• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Huge props to Golden Tate. As much as I love Stafford and Megatron they would never do this for better or for worse.

You need a guy like Golden Tate in your locker room who when shit hits the fan he'll call it like he sees it. I'm sure Stafford and Megatron are thinking the same thing and talking with the coaching staff about it but they never air locker room drama to the open whether it was dealing with Suh or under the Schwartz era.

Hell Megatron never threw Rod Marinelli under the bus or any of his QBs since he was drafted in 2007.

One way or another Caldwell has to take over offensive playcalling from here on out and get rid of Lombardi after this season, which I think we'll do.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Caldwell was TERRIBLE as an OC in Baltimore.

I wonder how my life would of turn out if I was white and have a last name of Lombardi. Like how many times could I have fucked up and still get chances after chances.

Doorman

I just threw up in my mouth.

Caldwell was TERRIBLE as an OC in Baltimore.

Would it be preferable to keep Lombardi calling the plays? Serious question. We aren't going to straight-up replace our OC with someone else right now, so those are the only two options left. We're pretty much stuck with what we have for the remainder of this season, and realistically Lombardi is the only one who would possibly be canned at year's end, but I also don't think Caldwell is the type to cut someone loose like that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...defenses-know-what-the-lions-are-going-to-do/

Golden Tate publicly calls out the coaching staff and says defenses knew what play was happening every time?

How can this day get any better?

FINALLY. Good for him for stepping out and saying it. Caldwell and Lombardi are clowns.

Thank god someone called this shit out and poured fuel on the fire. I understand the "defend the shield" perspective but at some point someone needs to call out bullshit. I'm tired of seeing Stafford trot out to say whatever the coaches expect to say. He's the ultimate company man. I don't get the impression losing gets to him like it clearly gets to great QBs like Rodgers or Brady.

If you watched Caldwell's presser after the Denver game you heard the same shit we've heard all year. This offense doesn't fucking work yet we're being told a few adjustments here or there will fix it. No, we have the worst run game in the league. We've been outscored around 80-30 since halftime of the season opener. Every game features multiple plays where someone clearly doesn't know where they're supposed to be. And Stafford continues to fail at reading defenses.

I guarantee you that the first offensive play against Seattle will be a run up the middle by Joquie Bell. For one yard or less. I'm tired of this shit.

Fox318

Tony Hawk 5 looks like dogshit.

Usually people are so anxious to blame suits but this looks like everyone involved from the artist to the menu programmer sucks at their job.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Would it be preferable to keep Lombardi calling the plays? Serious question. We aren't going to straight-up replace our OC with someone else right now, so those are the only two options left. We're pretty much stuck with what we have for the remainder of this season, and realistically Lombardi is the only one who would possibly be canned at year's end, but I also don't think Caldwell is the type to cut someone loose like that.

The problem I have is that Lombardi and Caldwell basically call the same game. Lombardi runs his plays through Caldwell.

WedgeX

Banned
Go Go Golden Tate.

The offense hasn't lived up to its expectations since Caldwell and Lombardi first arrived in town. The line-blocking and Stafford's inconsistencies (to put it kindly) have, in my opinion, been the two biggest reasons for the regression. Stafford doesn't have the consistent accuracy or quick decision-making to run a dink-and-dunk offense, and it's not what his talents are really geared for. The problem is even if we wanted to play to Stafford's strengths, we can't right now, because the lack of run game and lack of pass protection leaves no time for long routes to develop and receivers to gain any major separation. Replacing Stafford this year isn't an option considering our alternatives, and knowing the way the team operates, he won't be replaced next year either and we probably still won't be drafting or otherwise trying to groom a true successor. So, that leaves addressing the line. There's been a lot of turnover in the last couple of years so most of the guys we have there are pretty young. They aren't performing well right now but I also think it's a little too soon to throw their potential into the trash bin, so if it's not a pure physical talent gap, the answer lies in whatever our blocking scheme is, and the way it's being taught to the linemen.

Even if Joe Lombardi's game plans weren't bad in theory, something's getting lost in translation in how those protections are supposed to work, and that's on the OC and the offensive line coach. GM Mayhew deserves to go, but he won't. Caldwell might deserve to go after this year, but he won't either. Lombardi's got to be the sacrificial lamb and we need to bring in someone with more experience and from an offense more closely-suited to what our personnel can actually run. The Lions this year remind me somewhat of the Michigan Wolverines of the Brady Hoke era; plenty of names and on-paper accolades, but lacking the key component needed to turn their potential into results. I still don't think we'll ever see a title or even a conference championship with Stafford at QB, but if they want to get the best out of what they currently have instead of turning the roster over yet again, the message needs to be changed.

The only thing I took away from this is that the answer is to give Jim Harbaugh the once in a lifetime opportunity to coach at both the college and pro level simultaneously. The Lions would be improved by just the occasional Skype call, it wouldn't burn people out from Harbaugh's coaching style since he'd really only be there Sundays, and Michigan gets to keep improving.

You all can pay me now.

Going with the buffalo ranch octopus followed up by the skate. Skate has become real popular nowadays.

Niiiice.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom