• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Sad FMT is best FMT.

When the Niners are good he is too real for this place and you have no real comebacks when the Harbs era Niners were usually curb stomping your team.

The same definitely applies to eznark.

The good things about the Pats is they are forever cheaters so this is the easiest time ever to deal with the their *success*.

eznark

Banned
Sad FMT is best FMT.

When the Niners are good he is too real for this place and you have no real comebacks when the Harbs era Niners were usually curb stomping your team.

The same definitely applies to eznark.

The good things about the Pats is they are forever cheaters so this is the easiest time ever to deal with the their *success*.

I wish the Packers would suck if only because the Great Love of my Life Slo would return.

1k8nOhl.gif

I feel like we can use this,

bionic77

I wish the Packers would suck if only because the Great Love of my Life Slo would return.
You are a mean and bitter old man and it is much easier to take you when your team is horrible.

No wonder Slo can't stand you in the Rodgers era. Your wife must be amazing if she can put up with your shit if you are 10% as angry in real life. Go on. Buy her that Prada. She deserves it for putting up with you!

Need to go back and collect all of bionics teachings on the pats. The book of Bionic.

The New York Times Best Seller. A story that covers the truth about the Pats, Michael Jordan, Russell Wilson and Magic Johnson.

Bionic's Broodings: One Man's Mission for the Truth

Written Bionic and Dega.

Different divisions friend!

But the divisions in football made no sense.

Miami should be in the South, and us in the East.

You really should be in the North with Pitt, Cincy and Cleveland.

Miami should be in the South

Baltimore should be in the AFC East

Spinluck

Imagine if the injury came from tackling after an interception.

rOPFDRK.png

:lolololol

I am pretty sure coaches tell him to not throw himself into harms way like that, but last week he prevented a taint and he Titans only got 3pts because of it!

thatsourqb.jpg

So I go to the range thinking I'll get a session in and take advantage of the break in the forecasted week and a half of apocalyptic rain in Charlotte.

BAD IDEA

5 minutes in and the sky falls out. Driving, drenching rain for the past two hours (and still going).

Tebow why? Please make me understand your plan!

(Still hit the ball pretty damn well for not picking up a club in a year)

squicken

But we are in the South, Indy is not that far from Chicago. Then the other two Florida teams are in the South Division of their respective conference. Miami is further South than Tampa and Jacksonville!

That Dallas has to be in the NFCE has a cascade effect of fuckery on making geographic rivalries work. HOU-DAL-NOLA should be in the same division. It would be awesome

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
That Dallas has to be in the NFCE has a cascade effect of fuckery on making geographic rivalries work. HOU-DAL-NOLA should be in the same division. It would be awesome

it'd be funnier if Houston was in the AFC west, considering Dallas is further west than Houston.

The divisions in MLB and NFL make little geographical sense.

squicken

it'd be funnier if Houston was in the AFC west, considering Dallas is further west than Houston.

The divisions in MLB and NFL make little geographical sense.

MLB smh. Great way to encourage kids to take an interest in the Astros, having these deciding games start at 9pm

Line_HTX

MLB smh. Great way to encourage kids to take an interest in the Astros, having these deciding games start at 9pm

Tell me about it! I'm still angry at this move after all these years...

Just when I thought that Fat Albert left STL, we get moved into the same division AGAIN with him.

Bowser

Some nice pieces on Cam came out today:

Football Outsiders - Film Room: Cam Newton

The above image is Newton's accuracy chart for the season so far. Although he has completed just 56.6 percent of his passes, his accuracy rate is an incredible 78.9 percent. The chart has 19 inaccurate throws and 71 accurate throws. It does not include spikes, intentional throwaways, obvious miscommunications between receiver and quarterback, or passes that are tipped at the line of scrimmage. The discrepancy between Newton's accuracy and his completion percentage is extremely high.

Through three weeks of the season, it's hard to find a quarterback who is playing better than Newton. He is comfortably on the level of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Brady is outproducing him and Rodgers is still the most talented quarterback in the league playing to a high level, but Newton has been as close to flawless as could be rationally expected. That interception against the Jaguars stands out and he was fortunate to avoid another interception against the Texans, but those are the only two major negatives against him at this point.

Newton has developed into a refined pocket passer with the athleticism to diversify any offense. The Panthers have done an atrocious job of building around him, but his talent as an individual is undeniable.

NFL.com - Gil Brandt: Cam Newton pushing Panthers with MVP-caliber performance

Consider that, according to STATS LLC, Panthers receivers have dropped seven catchable passes, or 11.1 percent of catchable passes -- the fifth-worst percentage in the NFL. If those seven drops had been caught instead, Newton's completion rate would be a much more robust 63.6 percent on the season -- a career high. Plus, according to NFL's Next Gen Stats, the Panthers haven't had a wide receiver finish in the top 25 in terms of distance covered as a ball carrier in a single week this season, though Olsen did rank third in Week 2 and first in Week 3 in that category. Olsen aside, the Panthers' receivers are not running much after the catch -- meaning most of their yardage comes through the air, via Newton's proficiency as a passer, rather than via the catch-and-run plays you'd see in an offense featuring a less capable quarterback.

This is a one-horse team. Stewart is a decent runner and Olsen is a good pass-catching tight end, but beyond that, the Panthers haven't given Newton much to work with. Carolina's defense is definitely an advantage, as illustrated by Josh Norman's penchant for making clutch interceptions, but the defense can't play quarterback. If it weren't for Newton, this team would struggle to put up 100 yards per game, and there's certainly little chance the Panthers would be undefeated. Tom Brady -- who has put up unreal numbers -- might give Newton a run for his money in terms of being the NFL's MVP through three weeks. But in my mind, Newton has been the more valuable player, especially when you take into account the high level of performance and the extreme dearth of supporting weapons.

Is Newton as good a passer as, say, Aaron Rodgers? No. But I think he's as good a runner as any quarterback in the NFL. When you combine that skill with Newton's improvements as a passer, he's going to be tough to stop. I think the Panthers are going to make the playoffs, and if Newton plays well throughout the season, I could see him building a legitimate case to be the NFL MVP. After all, that award should go to the guy who did the most to lift his team up -- and no one's being asked to do as much lifting as Newton.

squicken

idk if Buzz Bissinger is plugged in or just a raving crazy person anymore, but a quote of his from that link:

"This idea that he's a guru and a genius -- did he make the playoffs last year? Does he get the players up? Do you want to play in the Eagles' locker room knowing everyone is expendable? Other coaches hate him. They hate him because all they hear is how great he is. That was a disgrace. ... He's a fraud of a coach and he should go back to Oregon where he could beat up on teams 68-2 that suck."

e: Pretty technical discussion with Malcolm Jenkins discussing plays from last year, using the coaches tape. Sample from a game vs Indy

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/30/all-22-malcolm-jenkins-tape-philadelphia-eagles

Malcolm Jenkins: We were in kind of a bracket coverage where it's really confusing for the quarterback, because guys match routes based on leverage [establishing angles with body positioning]. So, it's really me and Brandon Boykin working on T.Y. Hilton. Cary Williams has Reggie Wayne on the backside by himself, and as Hilton comes inside, Boykin gets ready to match him. I saw him [Hilton] sit down on the route, and I realized he was probably going to whip back on Boykin's leverage. So, I started to drive on the route there, knowing that the quarterback would probably feel like that's open. I'm really sitting high—when you see the start of the play, I don't backpedal at all. I want the quarterback to feel that I'm a deep defender, but really, I'm a low defender.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lindsay Rhodes ‏@lindsay_rhodes 3h3 hours ago

Cam says he's hit more than any other QB in NFL? Our research dept says he's 13th in QB hits since '11. #1 in roughing the passer calls.

Cam is a punk ass bitch, confirmed.

Bowser

Lindsay Rhodes ‏@lindsay_rhodes 3h3 hours ago

Cam says he's hit more than any other QB in NFL? Our research dept says he's 13th in QB hits since '11. #1 in roughing the passer calls.

Cam is a punk ass bitch, confirmed.

Maybe their research department should research harder:

With Carolina Panthers quarterback Can Newton signing a five-year, $103.8 million deal Tuesday, the comparisons with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson have increased.

Here's one most people haven't considered: Newton and Wilson have taken more hits than any other quarterbacks since they entered the NFL.

ESPN Stats & Information worked up the numbers for quarterbacks sacked, hit while throwing or tackled while running since 2011. Here are the top four:

Newton -- 587

Wilson -- 317

Alex Smith -- 295

Ryan Fitzpatrick -- 294

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...cam-newton-have-taken-the-most-hits-among-qbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom