• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 4 |OT| - A Fraud Loses His Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is so on the money with that... Just a straight evisceration of the coaching staff under Philbin and it's totally deserved.

I like what I heard on the Around the NFL podcast this morning, teams take on the personality of their coach and Philbin has no personality. Says it all, really.

Yup, I really hope we get our ass beat again and Ross has the balls to fire him during the bye.

eznark

Banned
Congratulations to the Steelers on replacing Rapist with Vick, who is better than Aaron Rodgers.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that @PFF graded that dog feces level performance by Mike Vick last night at .1. And the funniest part...
He was at -.4 (still better than Aaron's original grade from last week), but was pushed positive by a .5 run blocking grade. L O L.

bionic77

Congratulations to the Steelers on replacing Rapist with Vick, who is better than Aaron Rodgers.
If the system rewards bravery Vick was pretty fucking brave unlike that coward in Green Bay.

He held onto the ball way too long and took his hits like a fucking man. And he took some chances and threw a few balls right at the defensive backs unlike the bitch ass Fraud who would rather dump off to the wide open guy for the first down instead of taking a shot at the endzone in triple coverage.

Ravens are really hurting. Watching that game, I couldn't believe how many guys they had out there that I never heard of before. Been a long time for that. But with the Browns and Niners up, you should be looking at 3-3. Two after that will be tough. But after your bye, the schedule starts out soft. 13 is a pipe dream, but I wouldn't be shocked if they turn things around enough for 9 wins.
Without Steve Smith the Ravens might lose to the Browns and Niners. All you have to do is stop the run, which we could not most of the night, and that is it for their offense. Flacco doesn't have anyone worth throwing to.

They are really fucked.

It took something really special for the Steelers to lose to them last night. I am not sure anyone else can do what we did.

I think at best the Ravens split those games and go to 2-4 but 1-5 is very much on the table.

jbug617

Banned
Luck still not practicing during the media portion of practice.

@KBowenColts: Media portion of practice complete. Never saw Andrew Luck. Obviously, not a good sign. Chuck Pagano will meet the media around 12:30

Tomsula lets it rip during a press conference
TadkV.gif

bionic77

Wow I am surprised that they actually grade QBs on their run blocking skill.
That was a beautiful run and the refs did the right thing but swallowing their whistles on that obvious tackle/hold when Bell reversed the field.

Bell was such a beast last night. Weird that we did not use him more.

As great as Bell is I hope Haley figures out how to give Williams some work too. Lets not run our star RB into the ground.

Ben looked great the sidelines. Hopefully he can heal up faster than expected. With the Steelers low rent doctors I almost expect him to come back 2 weeks to early.

Crisco

Banned
I'm still amazed that i saw four 4th and shorts last night, all passes, and I think two of them were empty backfield. What the fuck.

Well not amazed I guess, just disgusted.

London Wants an NFL Team, Pronto
British treasury chief wants to have permanent NFL team in London within five years

LONDON (AP) — Britain's treasury chief pushed his case Friday for placing a permanent NFL franchise in London, saying he hoped the league would move a team to the capital within the next five years.

"The real prize, the touchdown for London, would be to get a team based here," Chancellor George Osborne said after a meeting with league executives, team owners and former star players. "I want London to be the global sporting capital."

The meeting came on the same day that the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets arrived in London ahead of their AFC East divisional game at Wembley Stadium on Sunday. It's the first of three NFL games in London this season.

"I am supporting the NFL to bring one of their 32 teams to London permanently and will work with them to make this happen," Osborne said. "Hopefully it is something we could achieve in the next few years, maybe four or five years' time."

Osborne said Britain's Treasury department and tax office were looking at "any barriers" the NFL might face in setting up a London team.

Osborne met at his Downing Street office with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, Jets owner Woody Johnson and NFL executive Mark Waller to discuss the steps needed to locate a franchise here.

"We have always said our goal here is to build a fan base that would be able to support a franchise," Waller said, adding that a timeframe of five or six years from now "feels sort of right."

The NFL has played 11 regular-season games at Wembley since 2007. This week's Jets-Dolphins game is the first divisional matchup in London. The Jacksonville Jaguars will play the Buffalo Bills on Oct. 25, followed the next week by the Kansas City Chiefs against the Detroit Lions on Nov. 1.

The NFL recently announced a 10-year deal to play at least two games each season at Premier League club Tottenham's new stadium, which is scheduled to open in 2018.

The Jaguars have a four-season deal, which expires in 2016, to play at least one home game per season at Wembley.

Osborne said having an NFL franchise would provide a huge boost to the London economy. His office cited a business study carried out last year that found that the two NFL games played here in 2013 contributed 32 million pounds ($48 million) to the London economy.

A London-based franchise playing eight regular-season home games a year could bring in 102 million pounds ($155 million), according to the study.

Osborne also met with two Hall of Famers, former Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino and Jets running back Curtis Martin. The former players presented Osborne with tem jerseys and an NFL ball, while he gave them a ball from the ongoing Rugby World Cup

It really seems like they are going to push ahead with this.

Without Steve Smith the Ravens might lose to the Browns and Niners. All you have to do is stop the run, which we could not most of the night, and that is it for their offense. Flacco doesn't have anyone worth throwing to.

They are really fucked.

It took something really special for the Steelers to lose to them last night. I am not sure anyone else can do what we did.

I think at best the Ravens split those games and go to 2-4 but 1-5 is very much on the table.

They might. But the Ratbirds have played every game close and the new Browns are like 1-15 against the old Browns in the last 10 years. Niners will be traveling east for that game and Krappernick is quickly earning his way out of the league.

Tabris

Canada deserves an NFL team before London does.

Move the Bills to Toronto. Fuck Buffalo.

EDIT - Yes I know it won't happen due to the Pegulas, but there was a decent chance before then.

gutshot

Having a team on a different continent doesn't seem like a good idea.

Seriously. You are talking about 12 hours of flying to get to a game on the West Coast. Not to mention you are now 8 hours behind your usual time. The London team would probably have the worst road record in the league every year.

Line_HTX

Within 5 years huh? They could just bring back NFL Europe. That was sort of fun to watch during the summer months.

Ravens/Niners game is in SF. That's an L

FlaccLol may be booty, but they can definitely run over Squidward Kaepertaint.

Look...Bill Walsh only won 2 games in his first 16 games as HC. Tomsula has already hit that mark in 4 games.

#7torm is coming #Bludgeon Bludgeon Bludgeon..

"Tomsula is the next Steve Kerr."

:|

Zeke

Ugh I hate this London bullshit, just bring back nfl Euro and done with it. We could use it to get qb's ready for the nfl.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
about to go to Chick-fil-A for the first time ever

what do I get?

Spicy chicken sammich, waffle fries and sweet tea. Choose a sauce to dip your fries in.

Live, Greg. Live for those of us stranded in "no fried chicken ever" land.

gutshot

about to go to Chick-fil-A for the first time ever

what do I get?

First time? Just get the regular chicken sandwich with the waffle fries and your choice of beverage.

Don't listen to everyone else about spicy this and deluxe that. KISS

Zeke

Spicy chicken sammich, waffle fries and sweet tea. Choose a sauce to dip your fries in.

Live, Greg. Live for those of us stranded in "no fried chicken ever" land.
How are you gonna get tea instead of the lemonade? That's crazy talk but you're right on the waffle fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom