• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well, I suppose the owner should start with Caldwell, then the OC and the DCs, and all the assistants and such.

No, Caldwell and our DC (Teryl Austin) are not going anywhere. Not after a playoff season and a historically great defense last year. The inconsistency for the last two years on offense starts with Joe Lombardi.

Sure the argument could be, correctly IMO, made the HC gave Lombardi to much power but that's a mistake the HC will have to shoulder. Coach Caldwell won a Super Bowl as an offensive coordinator so he knows a thing or two about an offense.

Why Lombardi was given this much power I'm not sure but he's gone after this season.

WedgeX

Banned
I would love to help brah but I can't.

See no one in the United States gives two fucks about rape. The defense attorney is going to use 2 defenses, both of which are pretty strong before a fuckwit American jury. Firstly, the Niners should have not gone out dressed like someone who looked like they wanted to get fucked (i.e. wearing the Niners uniform). And secondly, if they didn't want to get fucked by a limp dick loser like Erron why didn't the Niners put up some kind of a fight or defense?

Sorry bro. The rape is is going to happen in front of all of America and there is nothing I can do about it.

If the Packers qb was black or Muslim I probably could have helped but unfortunatey I am going to have to turn down this case.

Thanks for thinking of me though. Please PM your address so I can send you bill.

Just. Got dang son.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...defenses-know-what-the-lions-are-going-to-do/

Golden Tate publicly calls out the coaching staff and says defenses knew what play was happening every time?

How can this day get any better?

FINALLY. Good for him for stepping out and saying it. Caldwell and Lombardi are clowns.

I was wondering when the fallout from all of Denver's defensive backs saying that they knew exactly what plays were being called or were coming. From a supposed complex playbook that has caused the offensive line to be all mixed up, making it suffer more than the Schwartz days. Didn't think it'd be a player, but mad props to Tate.

DT Christian Ringo is not as explosive. I will pretty upset if the Cowboys aquire him.

Edit: Cowboys cut DT Davon Coleman and lost DT Terrel McClain for the year. Looking at players the Cowboys are rumored to be going after.

Fangupo is the most explosive, Irving while not as explosive is younger. Fuck Ringo.

My proprietary explosion formula looks at jumps (vertical and broad) as well as their height and weight. Also my formula is not really proprietary, and you can come up with your own easily, especially if you have a background in physics... I am not a physics major, I am majoring in computational math however. One day, I hope to be Director of Football Research for the Cowboys. Why did I write this?
Pretty explosive according to my proprietary formula (that is not really proprietary)

More explosive than Aaron Donald. But so was Ben Gardner, I don't know why they didn't just keep Gardner at 3-tech. His t-rex arms wouldn't have been so much of a problem.
David Irving has 37 inch arms. Fuck, that length with his explosion. Not as agile according to my proprietary agility formula (looks at short shuttle, 3-cone, and 10 yard dash).
Holy shit, just looked at David Irving's SPARQ score!

On the David Irving bandwagon, and I haven't seen a single snap yet. Fuck subjective scouting reports, numbers don't lie.

BTW, has anyone seen the short film by ESPN and Fivethirtyeight called "The Cowboys and the Indian"?

About Salem Qureishi, a computer programmer and statistician, who helped overhaul the Dallas Cowboys scouting system in the early 60s.
I feel like these were underappreciated.

re: stats, does anybody know of a good successor to advancednflstats now that Burke was hired by ESPN? By which I mean, a site that is open about their methodology, not obsessed with convoluted metrics pulled out of some dude's ass, and with a decent understanding of the game?

I realize I'm probably asking too much!

Crud

Banned
gPzFhhK.gif

He knows hes a failure.

WedgeX

Banned
Four Way Trade: Kaep to the Eagles, Bradford to the Lions, Stafford to the Chiefs, Alex to the Niners.

I appreciate that Alex sashays his way back to the 9ers in this scenario. That the Lions end up with Orlovsky starting approximately two weeks after Bradford comes to town is not exciting.

See no one in the United States gives two fucks about rape. The defense attorney is going to use 2 defenses, both of which are pretty strong before a fuckwit American jury. Firstly, the Niners should have not gone out dressed like someone who looked like they wanted to get fucked (i.e. wearing the Niners uniform). And secondly, if they didn't want to get fucked by a limp dick loser like Erron why didn't the Niners put up some kind of a fight or defense?

Sorry bro. The rape is is going to happen in front of all of America and there is nothing I can do about it.

If the Packers qb was black or Muslim I probably could have helped but unfortunatey I am going to have to turn down this case.

Thanks for thinking of me though. Please PM your address so I can send you bill.

I have a pounding headache, and laughing at this did it no favors.

RBH

julio-jones-tri1-e1443522160663.jpg

You don’t need me to tell you that Julio Jones is ridiculous, but I’m going to anyway. Through three games, Jones’s numbers in Kyle Shanahan’s offensive scheme have been ridiculous. He leads the league in receptions (34) and receiving yards (440), having posted three consecutive games with at least 135 yards to start the season. Jones would tie a league record if he posted a fourth consecutive game with at least 135 yards, and it wouldn’t be the only record he’s approaching. Jones hasn’t simply been the best receiver in football through this season-opening three-game stretch; he’s started what looks like it could become one of the great seasons by a receiver in NFL history.
Link to article: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/julio-jones-is-historically-ridiculous/

:')

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I said leave him be. Let him become the best Destiny player with the best equipment set possible, get Platinum trophy and 100% everything for Halo 5 also and then he should come back.

I'll take care of you in his stead, friend.

You don't get angry enough to be the new Mech.

I said leave him be. Let him become the best Destiny player with the best equipment set possible, get Platinum trophy and 100% everything for Halo 5 also and then he should come back.

I'll take care of you in his stead, friend.

I unlocked Sylvania (God she is overpowered, her only downfall is her lack of having a counter) and got my ass kicked online by other reviewers. Time to write a review, also fuck Accelerator he is a truly broken assist character.

Miracle

You just made my day. :jnc

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
wienke

What can you tell me about this Hopdoddy Burger Bar place?

funny, I went to highschool with the general manager at hopdaddy austin. The food he posts on facebook looks pretty damn good, but I haven't been there yet.

Doorman

Go Go Golden Tate.

The offense hasn't lived up to its expectations since Caldwell and Lombardi first arrived in town. The line-blocking and Stafford's inconsistencies (to put it kindly) have, in my opinion, been the two biggest reasons for the regression. Stafford doesn't have the consistent accuracy or quick decision-making to run a dink-and-dunk offense, and it's not what his talents are really geared for. The problem is even if we wanted to play to Stafford's strengths, we can't right now, because the lack of run game and lack of pass protection leaves no time for long routes to develop and receivers to gain any major separation. Replacing Stafford this year isn't an option considering our alternatives, and knowing the way the team operates, he won't be replaced next year either and we probably still won't be drafting or otherwise trying to groom a true successor. So, that leaves addressing the line. There's been a lot of turnover in the last couple of years so most of the guys we have there are pretty young. They aren't performing well right now but I also think it's a little too soon to throw their potential into the trash bin, so if it's not a pure physical talent gap, the answer lies in whatever our blocking scheme is, and the way it's being taught to the linemen.

Even if Joe Lombardi's game plans weren't bad in theory, something's getting lost in translation in how those protections are supposed to work, and that's on the OC and the offensive line coach. GM Mayhew deserves to go, but he won't. Caldwell might deserve to go after this year, but he won't either. Lombardi's got to be the sacrificial lamb and we need to bring in someone with more experience and from an offense more closely-suited to what our personnel can actually run. The Lions this year remind me somewhat of the Michigan Wolverines of the Brady Hoke era; plenty of names and on-paper accolades, but lacking the key component needed to turn their potential into results. I still don't think we'll ever see a title or even a conference championship with Stafford at QB, but if they want to get the best out of what they currently have instead of turning the roster over yet again, the message needs to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom