MIA Toss up
CHI @ SEA

DEN @ DET

KC @ GB

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The fuck? That's literally their roles within a professional sports organization. GM tries to build a strong, lasting franchise while the coach tries to win with it.

Pagano is awful.
I feel like you are often contrarian just to be contrarian.

I agree with ez.

Fire everyone in Indy now and start the search for the permanent replacements. You can have lower-ranked guys already with the organization audition for the job the rest of the season.
yea but, that's not what they're going to do. I think they keep Grigson.

eznark

Banned
I feel like you are often contrarian just to be contrarian.

yea but, that's not what they're going to do. I think they keep Grigson.

What is contrarian about a GM's job being to build a team and the head coaches job is to win with that team??? If Pagano has a problem with the GM trying to build a strong and stable franchise then he needs to go, particularly because he hasn't proven capable of coaching his way out of a paper bag.

Spinluck

I've already accepted the Jon Gruden, Colts GM/Coach scenario

rzmA7Mf.jpg

Harbaugh gets paid about $7m a year, all told, at Michigan (not counting booster perks). His buyout after one year would be $1.7m. I would guess that Harbaugh would demand being the highest paid coach in football, so he would probably cost Irsay over $10m that first year.

That seems...steep

Probably not going to happen. It was always a dream scenario anyway. I just don't really trust my organization when it comes to finding worthwhile coaches.

Spin going to be in hiding when the Chip Kelly Wild Ride comes to Indy in 2016

Kelly looks dumb now, but it's week two and his O-line might be worse than ours.

In all honesty, I think Luck would look great coached by him. At least Chip would have him adjust to a short passing game or just adjust in general when the game calls for it. Instead of 5 step drops with a shit O-line and WRs running routes that won't develop in time and not getting any separation especially when the QB is being blitz.

I think Colts have underutilized talent at QB, RB, TE, and WR. It all starts with are front 5 which is shit at everything but LT.

gutshot

No one knows yet, I don't think there has been official word. I have heard MCL Sprain, ACL Sprain, etc, but nothing about the grade of the sprain or the timeline.

It is a partial tear and he is going to see Dr. Andrews today for further evaluation. Apparently his options are rest up for a few weeks and then play through the pain or get surgery now to fix it and miss the rest of the season. My guess is they opt for the latter.

PFT: Jerry Jones: You won’t see a more gifted passer than Brandon Weeden

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks Cowboys General Manager Jerry Jones made a brilliant move when he signed Brandon Weeden as the backup quarterback.

Jones said on 105.3 The Fan that Weeden has all the tools to fill in capably for the injured Tony Romo.

“This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won’t see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it. If he can basically prepare, be the starting quarterback, come in and execute and keep his head right, then I feel good about Weeden.”

Spinluck

Reason for Pagano vs Grigson

I'm guessing Pagano missed the last two defenses he (as a so called defensive minded coach) fielded against the Pats.

He really thinks he can win now? Also I'm not going to absolve Grigson. All off-season he was stating that he wants the team to contend now.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Sadly? I think we ended up winning!

not the super bowl!

I'm guessing Pagano missed the last two defenses he (as a so called defensive minded coach) fielded against the Pats.

He really thinks he can win now? Also I'm not going to absolve Grigson. All off-season he was stating that he wants the team to contend now.

They are contending now though. For last place!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Via PFT:

When the Dolphins cut quarterback Josh Freeman for a second time this offseason, Freeman said that he would “exhaust every option” available to continue his professional football career.

That effort will involve a stay in the Fall Experimental Football League, which is preparing for its second season. The league announced Tuesday that the former first-round pick will play for its Brooklyn franchise during the 2015 season.

I'm sure Fox will go watch some real quarterbacking this fall!

WAS @ NYG

CIN @ BAL
OAK @ CLE
NO @ CAR
ATL @ DAL
TB @ HOU
IND @ TEN
JAC @ NE
SD @ MIN
PHI @ NYJ
PIT @ STL

SF @ ARI
BUF @ MIA
CHI @ SEA

DEN @ DET

KC @ GB

GO PANTHERS.

Respect

Harbaugh is making money hand over fist at Michigan and all the job security he could possibly get. He would be insane to leave. So would Saban.

Saban won't be in Alabama long, he gets bored/annoyed whenever he stays too long in one place and he's probably getting tired of Alabama. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is his last year there...now will he go to the NFL? Only spot that would be available that he would take would probably be Indy since they have a franchise QB. Not sure he would go even then though, dude has a massive ego and he can't stand not being top dog like in college.

LevelNth

Banned
Yeah, regardless of what anyone thinks of either party, there's not much to argue against how poor Grigson's track record has been the last 4 years both in the draft and in FA. Without falling backwards into the Luck pick, just how bad would the Colts be?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saban won't be in Alabama long, he gets bored/annoyed whenever he stays too long in one place and he's probably getting tired of Alabama. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is his last year there...now will he go to the NFL? Only spot that would be available that he would take would probably be Indy since they have a franchise QB. Not sure he would go even then though, dude has a massive ego and he can't stand not being top dog like in college.

He won't do Indy when the UT coaching job would be available for him. Same money and more ego plus the college recruiting business basically makes the game easy for him.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
What is contrarian about a GM's job being to build a team and the head coaches job is to win with that team??? If Pagano has a problem with the GM trying to build a strong and stable franchise then he needs to go, particularly because he hasn't proven capable of coaching his way out of a paper bag.

so you think Grigson has been doing a good job then? All the problems are on Pagano?

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 3h
3 hours ago
"So far I've rewatched Eagles' 1st 3 series. Sean Lee in every hole. Only once did I see someone -- Kelce -- miss block. Mostly Lee roaming"

Lee was incredible Sunday, best player on the field for either team by far. Cowboys got so lucky getting him.

Perhaps i'm just a fan afar.

Spin, besides Luck, what offensive and defensive players do you think have or will turn into long term starters in this league? They don't have to be elite, just competent.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 3h
3 hours ago
"So far I've rewatched Eagles' 1st 3 series. Sean Lee in every hole. Only once did I see someone -- Kelce -- miss block. Mostly Lee roaming"

Lee was incredible Sunday, best player on the field for either team by far. Cowboys got so lucky getting him.

While I do think he is having a good season so far the Eagles had gorge sized hole in their offensive line. I could have had the game Lee did.

The Colts massively fucked up when they chose to stick with Pagano over Arians but that's nothing new. It's just more glaring now.

Respect

He won't do Indy when the UT coaching job would be available for him. Same money and more ego plus the college recruiting business basically makes the game easy for him.

I agree, I thought he was going to go there when he ultimately went to Alabama. UT seemed like a better fit for his personality.

The Colts massively fucked up when they chose to stick with Pagano over Arians but that's nothing new. It's just more glaring now.

Cancer. Pagano had the most secure job on Earth at the time.

That said, I disagree. I think Arians would be running into the same problems. As it is he went to a team that had a good core of players on both sides. Colts didn't have that.

Harbaugh leaving Michigan for the Colts would be the greatest troll of all time. Michigan won't be winning anything of worth as long as OSU is cheating and Dantonio stays at MSU. Might as well bounce lol.

Well, for most people, I think they figured Bruce inherited a good team riding an emotional high in wanting to win for Chuck. But, obviously, Bruce had more to do with it than originally thought. He's doing a fantastic job in Zona. You're welcome that the Rooneys ran him out of town!

Spinluck

Perhaps i'm just a fan afar.

Spin, besides Luck, what offensive and defensive players do you think have or will turn into long term starters in this league? They don't have to be elite, just competent.

None really, Moncrief is good when not paying soft, I think Luck has a 121.something QBR when throwing go him. And 3 of his 5INTs have been when he's targeting Dre who can't get separation for shit. TY is talented, but I still feel like he's the #2 on a lot of teams. He would be fine on a good team, but when he's the primary option that says a lot about the offense. He's a guy that gives up in physical games, where is speed and nimbleness isn't enough to beat guys. Team is just soft, our QB and RBs seem like the toughest guys on offense.

I still think that a competent OC would still work to this teams strengths. In a league where everyone is embracing the short pass (except for maybe Ben and Flacco--mostly Ben), I don't understand these long drop backs with one of the worst interior lines in football, and routes that are taking ages to develop. Forces Luck into bad habits, no longer looks for the open man on a lot of plays, just staring down guys.

So if I gave you an answer. Just Luck, Costanzo, TY, and maybe Dwayne Allen (maybe).
Fleener and the rest of the bunch are softer than soggy cereal.

Edit: On defense? Just Vontae Davis.

Help me feel better Eagles fan. :(

Cowboys had 18 penalties including one where a kicker got a personal foul, and you still lost to Brandon weeden

Tony Romo who is broken is tied with Murray for rushing yards on the season

There's maybe 2 winnable games over your next 6

Bradford is still the Quarterback

squicken

ESPN radio was saying that Irsay really wants to reunite Harbs and Luck. No idea if he would leave Michigan though.

omg I remember when we briefly thought that tandem would be in CAR. No way Harbs leave Michigan but it would be awesome if he did

Maybe Sean Payton will be available as Saints rebuild?

Respect

Is Delvin Breaux still looking for the Winston hail mary? All jokes aside, he is a good story considering he came back from fracturing vertebrae in his back in HS...unfortunately he will be forever tied to that gif.

Top Bottom