• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
cBEpQKh.gif

Crisco

Banned
Oh damn, Charles Johnson to IR/designated to return. Figured he'd miss at least a few games but this means he's out until Thanksgiving. Saves us from having to release anyone for Allen I guess.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
People have come back to be really good but I can't think of someone who was elite and among the best at what they did who lost confidence and came back all the way.

I have to think Warner was super low in confidence with the Giants.

And you could probably argue for Palmer now too

Crisco

Banned
Has his been posted yet?

Plain Dealer: Johnny Manziel on bench has some Browns starters 'furious' according to TMZ report

Sure, it's TMZ, but I'm inclined to believe it. Can't imagine anyone in the Browns locker room is seriously vouching for Josh Fucking McCown.

The fact that Pettine has now flat-out said multiple times that Manziel isn't even being considered for the starter job is fucking infuriating. What a colossal ass.

It's possible that Pettine believe's Manziel's best shot at ever becoming a starter is to sit as long as possible. Can this Browns teams truly compete for a playoff spot this year with even above average QB play? This may make the most sense long term. Of course you can understand veterans or guys in contract years being pissed.

Also in some unsurprising news.

Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller is leaving the team according to Bleacher Report.

Weee the roller coaster of sadness is fun.

It's possible that Pettine believe's Manziel's best shot at ever becoming a starter is to sit as long as possible. Can this Browns teams truly compete for a playoff spot this year with even above average QB play? This may make the most sense long term. Of course you can understand veterans or guys in contract years being pissed.

It's just hard to justify when McCown is such obvious garbage and Pettine is so absolute in his statements.

He just doesn't like Manziel. Which, whatever, a lot of people don't like him. But you don't let personal dislike cloud your judgment as a coach to this degree.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

bionic77

I have to think Warner was super low in confidence with the Giants.

And you could probably argue for Palmer now too
Warner not got back to being in the conversation of one of the best qb's in the game after Martz broke him.

Notwithstanding the sick work he did against the Steelers in the 4th quarter of the SB. Gotdamn I wish the Steelers could defend the pass a little better. Tomlin thats what we brought you in to do!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
PDS ‏@PatDStat 10m10 minutes ago
Comment after the KC game from Bullock on missed ExPt. "That’s the impact of the new rule. It’s not a routine play.”

Kim Davis @kimydavis
O'Brien: I don't know how Randy knows what the league wants he needs to just worry about kicking it through the uprights. #Texans

So that's what he said.

==
The had much of the same talent under Singletary, Harbuagh was a game changer. You lose him and instant shit but on top of that, they lost some of their most talented players to retirement. They'd be better off with small hands too. Never believed in Kappy though he had a nice lock-on relationship with Crab cakes one season. I'll give more credit to Crab cakes for that though, he was a beast and I thought he'd become a premiere WR in this league.

Sure, Crabtree would be an all time great if he could match up against Patrick Peterson 16 games a year. I have no clue how such a middling receiver could be so productive against such a talented cornerback on a consistent basis.

To me Kap is really struggling with his confidence.

Not sure if he is just stupid or did not get good coaching but that's a bad place to be as a qb. You have to above all trust what you see on the field (and if you want a long career what you see better be right).

Has any qb ever lost it mentally and come back from that?

Kurt Warner, physically and mentally broken in St. Louis and got the magic back for a couple of years in Arizona.

Not sure if he is just stupid or did not get good coaching but that's a bad place to be as a qb. You have to above all trust what you see on the field (and if you want a long career what you see better be right).

Not a QB but does this guy count?

Bettis.jpg

Line_HTX

Just get it between the uprights. If you can make it from beyond 50, you sure as hell better make it guaranteed from 33.

Make Randy Fatlock run and kick until he passes out.

Sure, Crabtree would be an all time great if he could match up against Patrick Peterson 16 games a year. I have no clue how such a middling receiver could be so productive against such a talented cornerback on a consistent basis.

Riiiiiight, Peterson was the only CB in the league he had good games against that season. Oh wait.

Tommy Maddox

Has any athlete in general come back when their confidence is lost?

Possibly Carson Palmer fits this. Palmer started a quick decline after his 2006 comeback season (which most forget was successful, he was chosen for the pro bowl that season), and then after pretty much 3 bad years and bad performance for the team, requested to be traded... Was not traded... retired... came back... was benched for Dalton and then finally traded to Oakland. And now, 3 years later, he's a bona fide stud in Arizona. Think I heard in the last 19 games he's started, he's won 17 of them, and posted stats that compare in the top 5 of NFL QBs over 17 games.

Possibly Carson Palmer fits this. Palmer started a quick decline after his 2006 comeback season (which most forget was successful, he was chosen for the pro bowl that season), and then after pretty much 3 bad years and bad performance for the team, requested to be traded... Was not traded... retired... came back... was benched for Dalton and then finally traded to Oakland. And now, 3 years later, he's a bona fide stud in Arizona. Think I heard in the last 19 games he's started, he's won 17 of them, and posted stats that compare in the top 5 of NFL QBs over 17 games.

Carson is another one.. The problem with the Bengals wasn't Carson, Ochocinco was another; the biggest problem was Mike Fucking Brown. He had all the baggage of his dad without none of the actual genius in football. Its good for the franchise that they have started to take some of his authority.

Side note PD.. What would I have to pay to get Ed Lacy from you on Fantasy and is the avatar part of your bet in PoliGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom