• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit being a ignorant slut Gata^^^^^ we obviously havent.
Its the smarter move.

Honestly the Jets could take a chance on JFF but I wouldn't trust a junkie like him in NY.
Why are we all talking like my boy isn't on the team anymore?

Honestly though we all know how this story will end, the Browns cycle don't lie :/ it's fate

Fox318

Why are we all talking like my boy isn't on the team anymore?

Honestly though we all know how this story will end, the Browns cycle don't lie :/ it's fate

Coach and GM pretty much wish they didn't draft him else he would be starting.

Johnny is the type of person that I wouldn't be surprised to hear he was found dead with a needle in his arm.

eznark

Banned
Packers should probably get what they can for Fraudgers before the PFF stuff hits front offices. Fraudgers and a first for Joe Thomas and JFF?

bionic77

Packers should probably get what they can for Fraudgers before the PFF stuff hits front offices. Fraudgers and a first for Joe Thomas and JFF?
Can't he just take some "man pills" or isn't there some kind of treatment that will fix his limitations as a man/qb/person?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nope

Tell me more

7DTly.gif

Zeke

Morning sluts, nothing like being almost an hour late to work. On the bright side cofy and a muffin for breakfast. That's a pretty sweet avy dega tell me of these draft kings. Are they musical group by chance or group of draft Dodgers from nam?

eznark

Banned
Can't he just take some "man pills" or isn't there some kind of treatment that will fix his limitations as a man/qb/person?

He has way too big a chip on his shoulder to perform down to the level he would need to to be truly great. He'll never be the type of All Time Great that will throw a pick or two in with his 5 touchdowns. It's pathetic really that he isn't willing to play like shit for 3 quarters in order to come from behind in the 4th.

I think truly his biggest flaw is how great he is at football, and it's that perfection which limits his ability to be a truly great Flawed Protagonist, which will forever doom him to be sub-Gabbert.

Zeke

Sam farmer tweeted that the league wants any team moving to LA to have a Seahawks like redesign. Add another shitty uni design in the near future.

squicken

Sam farmer tweeted that the league wants any team moving to LA to have a Seahawks like redesign. Add another shitty uni design in the near future.

He's long said that he has heard the NFL wants the Raiders to essentially cease to exist. That the fanbase's association with rowdiness hurts their value

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He's long said that he has heard the NFL wants the Raiders to essentially cease to exist. That the fanbase's association with rowdiness hurts their value

Fuck that noise. You can't radically change any of the three franchises, especially the Raiders.

Zeke

Fuck that noise. You can't radically change any of the three franchises, especially the Raiders.
Sucks for them I'd say the bigger and more recent issue is 9er fans beating the Fuck out people. Sounds perfect for the rams tho. They can go back to either blue and white or yellow and blue. Rams current unis are boring and ugly as Fuck. Chargers need to go back to the powder blues full time, raiders unis are perfect as is.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When the Dallas Cowboys are worth $4b, and some teams just over $1b, it's makes these decisions easier for club owners

Sucks for them I'd say the bigger and more recent issue is 9er fans beating the Fuck out people. Sounds perfect for the rams tho. They can go back to either blue and white or yellow and blue. Rams current unis are boring and ugly as Fuck. Chargers need to go back to the powder blues full time, raiders unis are perfect as is.

The Raiders have been a mismanaged brand for years at this point. In an alternate universe, they'd be worth as much as the Cowboys. Some teams like the Jaguars could be rebuilt but the Raiders? Seems crazy.

You can redo the uniforms maybe even tweak the color scheme, that's fine but changing their name to something else seems like madness.

Hunter S.

The NFL really needs a villain team. That is also why I do not want them in a town named after a saint, or a city of angels.

Apparently the Jed York vs Soccer Moms article has been taken down at the request of 49ers managment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/3mxq99/if_anyone_is_wondering_why_my_expose_article/

It's because the 49ers front office contacted my editor and made the accusations the article was speculative and not factual. They ordered the article be immediately removed — I am currently in the process of removing all my content from the site and preparing to present the 49ers with evidence they say, doesn't exist. Would like to thank all 49ers fans who upvoted and shared their opinions on the matter. Cheers!

Zeke

I doubt we'll see a name change I think it's more uni rebranding and glitz and glamour branding since its LA. Too bad hunter SA Raiders!

Herbs

Banned
The Raiders have been a mismanaged brand for years at this point. In an alternate universe, they'd be worth as much as the Cowboys. Some teams like the Jaguars could be rebuilt but the Raiders? Seems crazy.

You can redo the uniforms maybe even tweak the color scheme, that's fine but changing their name to something else seems like madness.

I'd love to see that madness. It would be amazing.

eznark

Banned
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...l-focus-discussing-aaron-rodgers-average-game

This isn't a bad game, just because the number begins with a minus, but it is an average grade very close to zero for a player who threw five touchdown passes, which seems crazy on the face of it. It's not.

This is a solid if unspectacular bit of clickbait. The wording isn't catchy and it doesn't leave you with an explicit question like the best clickbait opening paragraphs do, but it still leaves you wondering about why their crazy idea is correct. I give this a -0.5 which sounds bad, but really isn't.

On the surface, Rodgers' raw statistics paint the picture of one of the best games of the season. 333 passing yards, five touchdown passes, no interceptions, a 138.5 passer rating; Rodgers' should be supplanting Carson Palmer in our team of the week as the top quarterback, not earning a grade with a minus in front of it, right?

Modern internet audiences have short attention spans and when you've written the clickbait paragraph there's no real reason to repeat it. Sure, the heat of this take may look blazing on paper, but it is in reality just a restatement or reaffirmation of what he's already written that in some ways undermines the clickbait effect of paragraph 1. -1.0

Well, not if you dig a little deeper into Rodgers' performance on a play-by-play basis. Looking first at his touchdown passes offers a view on how raw stats inflate the perception of a solid performance. Two of his touchdown passes were good or very good throws.

One way to downplay a quarterback's touchdown throws is to counter-intuitively play on the fact that there were a lot of them. This allows you to make the claim that 3 of them, a solid majority, were "bad" or "easy" touchdown passes. Sure, two of his touchdown passes were "good" touchdown passes, but that's outweighed by the "bad" touchdown passes. Because, you see, the fact that there were five touchdown passes can confuse laypeople into thinking that throwing five touchdown passes is a good thing. And if you write "touchdown passes" enough it won't even sound special. Touchdown passes. This is elite clickbait writing. +2.0

For what it's worth, the Raiders still have a huge connection to rap over here. It's the reason why Riaders gear is by far the most popular in this country. They can't change that.

dionysus

Yaldog
Obviously we all want QBs who don't audible into a play that exploits the presented defenses weaknesses and who consistently ignore easy completions in favor of completions that require Megatron like ability to stop from being intercepted. Staring down the 1 receiver and throwing into triple coverage is the true mark of greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom