• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
DT Christian Ringo is not as explosive. I will pretty upset if the Cowboys aquire him.

Edit: Cowboys cut DT Davon Coleman and lost DT Terrel McClain for the year. Looking at players the Cowboys are rumored to be going after.

Fangupo is the most explosive, Irving while not as explosive is younger. Fuck Ringo.

My proprietary explosion formula looks at jumps (vertical and broad) as well as their height and weight. Also my formula is not really proprietary, and you can come up with your own easily, especially if you have a background in physics... I am not a physics major, I am majoring in computational math however. One day, I hope to be Director of Football Research for the Cowboys. Why did I write this?

squicken

Squall that was awesome. That 4-0 under Whiz was always fool's gold. I know you are still salty about that. But w/Arians I don't think you'll find any doubters

I'll sleep with my Harbaugh picture under my pillow tonight.
So do Colts fans ;)

I'm not trying to pile on, and I know that OL is awful. But he throws that like he's just indifferent to what happens to it as long as he can avoid the big hit. At least short hop it or sail it OOB. Shawn Hill did that a lot with STL last year. Just threw jump balls when under pressure

BAL @ PIT

NYJ @ MIA (London - 9:30AM) - if our defense was even half decent I'd give us a good chance, but Jets gonna run up the score and Philbin/Lazor/Coyle are gonna be even more jetlagged than usual to do anything about it

NYG @ BUF
CAR @ TB
OAK @ CHI
KC @ CIN
HOU @ ATL
JAC @ IND
PHI @ WAS

CLE @ SD
MIN @ DEN
GB @ SF
STL @ ARI

DAL @ NO

DET @ SEA

Bye: NE, TEN

Crisco

Banned
Black & Blue Review ‏@BlackBlueReview 55m55 minutes ago
Jared Allen passed physical, trade official.

16808546-mmmain.jpg

a5aaba329c1fe6b668bc8504a3d52dfd.jpg

matt-ryan.jpg

B7HC0hBIUAEb8Mz.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!

After obliterating the Niners, the NFC West overlords continue their reign for another week now 2 games ahead of everyone in the division. The Cards will move on to feasting on the Lambs. I always hate playing the Rams because of their propensity for knocking players out of games. They've taken out 3 different Cardinals QBs the last handful of seasons plus Honey Badger on the punt return and now they knocked out Big Ben... I"m supremely confident football-wise, but will be praying to the football gods that we get through this game without any serious injuries, especially to Palmer. We swept them last year, lets do it again! Go Cardinals!

I know you guys were expecting a more hyperbolic rant concerning our dismantling of the Niners and as fun as typing those posts are, the Niners are too pathetic to bother. If they were still good, I'd tell FMT to swallow deep but he knows his team sucks. I knew we'd win by multiple scores but didn't expect this level of blow out... Cheers to the Cardinals 12th man, little Kappy! We appreciate the touchdowns you threw on the Cardinals' behalf.

Now for more paragraphs so Spinluck isn't disappointed ;) The Palmer to Fitz connection continues to be deadly and John Brown and Floyd will ensure teams can't simply take Fitz out of the game to win. Chris Johnson is looking far from washed up and much better than I anticipated. This truly is the best RB depth we've ever had and now we'll get Ellington back against the Rams. We also are getting Iupati back, finally against the Rams so our rush attack will only improve! This offense is far from reaching it's full potential and if you watch the interviews, Fitz and Arians feel the same way. Our offense can be special and with the most points and TDs in the league (at least going into last night's game, not sure if Packers changed that), we're well on our way!

Defense, someone asked if our D was still any good. You tell me ;) Obviously the numbers are inflated due to Kaepernick being trash but still, our secondary read the Niners' schemes like they had the script, picking him apart. The Niners didn't cross the 50 a single time, offensively, that's fucking impressive. It would have easily been a complete shut-out if not for that stupid miffed punt. I still can't believe Butler beat out Zastudil and I hope we find someone better next season but Arians seems to be married to the guy this year... We had tons of pressure up front which was nice to see for a change but I know that's largely due to the Niners poor OL. I'm still excited about it because the other two division rivals OL is terrible too so I'm licking my chops thinking about the tissue paper Seattle has there. Honey Badger is looking like he'll have a monster season. Bethel, on his first defensive snap (he's been a ST ace), gets a pick six at the start of the game, happy for him. Peterson quietly shut down Torrey Smith, preventing even a single catch from occurring so he did his job. We'll have to wait until week 5 against Megatron to get a better sample.

On one hand I appreciate that Arians goes for the jugular and on the other, we definitely should have taken Palmer out once the game was put away. It's not worth risking the whole damn season. Kaep should have been out too for that matter but I'm guessing they hoped he'd work out of his funk to get a little confidence back before the game ended. Also, fuck the Niners (I think it was Bowman) for that pile-up where he was clearly trying to dig into Palmer and injure him after the play was dead. Already had Mcphee go after Palmer's knees in Chicago, these trash teams need some class. It's alright, I understand, the fear is palpable.

Now go ahead and try to write our blow out off for being against a bad team. I'll just laugh and enjoy the 3-0 start. I don't care how bad the other team is, a mediocre or worse team does not win by 40 pts against ANYONE. We aren't just beating bad teams, we're blowing them the fuck out as a legit team. We are the most balanced team in the league and any team would be wise to be wary of us. That's what we have over the Packers and Patriots, a more complete team but they have the superior QB and we know how huge a factor that is in the NFL. I really enjoyed watching Rodgers last night, just a master of his craft and I respect the hell out of the Packers. That said, despite Rodgers being far superior, Palmer is still hanging with those guys in scoring so if we keep this up, we'll compete against anyone as I've been saying. With Big Ben all but guaranteed to be out, the Steelers game isn't the challenge it once was which means we should have smooth sailing all the way to week 10 where we play in Seattle. It will be interesting to see how both teams look coming into that game. Go Cardinals! Let's get that 4-0!

BAL @ PIT

NYJ @ MIA

NYG @ BUF
CAR @ TB
OAK @ CHI
KC @ CIN
HOU @ ATL
JAC @ IND
PHI @ WAS

CLE @ SD
MIN @ DEN
GB @ SF
STL @ ARI

DAL @ NO

DET @ SEA
Hey I can get behind the Cardinals, its nice to see someone not named manning, brady or Rodgers dominating. Your season last year very much reminded me of the Texans 2011 season, dominating defense with good QB play and then it all goes off the rails when the QB has a season ending injury.

Doomsayer

Squall that was awesome. That 4-0 under Whiz was always fool's gold. I know you are still salty about that. But w/Arians I don't think you'll find any doubters

So do Colts fans ;)

I'm not trying to pile on, and I know that OL is awful. But he throws that like he's just indifferent to what happens to it as long as he can avoid the big hit. At least short hop it or sail it OOB. Shawn Hill did that a lot with STL last year. Just threw jump balls when under pressure

He doesn't trust the protection, and I don't blame him. But he didn't even try to step into the throw - I feel like if he did he may have got a personal foul call for the defender going low. Though after the hit on Big Ben, maybe not.

He literally did that on back to back possessions. Then at that point they didn't even bother throwing. To have 19 pass attempts in a game where we are down 21 in the first quarter... hahaha.

Trey

Stats would be better with a garbage time filter.

I wonder what Stafford's numbers really are.

no point in it. you can parse for stats accrued after an arbitrary time in the fourth and down by, say, two possessions. Doesn't tell you much of anything.

Even beyond that though, a problem arises when "garbage time" actually becomes a real game again. Packers lost a NFCC game because of "garbage time."

best to just think of stats as stats, and find the context on your own.

He doesn't trust the protection, and I don't blame him. But he didn't even try to step into the throw - I feel like if he did he may have got a personal foul call for the defender going low. Though after the hit on Big Ben, maybe not.

He literally did that on back to back possessions. Then at that point they didn't even bother throwing. To have 19 pass attempts in a game where we are down 21 in the first quarter... hahaha.

The more compact throwing motion has taken a lot of velocity off of Kap's throws..Unfortunately he still throws way too late resulting in a more interceptable ball. I don't understand why they kept Kap in at the end either. Tomsula said it was to build some confidence in Kap but they never passed in the end. Having your QB stay in the game and just continually handoff isn't going to instill anything back.

Do you guys think Jed is stupid enough to give Tomsula and the current coaching staff another season if things keep trending like this? You can criticize player effort and what not but when the other team is saying your passing game is easy to read and your defense is playing a soft coverage zone in base scheme vs 4WR packages...that's a huge strategery bungle.

Crisco

Banned
I wouldn't overreact over one ugly game from Kaep against a great defense. Cam has had some real stinkers in the past as well, not 4 INTs bad but still pretty awful, against teams not nearly as stacked in the secondary as Arizona. That 49ers team as a whole is a dumpster fire and Kaep has to be pressing to try and make up for it. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

Milchjon

Welker on the Giants would be the saddest thing in so many ways.

Dude, you blew your chances, give up and enjoy what you have left. We still love you!

squicken

I wouldn't overreact over one ugly game from Kaep against a great defense. Cam has had some real stinkers in the past as well, not 4 INTs bad but still pretty awful, against teams not nearly as stacked in the secondary as Arizona. That 49ers team as a whole is a dumpster fire and Kaep has to be pressing to try and make up for it. I wouldn't give up on him yet.

The problem is Matheiu's post-game comments about how basic their offense is. Is it basic b/c Kaep can't execute a more complex one? I will say that it is pretty damning that they fell behind but just kept handing off. That's John Fox scoreboard massaging stuff

I never doubted Harbaugh would end up looking the best out of all those guys, and that seems even more sure now that Michigan is looking competent, the 49ers offense awful, and Jed screwing over youth soccer organizations

What the hell did SF do with all those draft picks they had that was supposed to make them a dynasty?

We had the offseason from hell...

I would start looking for a replacement at this point. How's the QB class this year? What am I saying...I have very little faith that the organization can properly groom a franchise passer.

Sephzilla

Packers vs Niners worries me because it has "trap game" written all over it for the Packers in my opinion. Packers defenses have always gotten fits from mobile QBs. Hopefully I'm wrong though, and 2015 turns into the "Packers redemption tour" by beating teams that gave us fits a year or two ago

Narag

Yeah, except my team and QB are actually good. Sorry Luck turned out to be a bum!

It's true!
That seems crazy, but it’s true. Luck’s passer rating of 65.1 is the lowest of all the NFL’s first-string quarterbacks. The only players who have thrown a pass in the NFL this season with a lower passer rating are Bears backup quarterback Jimmy Clausen and Rams punter Johnny Hekker, who threw one pass, an incompletion, on a fake punt.

squicken

If John Fox lands Chicago Goff, after getting Cam for Carolina , doesn't he deserve some Hall of Fame consideration? How many coaches (potentially) turn around two franchises like that? He even lost two SBs!

Packers vs Niners worries me because it has "trap game" written all over it for the Packers in my opinion. Packers defenses have always gotten fits from mobile QBs. Hopefully I'm wrong though, and 2015 turns into the "Packers redemption tour" by beating teams that gave us fits a year or two ago

It's not...3 games in and the team has been demoralized. We're rushing 3 and putting linebackers on receivers in obvious passing downs. Rodgers will put up 100.

gutshot

Cody Parkey said he tore all three muscles in his groin before the Jets game, but kicked through the pain. Tough kid.

bionic77

To me Kap is really struggling with his confidence.

Not sure if he is just stupid or did not get good coaching but that's a bad place to be as a qb. You have to above all trust what you see on the field (and if you want a long career what you see better be right).

Has any qb ever lost it mentally and come back from that?

Cody Parkey said he tore all three muscles in his groin before the Jets game, but kicked through the pain. Tough kid.

I am shocked that they didnt sign Novak from the Chargers:

"Novak, 34, worked out for the New Orleans Saints earlier this month after being cut by the Chargers. He was 34-for-37 on field goal attempts in 2013, including a perfect 11-for-11 from 40 yards and beyond.

In 2014, he was 22-for-26 and 7-for-10 from 40 yards-plus.

Sturgis, 26, was with the Miami Dolphins in 2013 and 2014 and was a combined 55-for-71 (77.5 percent). He was 6-for-13 in 50-yard plus attempts and 20-for-33 in 40-yard plus attempts."

To me Kap is really struggling with his confidence.

Not sure if he is just stupid or did not get good coaching but that's a bad place to be as a qb. You have to above all trust what you see on the field (and if you want a long career what you see better be right).

Has any qb ever lost it mentally and come back from that?

Yeah, that's why I said this might be his buttfumble game. Kap has always been too sensitive to criticism. You can see it through how he reacted in social media in the past.

As for coming back...I'm not sure TBH...closest thing I can think of is Alex Smith, Jeff Garcia and Drew Brees (mediocre season as a Charger which led to Rivers being drafted). But I'm not sure if Garcia and Brees ever lost confidence. Smith just said fuck it, I don't care anymore...game manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom