• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Vick has never excelled at reading defenses, pre or post snap. That's always been what held him back the most. In the past it didn't matter as much because he was the best running QB of all time, but obviously he can't rely on that as much these days.

Still, show some respect!
I can't hate on Vick.

He did not lose us the game and made some plays, which is all you can ask for a back up qb. He just has a much bigger name and history than most backup qb's so people are going to expect a lot more of him.

It is a fucking shame he can't read a defense and takes forever to scan the field because his arm strength is legit. My hope was that with the Steelers ability to run the ball that we would simplify the playbook to the point where it was all runs, play actions with simple decisions and getting the ball to Bell and Brown as often as possible. To be fair to Vick and the OC they have not even been together one week. We have a long week now so its back to the drawing board and hopefully they can figure some shit out on offense and Shazier comes back better 100% healthy.

I was listening to an Eagles podcast, and Adam Caplan said it is not even in the Eagles thought process to go with Sanchez. They made the decision to go with Bradford, and that is what they are rolling with.

I was surprised they brought him back after last year, I know it is hard to find backups but his poor play really contributed to them missing the playoffs. All the big guys that cover the Eagles, like Diddenger and Cossel all say that you have to give Bradford more time. The only people that want a switch are the lunatic fringe. They really should be 2-1 right now, and the D is playing amazing. Just need to hope that they figured out something with the run game last week and that Bradford gets more comfortable. The drops concern me way more then anything, but you cant really do anything about that. It wouldnt shock me to see Austin released at somepoint, but that is the only change I think we will get on offense.

Is Sam Bradford clearly better than Sanchez at this point?

Yes. Sancez can run which is nice, but he makes terrible boneheaded decisions. Bradford has not really shown that outside of the one pick to Lee. If the Eagles cleaned up the drops Bradford's numbers would look great.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
People blaming Tomlin are just racists.

Seriously, Vick had one actual day of practice time. Exactly how many short yardage/goal line plays do you think got installed. Probably two and they ran them both.

Vick played about as well as one could expect given the circumstances. Mostly made the correct decisions and didn't turn the ball over.

There's no way you run Scobee out for a 50 yarder in ot. That fits Einstein's definition of insanity.

Next week, with extra practice time and Martavis Bryant back, I'd expect the offense to play at a much higher level.

bionic77

People blaming Tomlin are just racists.

Seriously, Vick had one actual day of practice time. Exactly how many short yardage/goal line plays do you think got installed. Probably two and they ran them both.

Vick played about as well as one could expect given the circumstances. Mostly made the correct decisions and didn't turn the ball over.

There's no way you run Scobee out for a 50 yarder in ot. That fits Einstein's definition of insanity.

Next week, with extra practice time and Martavis Bryant back, I'd expect the offense to play at a much higher level.
This is true but in my defense I loved all people of color before the game last night.

Tomlin is making me reconsider all of my former beliefs and is making a very strong case for racism.

Hindl

Is Sam Bradford clearly better than Sanchez at this point?

His receivers have been letting him down, but the best thing he's done is cut down on the turnovers. Sanchez threw a lot of interceptions, and would probably be doing worse than Bradford right now. You're trading INTs for 3 and outs, so maybe it's a wash so far. But at least 3 and outs lets your kicker pin the opponents down field. Shit situation regardless so far

Fucking Tomlin brought Scobee in and used a draft pick to do it. Yeah, the motherfucker just shit in your socks twice, but he's your motherfucker now. So put his sorry ass out there again in OT and you sink or swim with your fuck up. It's like Brutal making Percy watch Del get french fried, "You're running the show, ain't ya, Tomlin. You watch!"

Anyway, prior to all of that, they should have been feeding Bell. That QB fucking draw, or whatever the fuck you call it, was a disaster. 35 year old Vick has no more fucking legs and we saw it all night. Yep, great fucking idea.

I woke up this morning thinking I was over it. And as the years go by and I get more ancient I find I give less and less a shit about this game. But god damn, I can't believe how they fucked that game up.

Sanjuro

Speaking of feeding Bell, I just had bed Taco Bell for breakfast and didn't even win a gold PS4. The shit I have to put up with.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yea, on the practice field at least. It was reported all offseason that he was easily the best QB on the roster.

Well if there's anything less meaningful than preseason it's practice.

Although I'm not necessarily campaigning for sanchez either.

At least Dolphins fans have this?

12080148_10153262841419611_5456741147259742811_o.jpg

I didn't see this early. Damn.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fucking Tomlin brought Scobee in and used a draft pick to do it. Yeah, the motherfucker just shit in your socks twice, but he's your motherfucker now. So put his sorry ass out there again in OT and you sink or swim with your fuck up. It's like Brutal making Percy watch Del get french fried, "You're running the show, ain't ya, Tomlin. You watch!"

Anyway, prior to all of that, they should have been feeding Bell. That QB fucking draw, or whatever the fuck you call it, was a disaster. 35 year old Vick has no more fucking legs and we saw it all night. Yep, great fucking idea.

I woke up this morning thinking I was over it. And as the years go by and I get more ancient I find I give less and less a shit about this game. But god damn, I can't believe how they fucked that game up.

Bolded made me laugh so hard.

Crisco

Banned
Cam has been getting quite a bit of love from the national press this week, kinda annoying to see them catching on after 4+ years of him being basically the same dude. The biggest difference this year hasn't been his accuracy, which has always been pretty good despite a few high throws every now and again. When he has time to set his feet and have good mechanics, he's always thrown an accurate ball. It hasn't been his ability to go through progressions and find the open man either, he's always done that well. His very first NFL touchdown was recognizing a zone blitz and finding Steve Smith with man coverage.

The biggest difference has been his pre-snap recognition of what a defense is doing and being able to audible into an effective play. That's something that only comes with tons of film study and becoming a student of the game. You can tell he's spent a ton of time the last 2 offseasons just watching film and learning how defenses have been playing him. He got past the initial hump of coordinators "figuring him out" and now he's showing them stuff every snap that they clearly didn't prepare for during the week leading to wide open receivers or huge running lanes. So basically the only thing that's changed is that he's now in 5th year and has built up a repertoire of knowledge on NFL defenses and how to be successful against them.

Well if there's anything less meaningful than preseason it's practice.

Although I'm not necessarily campaigning for sanchez either.

Chip would definitely disagree with you. On Eagles 360 this week he was asked why Sproles is so good and he said he is the best practice player he has ever been around, and he talked about how the coaches always stress to the players that you rise to the level of your practice during games.

Ravens fans are dumb. I was perusing some other boards, reddit, Facebook and I see a lot of "Road to 13-3 starts now" "Flacco won us that game" "I told you not to worry!" posts.

Did they watch the game? Why would you be optimistic after that. Yay, we're not 0-4, but we won because of two missed kicks. We get our asses handed to us if Ben is there. This team still has a long way to go.

Greg

Ravens fans are dumb. I was perusing some other boards, reddit, Facebook and I see a lot of "Road to 13-3 starts now" "Flacco won us that game" "I told you not to worry!" posts.

Did they watch the game? Why would you be optimistic after that. Yay, we're not 0-4, but we won because of two missed kicks. We get our asses handed to us if Ben is there. This team still has a long way to go.
oh, I see how it is

I should have listened to you Darkest....I read that Armando article.....I need a drink.
He is so on the money with that... Just a straight evisceration of the coaching staff under Philbin and it's totally deserved.

I like what I heard on the Around the NFL podcast this morning, teams take on the personality of their coach and Philbin has no personality. Says it all, really.

MRSA

Banned
I don't think they're really anybody on the Ravens team I would want, Jimmy Smith has been molested constantly without a pass rush.

He is so on the money with that... Just a straight evisceration of the coaching staff under Philbin and it's totally deserved.

I like what I heard on the Around the NFL podcast this morning, teams take on the personality of their coach and Philbin has no personality. Says it all, really.

That was clear when they did Hard Knocks. He seems like such an uninspiring person. I really hope that Ross pulls the trigger on him soon.

bionic77

Yeah I thought Tomlin should have let Scobee kick that FG in OT and that was his job basically.

Most likely he missed that close to 50 yard FG but since we spent a fucking draft pick on him that would have made the decision to can his ass that much easier on Friday morning.

Thats what I thought but at the same time we have lost a lot of games because we have gone for long FGs in Heinz instead of punting or going for it on 4th and short.

Basically fuck everything. I wonder what I looked like after the Steelers blow games like that (which happens 1-2 times a year under Tomlin) because my wife spent the 30 minutes after the game trying to make me feel better, which for some reason makes me more angry.

squicken

Yes. Sancez can run which is nice, but he makes terrible boneheaded decisions. Bradford has not really shown that outside of the one pick to Lee. If the Eagles cleaned up the drops Bradford's numbers would look great.

You could argue that the 2014 Sanchez-led offense with the 2015 Eagles defense could make the playoffs. But the problem is that the 2015 Eagles offense is much worse on OL and WR than the 2014 version. Kelce is getting worked over this year for some reason, Peters isn't healthy/old, and the guards are not good. Lane Johnson is really the only guy playing well

Chip wants his QB to be a facilitator, not a guy who has to carry the offense. But unfortunately, it looks like that is what they will need. The run game can't set up the pass. They have to throw to pass now. If Bradford plays again like he did the past couple games, then they have to try Sanchez. Yeah, their have been drops. But the Jets dropped a couple of catchable INTs as well

Ravens are really hurting. Watching that game, I couldn't believe how many guys they had out there that I never heard of before. Been a long time for that. But with the Browns and Niners up, you should be looking at 3-3. Two after that will be tough. But after your bye, the schedule starts out soft. 13 is a pipe dream, but I wouldn't be shocked if they turn things around enough for 9 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom