• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

The only thing I took away from this is that the answer is to give Jim Harbaugh the once in a lifetime opportunity to coach at both the college and pro level simultaneously. The Lions would be improved by just the occasional Skype call, it wouldn't burn people out from Harbaugh's coaching style since he'd really only be there Sundays, and Michigan gets to keep improving.

You all can pay me now.

Tempting as it may be, I sure as hell hope not. As good of a coach as he is I'm already sick of the Harbaugh-hype around town.

I guess the main point of what I was getting at is that I hope coaching is the issue, at least as it pertains to our offensive line, because if it turns out that Reiff, Swanson, Tomlinson and Warford just straight up can't play, then it's going to be longer than my 2019 call before we're relevant again.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh chip Kelly the guy who has had a top 5 offense every year in the league with no qb so far. You were the lunatic hyping up Joe Lombardi. Sorry it is all blowing up in your face but you brought this on your self.

Yeah, because Chip's revolutionary offense is lighting up the NFL right now.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Caldwell was TERRIBLE as an OC in Baltimore.

He won a Super Bowl with them as OC.

Then Jim Caldwell replaced Cam Cameron as the Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator following a Week 14 loss to the Washington Redskins, few were expecting the first-time play caller to resurrect an offense that had struggled to find an identity for most of the season. However, not only has Caldwell given the Ravens an identity, he's transformed the unit into an explosive postseason scoring machine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...eathed-new-life-into-baltimore-ravens-offense

WedgeX

Banned
Tempting as it may be, I sure as hell hope not. As good of a coach as he is I'm already sick of the Harbaugh-hype around town.

I guess the main point of what I was getting at is that I hope coaching is the issue, at least as it pertains to our offensive line, because if it turns out that Reiff, Swanson, Tomlinson and Warford just straight up can't play, then it's going to be longer than my 2019 call before we're relevant again.

I was mostly hoping for an FMT response but it appears the 9ers have broken him. I really don't think the players are the problem with the offensive line as most did fine either in relief last year or when Schwartz was still around. A real dynamic coach that knows how to use all the pieces for the offense would be wonderful.

RBH

I met a Mr. and Mrs. Tebow today. I am blesst.

tim-tebow-and-olivia-culpo.jpg

Tom Penny

Thank god someone called this shit out and poured fuel on the fire. I understand the "defend the shield" perspective but at some point someone needs to call out bullshit. I'm tired of seeing Stafford trot out to say whatever the coaches expect to say. He's the ultimate company man. I don't get the impression losing gets to him like it clearly gets to great QBs like Rodgers or Brady.

If you watched Caldwell's presser after the Denver game you heard the same shit we've heard all year. This offense doesn't fucking work yet we're being told a few adjustments here or there will fix it. No, we have the worst run game in the league. We've been outscored around 80-30 since halftime of the season opener. Every game features multiple plays where someone clearly doesn't know where they're supposed to be. And Stafford continues to fail at reading defenses.

I guarantee you that the first offensive play against Seattle will be a run up the middle by Joquie Bell. For one yard or less. I'm tired of this shit.

Your over thinking this shit. Megatron is now a mere moral so Stafford is exposed as the average as fuck QB he really is.

Thank god someone called this shit out and poured fuel on the fire. I understand the "defend the shield" perspective but at some point someone needs to call out bullshit. I'm tired of seeing Stafford trot out to say whatever the coaches expect to say. He's the ultimate company man. I don't get the impression losing gets to him like it clearly gets to great QBs like Rodgers or Brady.

If you watched Caldwell's presser after the Denver game you heard the same shit we've heard all year. This offense doesn't fucking work yet we're being told a few adjustments here or there will fix it. No, we have the worst run game in the league. We've been outscored around 80-30 since halftime of the season opener. Every game features multiple plays where someone clearly doesn't know where they're supposed to be. And Stafford continues to fail at reading defenses.

I guarantee you that the first offensive play against Seattle will be a run up the middle by Joquie Bell. For one yard or less. I'm tired of this shit.

Bruh don't worry our first play is a bubble screen that goes nowhere! And we probably won't put up more than 3 points in the first half. We will probably win thanks to 2nd half, but don't worry we will both stink it up during the first half.

WedgeX

Banned
Bruh don't worry our first play is a bubble screen that goes nowhere! And we probably won't put up more than 3 points in the first half. We will probably win thanks to 2nd half, but don't worry we will both stink it up during the first half.

Which will give us Lions fans the classic first half false hope. Man. Brilliant.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I think we've got a solid young core with Pro Bowler Warford (who is hurt with an ankle sprain), Swanson and Tomlinson (who is a rookie). Riley Reiff has been solid in the past I think the problems up front can be mostly traced, again, to what the offense is trying to do via its playcalling.

Cornelius Lucas: Communication problems to blame for Lions' shoddy offensive line

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/cornelius_lucas_communication.html

Line_HTX

I unlocked Selvaria (God she is overpowered, her only downfall is her lack of having a counter) and got my ass kicked online by other reviewers. Time to write a review, also fuck Accelerator he is a truly broken assist character.

Yeah, it sucks that Selvaria doesn't have a counter of her own. Maybe that's why I see people burst offensively either out in the open or at the opponent's face to maintain momentum and lock them down. She's not that overpowered IMO. If she did have a counter, then yeah, then she'd probably be difficult to stop. She could use a damage buff though. Bigger PLOT = bigger combo damage output, amirite? XD

My experience with this game has been meeting people at cons who are lazy basic bitches and do nothing but spam with Shana, stupid Kirino, or that stupid Kobe Bryant wannabe. I guess that's to be expected because this game is a collaboration and celebration, so it's not super serious.

Is Accelerator the dude with the creepy face? Sorry, I've never seen the show.

Yeah, it sucks that Selvaria doesn't have a counter of her own. Maybe that's why I see people burst offensively either out in the open or at the opponent's face to maintain momentum and lock them down. She's not that overpowered IMO. If she did have a counter, then yeah, then she'd probably be difficult to stop. She could use a damage buff though. Bigger PLOT = bigger combo damage output, amirite? XD

My experience with this game has been meeting people at cons who are lazy basic bitches and do nothing but spam with Shana, stupid Kirino, or that stupid Kobe Bryant wannabe. I guess that's to be expected because this game is a collaboration and celebration, so it's not super serious.

Is Accelerator the dude with the creepy face? Sorry, I've never seen the show.

I disliked playing as all three of those, Selvaria I'm good at and Shizuo due to his counter style.

watched the repeat of the Colts/Titans game on the NFL network while on the gym, and I liked what I saw from Mariotta. His mechanics look a lot better than Winston. He seems to have a great feel for the pocket for a rookie and a good zip on the ball. Reminded more of the way Rodgers or Russell operate in the pocket rather than guys like Kaep or RG3.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Caldwell was TERRIBLE as an OC in Baltimore.

Honestly I agree with Kas. Caldwell was not a good OC, especially in the second year. But I would trust him over Lombardi with play calling duties. Lombardi is simply unqualified to even have the job, which you couldn't say about Caldwell or just about anyone else who has been an OC in the NFL before.

I read a great point on reddit earlier: when you think about it, the only time this offense has ever looked truly amazing and explosive for the majority of a game was last year's season opener against the Giants. IE before anyone had tape on us or knew shit about our offense outside of "well it's gonna look sorta like the Saints." Since then the offense has looked average to bad outside of two games - ie back to back games late last year where we scored 34 points in routs of bad teams (Chicago and TB). In total that's three games. The only three games in which we have scored more than 30 points. In fact last year we didn't score more than 24 points in any games but those three.

Miracle

watched the repeat of the Colts/Titans game on the NFL network while on the gym, and I liked what I saw from Mariotta. His mechanics look a lot better than Winston. He seems to have a great feel for the pocket for a rookie and a good zip on the ball. Reminded more of the way Rodgers or Russell operate in the pocket rather than guys like Kaep or RG3.

I said the same thing for the past few weeks about Mariota. He really does have some Rodgers in him which is probably crazy to say but the Titans really have landed a gem I think.

Your over thinking this shit. Megatron is now a mere moral so Stafford is exposed as the average as fuck QB he really is.

Not buying it. Megatron is still amazing and had a couple amazing plays on Sunday night. The problem with Megatron is that he has a QB who cannot hit him in stride. Megatron's YAC must be atrocious because every time he gets a ball the defender is right there - and it's not because of him not getting separation, it's largely an issue of the types of passes he's getting, the accuracy, and the offensive scheme.

Put Megatron on the Patriots and you'd see him ball out. Hell, put him on Oakland and he'd ball out. This offense has neutered him by taking away deep ball throws. Until Sunday night, Stafford had not completed a throw of more than 20 yards this season.

You guys know I'm no Stafford slappie, I can't stand him. But IMO if you put him in an offense where he's able to slang it - ie like Linehan's former Lions/current Cowboys offense - he'd put up numbers. 40 TDs but you'd get 20-22 INTs. Pair that with a good defense and you can at least win some games. Hell if we had Linehan's offense last year I think we would have won a playoff game.

Stafford isn't accurate enough to be a game manager or be Drew Brees. Let him be Favre and live with the consequences.

Remember when Calvin Johnson terrified the league, people felt proud of his future, and he had hope in his eyes

Pepperidge Farm remembers

The only thing I took away from this is that the answer is to give Jim Harbaugh the once in a lifetime opportunity to coach at both the college and pro level simultaneously. The Lions would be improved by just the occasional Skype call, it wouldn't burn people out from Harbaugh's coaching style since he'd really only be there Sundays, and Michigan gets to keep improving.

You all can pay me now.
:jnc

What do some former Bears think about what's going on with the franchise?

Israel Idonije said:
Israel @iidonije

#Emery'd
[M-reed]
verb(used with object)
1.To demolish; ruin; destroy, annihilate
2. To put an end to a good thing.

Adewale Ogunleye said:
Adewale Ogunleye @aotheprince93

I've been silent as I watch the #Bears season unfold. Looks like the Trestman/ Emery era will be harder to overcome then first thought...

I'm having radiofrequency ablations on my back tommorrow. Getting old sucks. At least I'll get to recuperate and watch the Ravens.....never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom