• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the cash game here locally for once. Had a ton of fun. The person with the dealer button got the pick the game. You could pick pretty much any hold'em game up to 5 card Omaha. Also got to learn how to play Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
matthew-stafford-loses.jpg

Spinluck

watched the repeat of the Colts/Titans game on the NFL network while on the gym, and I liked what I saw from Mariotta. His mechanics look a lot better than Winston. He seems to have a great feel for the pocket for a rookie and a good zip on the ball. Reminded more of the way Rodgers or Russell operate in the pocket rather than guys like Kaep or RG3.

He shows a lot of promise.

Why can't my Houston bros suck when there's a good QB available?

:(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Detroit Lions Second Look: Tape confirms Broncos knew where Matthew Stafford was going on picks

The Denver Broncos defensive players say they knew what plays were coming each time they intercepted Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and the film seems to back them up.

In the first quarter, facing a 3rd-and-5, the Detroit Lions came out with three wide receivers, a tight end and a running back.

Calvin Johnson lined up wide left. The Broncos countered with Aqib Talib in press coverage. Running back Ameer Abdullah was the only other option to that side of the field, lining up not in the backfield, but off left tackle Riley Reiff's shoulder.

Tight end Eric Ebron was off right tackle, Golden Tate in the slot and Lance Moore wide to the other side of the formation.

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris is covering up Tate prior to the snap and you can see Harris bark out some last-second instructions to Bradley Roby, who is manning Moore on the outside. You also see the deep safety to that side of the field, T.J. Ward, shade his coverage a few steps in just before the ball is snapped.

As the play develops, you see the Broncos are as locked in on to Tate as much quarterback Matthew Stafford's eyes. Harris, playing five yards off, drops five more and sits in a zone, taking away a dig route. Ward stays deep, in case Tate runs a go.

But it's Roby, closing from the outside, who makes the play. His eyes stay in the backfield, and as Stafford pulls his arm back to throw, the corner breaks hard on Tate, abandoning Moore. Roby closes an impressive amount of ground and makes a lunging interception. Tate never had a chance.

On Stafford's second interception, in the fourth quarter, linebacker David Bruton made the play's defining read, reacting to running back Ameer Abdullah's assignment.

Lined up five yards off the line of scrimmage, shaded just to the left of where the ball was snapped, Bruton immediately drifts back and to his right, to the side where Abdullah had lined up along the line of scrimmage.

When Abdullah committed to chipping defensive end DeMarcus Ware on the 3rd-and-12 play, Bruton felt confident knowing the Lions wouldn't dump it off to running back, so he drifted deeper to help cover Calvin Johnson, the lone receiver to that side of the formation.

As Stafford looked to fit in a pass into Johnson on a post pattern, breaking 12 yards deep, Bruton had dropped deep enough to get a hand on the throw, tip it to himself and come away with the interception.

Neither of Stafford's throws were poor and you like to see Stafford trying to work it to his playmakers on third down. The Broncos simply had the Lions well scouted, getting defenders who wouldn't typically be involved on those routes in position to make plays on the ball.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...d_look_tape.html#incart_2box_sports_index.ssf

Unfuckingbelievable

Gifs in the article

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Broncos stealing signs? Spygate?! Why isnt this news?! Wheres Goodell for the suspensions for ruining the integrity of the game?! Why haven't the Ravens and Colts whined about it?

When is the court date?!

I don't know how you got that I was implying or the article was implying the Broncos doing anything of that sort, which they're not.

The Lombardi offense seems to be so easy for defensive coordinators and defensive players to adjust and scheme against. DBs are shouting where to go before the play even begins. All three teams we've faced have said as much to Golden Tate and others.

I didn't know it was this bad but Caldwell has to reign in ASAP for the rest of the season and let Lombardi go next year.

cdyhybrid

Broncos stealing signs? Spygate?! Why isnt this news?! Wheres Goodell for the suspensions for ruining the integrity of the game?! Why haven't the Ravens and Colts whined about it?

When is the court date?!

Slurping the Pats won't make the Bears better, ari.

zychi

Banned
I don't know how you got that I was implying or the article was implying the Broncos doing anything of that sort, which they're not.

The Lombardi offense seems to be so easy for defensive coordinators and defensive players to adjust and scheme against. DBs are shouting where to go before the play even begins. All three teams we've faced have said as much to Golden Tate and others.

I didn't know it was this bad but Caldwell has to reign in ASAP for the rest of the season and let Lombardi go next year.
Wasnt making fun of ya, sorry if you took it that way.

Was making fun of the spygaters who blew nothing into something. Every team does it. Thats the whole point of halftime and making adjustments.

The Good:

Derek Carr on 3rd down: 20 for 28 246 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs 122 rating. Yet dumbass Gregg Rosenthal still has him ranked a level below the likes of Cousins, Bradford, Cutler, and Fitzpatrick.

The Awful:

When throwing to TEs, Raiders opponents are 21-32 for 305 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs and 136.1 rating. This is an absolute joke, Del Rio and Norton have got to fix this

squicken

The Good:

Derek Carr on 3rd down: 20 for 28 246 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs 122 rating. Yet dumbass Gregg Rosenthal still has him ranked a level below the likes of Cousins, Bradford, Cutler, and Fitzpatrick.

The Awful:

When throwing to TEs, Raiders opponents are 21-32 for 305 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs and 136.1 rating. This is an absolute joke, Del Rio and Norton have got to fix this

Sando had a piece about Carr throwing outside the hashes, and how he had not tried any arced throws. Obviously these are the hardest throws in the game, but otherwise the piece was positive on Carr

ParityBit

I am so so so so so so so so sick of the damn daily fantasy football ads! It is almost at the point where I am going to record the games just so I can skip all the ads and watch my 11 min of action non-stop!

squicken

Respect to Palpatine

Bill Belichick might be in the process of revolutionizing the in-game deployment of offensive linemen.
The Patriots have used nine different line combinations to start 30 possessions this season, excluding kneel-downs. They’ve also implemented a 10th combination with Marcus Cannon at right guard on the goal-line package that resulted in all three of LeGarrette Blount’s touchdowns Sunday against the Jaguars.

The series-by-series rotations have been fast and furious. Against the Steelers, the Patriots didn’t use the same line combination on back-to-back series until their sixth and seventh possessions. The Pats used the same combination for three consecutive series to open the Bills game, which is the only time that’s happened all season, before changing their line personnel on nine consecutive possessions. And the Patriots didn’t use the same group in back-to-back series a single time in nine series against the Jags.

Source: Saints created $2.6M in cap space by turning $5.2M of Drew Brees' base salary into a signing bonus. His cap hit for 2016 is now $30M - @Field Yates

Who paying Dat 2016 cap hit?

squicken

Source: Saints created $2.6M in cap space by turning $5.2M of Drew Brees' base salary into a signing bonus. His cap hit for 2016 is now $30M - @Field Yates

Who paying Dat 2016 cap hit?

hmm. If they traded him, his new team now has to pay him $5m less, since what was salary is now a signing bonus

Milchjon

Nowhere in that article does it really list a positive to doing this, while also acknowledging that every coach would prefer a stable line. It's smart in that their line is so young they are sort of forced to do so, but I don't see any significant tactical advantage to it.

Yeah, mostly sounded like they do it for reps and to figure out the best line, not because of an inherent advantage over a good stable line.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, mostly sounded like they do it for reps and to figure out the best line, not because of an inherent advantage over a good stable line.

Yeah, super interesting and something I'll pay more attention to, just didn't need the "this is genius" garbage without what I am guessing was the context of asking coaches how it is working in relation to their youth. It's not an inherent good to rotate linemen, and I am guessing defensive coaches/players give zero fucks which guy is in there. Not like You are subbing out Joe Thomas for Eric Fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom