• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

You guys really need to read this new article about Mark Davis that came out today. It's incredible to read through. I mean, just take a look at the opening paragraph!

Most days start the same -- behind the wheel of a white 1997 Dodge Caravan SE outfitted with a bubble-top Mark III conversion kit, a VHS player mounted to the roof inside and a r8hers personalized plate. Mark Davis pilots this machine from his East Bay home to the nearest P.F. Chang's, where he sits at the left end of the bar, same spot every time, puts his white fanny pack on the counter, orders an iced tea and unfolds the day's newspapers. Beside him on the bar, next to the papers, is his 2003 Nokia push-button phone with full texting capability. When someone calls and asks him where he is, he says, "I'm in my office," and sends a knowing nod to the bartenders. It gets 'em every time.

And we learn that Mark Davis travels 500 miles to get his haircut:

Davis travels to Palm Desert to get it cut, just as he traveled to Chico from Oakland to visit a preferred barber long after he left college at Chico State. “I think he’s had three barbers since college,” [former Raiders wideout Cliff] Branch says. “If he likes something, he stays loyal.”

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13735322/are-mark-davis-raiders-leaving-oakland

1454960501023758478.jpg

1454981274112584994.png

You're too confrontational.

Hence the name

Browns Gaf can't take him anywhere.

Didn't ask for anyone's approval, you're stuck with me. And besides, better have someone like me as a fellow Browns fan who gets banned too often than someone endorses Anime and that shit.

I like him. He has a backbone unlike most euros.

My man.

Blunt, unprovoked aggression = having a backbone to you. No wonder you people think your country is best represented by Trump.

Unprovoked? Go tell that to the countless dogs abused and murdered.

I want to drive on Spa Francorchamps.

It's an amazing experience. Definitely do it some day.

RBH

On a recent late-summer evening, as we approach Morimoto, his regular training camp dinner haunt in Napa, a doorman sweeps his hand and says, "Welcome, Mr. Davis," as if inviting in the queen of England. Still, Mark Davis proceeds to the hostess stand and says, "Davis, party of two, 7:15." She looks at him obligingly as he says, "I always use OpenTable."

After the Raiders' third preseason game, a 30-23 loss to the Cardinals in Oakland, Davis went to dinner with a group that included his mother, Carol, and general manager Reggie McKenzie. With no explanation, Davis ripped the top corners off a piece of paper and handed them to McKenzie.

"This is what I need you to get me," Davis said.

McKenzie, flummoxed, turned the tiny triangles over in his hands.

Seeing nothing, McKenzie gave up. "What is this?" he asked.

"Two corners," Davis said. "I need you to get me two corners."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13735322/are-mark-davis-raiders-leaving-oakland

This article is incredible :lol :lol

RBH

It looks like over the past three years, Mark Davis has been trying to bring Jon Gruden back to Oakland:

In fact, Davis tried to change the past into the future by rehiring Gruden. "I've been meeting with Jon for three years," Davis says. "It's yes-no-yes-no. It was driving both of us crazy." (Gruden, an ESPN analyst, declined to comment for this story.) Before hiring Del Rio, Davis also interviewed former Raiders coach Mike Shanahan, who famously feuded with Al Davis over $250,000 he claimed the Raiders owed him after he was fired in 1989.

DMczaf

Take your dirty ass foot off of my fly ass shoes.

One of these days you are going to step on a Niners fans shoes and you will regret your shoe stepping days.

Your shoes ain't shit.

I will step on them in a house, I will step on them with a mouse, I will step on them in a box I will step on them with a fox, I will step on them here or there. I will step on them anywhere.

She loves shirtless so you have a chance!!!

So MRSA how confident are you on da R8hers? Lol

Mmmmmm

Me and her should get together and take our shirts off. If you know what I mean.

I mean we could take our shirts off so I can see her boobies.

Your shoes ain't shit.

I will step on them in a house, I will step on them with a mouse, I will step on them in a box I will step on them with a fox, I will step on them here or there. I will step on them anywhere.

Is this another one of those obscure old people references that only you and Scooter get?

bionic77

Your shoes ain't shit.

At least I don't wear some whack ass Jordan's.

Jordan's are the preferred shoes for people who support child labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom